Can worlds be split?

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Pixellada Com

Re: Can worlds be split?

Post by Pixellada Com »

Ok so concluding - it was possible in Premium Worlds, not possible in any present option any more.

If I get 4x4 regions there will be always one world with 16 regions together. If I want separated regions I need to get two Worlds. Seems clear now. Thank you.
Harbour City - come, see, stay.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You couldn't split up Premium Worlds either. What you could do is create multiple Premium Worlds using the free region quota you got with your Premium Account (each such world gets its own prim and avatar quota, they aren't splitting the quota of some world they were "split off" from).
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

It was possible to create 10 separate Worlds so in this indirect way the "split" was possible. It is important to mention that since this can be one more reason for some users to keep option that is not in offer any more.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

That's true but we don't want to confuse people who can't get a Premium Account with the details of an account type that we no longer offer.
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

Hopefully loyal users deserve full knowledge on what they already have. ;)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What they have hasn't changed, and we've already blogged about it. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ime-offer/ :-)
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

Some people grabbed the occasion last minute and still figure out if it is worth to change the plan. The theory is usually something else than practice.

I will most likely switch to new offer but having opportunity to create many worlds without additional expenditure was a nice one.

Thank you for the all information.
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Dot Matrix wrote:Another way of doing this would be to use a single region Standard World, but have sky layers.

It's possible to combine OARs in layers using SoaS, for example, then upload the result into Kitely.

To give the impression of extended landscape in the sky builds, you can use offsim Islands available on the Market. Alternatively tweak the Windlight settings at different heights using Parcel Windlight, and recommend a lower view distance.
WOWWWWWW - Are you saying with SOAS it is possible to use for example 4 sky layers and each of them will have their own original OpenSim terrain and water ???

If that is so you have just opened a Pandora Box on my minddddddd
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Carlos Loff wrote:WOWWWWWW - Are you saying with SOAS it is possible to use for example 4 sky layers and each of them will have their own original OpenSim terrain and water ???
Not exactly, sorry!

What you can do is use mesh terrain landscaping items from merchants such as Zuza (virtual infinity and 21strom) and Ozwell to create natural-looking environments in the sky layers. You can also use Kayaker's skywater prims to define other water levels.

The best-looking water will probably remain at ground level, so plan the layers accordingly. If builds need to be reflected in system water, place them at ground level. If you have dense forest or built-up urban scenes or alien planets or..., they will work as sky builds.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Zuza Ritt
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Thank you Pixellada that you asked these questions. I had the same or similar :)

It is clear to me now that I should have taken Premium, but I thought what should I do with 10 regions? I only need 2 lol and decided to subscribe for an Standard World. The more supported avatars is neat in case I run an event. The more prims I don't need much.

Ilan a question. I will tell you what I need and you tell me please, how it is possible or if it is possible at all with my Standard World. I need max. 2 regions. One to hold my PG Store. The other space or region I needed to be Adult for a future business. Now with my Standard World you said regions can not be splitted. OK I understood that now. Can I at least make part of it Adult? I have no idea how the ratings work in Kitely worlds. I'd like to keep my store to be on PG land because the viewers, will not show in Search adult places to people who have not adjusted their ratings in the viewer. For the viewers like FS or Singularity PG it's default.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello