Can worlds be split?

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Carlos Loff

Re: Can worlds be split?

Post by Carlos Loff »

Isis Ophelia wrote:Thank you Pixellada that you asked these questions. I had the same or similar :)

It is clear to me now that I should have taken Premium, but I thought what should I do with 10 regions? I only need 2 lol and decided to subscribe for an Standard World. The more supported avatars is neat in case I run an event. The more prims I don't need much.

Ilan a question. I will tell you what I need and you tell me please, how it is possible or if it is possible at all with my Standard World. I need max. 2 regions. One to hold my PG Store. The other space or region I needed to be Adult for a future business. Now with my Standard World you said regions can not be splitted. OK I understood that now. Can I at least make part of it Adult? I have no idea how the ratings work in Kitely worlds. I'd like to keep my store to be on PG land because the viewers, will not show in Search adult places to people who have not adjusted their ratings in the viewer. For the viewers like FS or Singularity PG it's default.
I asked something similar before

You can only chose one rating for a world, even if the world has several regions

But you can subdivide a Parcel and limit that Parcel access to adults only and maybe extend a wall that does not show adult contents near the G parcel frontier
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

Maturity Ratings exist in order to enable people of different age groups and different locals (e.g. work v.s. home) to all use our system at the same time: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... Guidelines

However, as people can cam around once inworld, the viewer maturity ratings don't really prevent people from viewing content which they don't want to view when there is differently rated content an/or activity in an adjacent region that has a different maturity rating.

Our system therefor has two layers of maturity ratings: what you define for the world via the Manage World dialog, and what you define inworld via the viewer.

Our Terms of Service require you to set the maturity rating for the world to fit that of the most restrictive maturity rated item or activity found in the world. So, for example, if the world contains even a single Adult rated item then it must be rated as Adult as well.

This means that if you want to have two areas that have a different maturity rating then they can't be in the same world. In your example this means getting two worlds, each of a type that can support the amount of content and avatars you want it to hold.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Might one solution in this case be to keep your own main world as General, but also to rent an area on someone else's Adult-rated land?
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ilan - Never thought of that so radical but it makes sense - This means everyone who has 99 per cent of their world with G or M activities but than have rezzed a single adult bed somewhere, MUST change it all to ADULT - Not saying I disagree but never thought about it that way - Indeed camming is starting to anoy to many people, not me that Love to take wide angle pics to the whole sim from outside the SIM

Dot - Nice idea for a new business
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Carlos,

If parents can't trust the maturity rating system then they won't allow their child to use Kitely. The same thing goes for someone using Kitely at work. These people can't risk encountering content that doesn't fit the maturity rating definition of the world they enter. So, to answer your question, if the user can encounter Adult content in a world then the world needs to be classified as Adult no matter how much non-Adult content exists in it as well.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Did you mean "can't"?
Ilan Tochner wrote:.... The same thing goes for someone using Kitely at work. These people can risk encountering content that doesn't fit the maturity rating
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes, thank you Graham. Fixed now.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Dot Matrix wrote:Might one solution in this case be to keep your own main world as General, but also to rent an area on someone else's Adult-rated land?
As Carlos suggests, an idea for a new business. Set up Adult world, rent places, advertise as adult interests, hold adult events. Place to concentrate people wanting adult content. Good for renters.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Actually both work :oops:
Ilan Tochner wrote:Yes, thank you Graham. Fixed now.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Thank you Ilan for the information. This was a lesson for me, to ask first and then decide :)
Might one solution in this case be to keep your own main world as General, but also to rent an area on someone else's Adult-rated land?
Thank you Dot, that is indeed a possibility. The only cons would be that the land would not have own brand name and it probably wouldn't appear in Search.

But now that I got the information what is possible or not I can better decide. Actually one of the reasons to have my store on a region was to keep my items updated to upload as an OAR to storage as backup. In the past this saved me a lot of time, when opening a store in other worlds. Chose Kitely for this purpose because technically is Kitely the most advanced opensim grid I know. The second reason it's my very personal one. When I work on my products to be part of Kitely paying for a land subscription. I know they don't get rich with land rentals, but this is my way to show support.
Since I shortly decided to close stores in all grids (kept only 2 because people I know offered me little space for free) with the intention to keep the Kitely Marketplace as the only place to offer my products, so when I am ready to expand, I can then easily storage my PG Store and instead subscribe for a Starter World and set there my adult store because that kind of products do need customers to be able to see it in world and to test it before they purchase. So all is good. Thank you for comments and information :)
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello