Can worlds be split?

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Serene Jewell

Can worlds be split?

Post by Serene Jewell »

I'm a bit confused about the new worlds. Let's say I have the Standard World. Can I set that up as 4 single regions? Or is my only choice to have 1 world that is 2x2?

For example: If I have a Standard World, could I have a region called white, a region called blue, a region called red and a region called orange -- each with it's own separate listing at kitely.com/search?

Or would I need to have 4 Starter Worlds to accomplish this?

I only ask because as a premium user I am used to splitting up my allocated regions as I like, either joining some together or building single worlds. I'm curious about whether this can be done with the new worlds.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Can worlds be split?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serene,

Worlds are always atomic units set up as a single island on the Kitely grid. You can't split them up into multiple different islands.

What you can do is change how they are configured: either as a 4-region Advanced Megaregion or as 4 separate regions in the same island (the former is recommended unless you are teraforming in which case turn off Advanced Megaregion mode in the Advanced tab of the Manage World dialog until you're done teraforming).
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Another way of doing this would be to use a single region Standard World, but have sky layers.

It's possible to combine OARs in layers using SoaS, for example, then upload the result into Kitely.

To give the impression of extended landscape in the sky builds, you can use offsim Islands available on the Market. Alternatively tweak the Windlight settings at different heights using Parcel Windlight, and recommend a lower view distance.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Alexina Proctor
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

That's a good idea, Dot. I do like those extended landscape worlds.

But my original question was about whether I could split up a Standard World into 4 pieces for 4 different projects, each with their own listing at http://kitely.com/search.

For example I might want to have a store on one region and a personal building space on another and a work project on another and they might have nothing to do with each other so I don't want them "next" to each other.

As I understand it, the answer to the question is "no, you can't split a 4-region world into 4 worlds." So to accomplish the goal of 4 different projects listed in kitely.com/search, I would need to have 4 starter worlds. That's fine, I just wanted to clarify.
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

I thought one can split into as many worlds as wants as long as the number of regions doesn't exceed limit. Was it possible only for Premium Worlds?
Harbour City - come, see, stay.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Pixellada,

You can't split the quotas you get when ordering a single world between multiple smaller worlds. What Premium Account users can do is use the free region quota they get with their account type to create multiple Premium Worlds of whatever sizes they wish.
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

So in the new offer if I get Advanced World I can only create one 4x4 world?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Each world is an atomic unit, you can decide it's size but you can't split it up into multiple worlds for the same price (you can, off course, order multiple worlds).

Ordering one Advanced World enables you to create one world that can be up to 16-regions in size. If you want more fixed-price worlds then you'll need to order more fixed-price worlds. :-)
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

Now I am confused. At the moment I have two worlds in Advanced World (old option for Premium)
1. 3x3 regions
2. 1 region

So I have two worlds which I can edit separately and the price is the same up to 10 regions.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Your Premium Account enables you to create Premium Worlds and your worlds are indeed Premium Worlds not Advanced Worlds. Premium Worlds are time-based worlds, they are not the same as the fixed-price Advanced Worlds.