cost of user using my worlds?

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Alexina Proctor

cost of user using my worlds?

Post by Alexina Proctor »

I have one of the older types of land ownership where I pay 1KC a minute for each visitor who does not have a premium account. I have a friend who will be collaborating with me on projects.

I expect I will have to pay for all her time on my worlds as I do for anyone who is not a "premium" account holder.

If she purchases a starter world would she then be able to work with me on projects on my worlds without me paying 1KC / minute for her time on my worlds?
--Alexina Proctor
Co-founder with Prax Maryjasz of Sendalonde Community Library
Library: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Wellspring
https://virtualpeers.com/
Selby Evans

Re: cost of user using my worlds?

Post by Selby Evans »

Alexina Proctor wrote:I have one of the older types of land ownership where I pay 1KC a minute for each visitor who does not have a premium account. I have a friend who will be collaborating with me on projects.

I expect I will have to pay for all her time on my worlds as I do for anyone who is not a "premium" account holder.

If she purchases a starter world would she then be able to work with me on projects on my worlds without me paying 1KC / minute for her time on my worlds?
I have a similar setup. Several non-premium people work with me. But I also run the Hobo sandbox on Cookie II. That is free to everyone. So people working with me do most of their work there, then move it to my premium world. You are welcome to do the same. To rez there, the avatar must be in the Hobo Sandboxer group (to limit spamming). If you contact me inworld, I will invite you to the group. There is no cost and no auto return. Just clean up after yourself and save your work when you leave. If the sandbox gets too much stuff in it, Untended items may be returned.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Alexina Proctor
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Alexina,

We no longer offer Premium Accounts so only people who ordered them before they were discontinued still have the option of creating Premium Worlds (worlds that use time-based billing). Ordering one of our existing world types does not provide the buyer with a Premium Account so they have no way of visiting other people's Premium Worlds without it costing those world's managers KC for the time those visitors spend inside those worlds.

That said, Premium Account holders can easily switch a world from being a Premium World to being one of our existing world type options, which all provide unmetered access. Premium Account holders can also switch worlds back to being Premium Worlds or create new ones (both Premium Worlds and our existing world types).

Alternatively, your friend can get one of our existing world types, e.g. a Starter World, and you can both work in that world without it costing you or her anything extra.
Alexina Proctor

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Alexina,

We no longer offer Premium Accounts so only people who ordered them before they were discontinued still have the option of creating Premium Worlds (worlds that use time-based billing). Ordering one of our existing world types does not provide the buyer with a Premium Account so they have no way of visiting other people's Premium Worlds without it costing those world's managers KC for the time those visitors spend inside those worlds.

That said, Premium Account holders can easily switch a world from being a Premium World to being one of our existing world type options, which all provide unmetered access. Premium Account holders can also switch worlds back to being Premium Worlds or create new ones (both Premium Worlds and our existing world types).

Alternatively, your friend can get one of our existing world types, e.g. a Starter World, and you can both work in that world without it costing you or her anything extra.
Just to be clear. The friend has a premium account with premium worlds. We always work together and cannot handle so many worlds and are consolidating them all on my premium account. If she buys a Standard World -- say for our stores - she will be paying $34.95/month for the premium account (though no worlds there) and $19.95/month for the Standard World. Do I have that correct?

In the long run, if she gives up her Premium account, she knows she can never go back to it.
--Alexina Proctor
Alexina Proctor

Selby Evans wrote: I have a similar setup. Several non-premium people work with me. But I also run the Hobo sandbox on Cookie II. That is free to everyone. So people working with me do most of their work there, then move it to my premium world. You are welcome to do the same. To rez there, the avatar must be in the Hobo Sandboxer group (to limit spamming). If you contact me inworld, I will invite you to the group. There is no cost and no auto return. Just clean up after yourself and save your work when you leave. If the sandbox gets too much stuff in it, Untended items may be returned.
Selby - Thank you so much for the invite. I will let you know what we decide to do.
--Alexina Proctor
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

How many worlds/regions do you need?

If each of you goes for a Standard World ($19.95 each per month, or $39.90 total), you could have two 2x2s to work on, and no time cost. But then both of you would give up the Premium account.

Or one of you could go for an Advanced World ($39.95 per month), and consolidate all your worlds on a 4x4 (16 regions). That's what I plumped for in the end, and I'm very happy with it.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Alexina ProctorSelby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If both you and your friend retain your Premium Accounts then you can each visit each the other's Premium Worlds without it costing either one of you for the time you spend in those worlds.

The cost of retaining your Premium Accounts is separate from the cost of having non-Premium Worlds. So, assuming your friend has a Premium Account (Gold) which costs $34.95/month then she'll be charged an additional $19.95/month if she gets a Standard World as well.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Alexina Proctor
Alexina Proctor

Thank you for the clarification, Ilan.

Thanks for the idea, Dot. That is something that is really worth considering.
--Alexina Proctor