New pricing since ive been away?

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Lily Annabella
Has thanked: 0

New pricing since ive been away?

Post by Lily Annabella »

Ive been missing the virtual world and came back Kitely site to read up and it seems even more tempting now. From what im seeing there is no more charge for visitors on your land? Is that right? Then i can have my kid come play with me and its still a flat rate? This would be great news. Summer vacation its always hard to keep this teen busy,we may have found another thing to add to the list :D
Ilan Tochner

Re: New pricing since ive been away?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes Lily, you are correct all our current offers are for fixed-price worlds. There is no charge for visitor time in those worlds.

For details please see: https://kitely.com/services

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Barbara Novelli

Post by Barbara Novelli »

I get charged for each visitor! I have a 16 region world. It says it's a Premium World, although premium worlds no longer seem to be available on the Kitely Services page. How much would it cost me to change my Premium World to a fixed price Advanced World where I would get 120,000 prim to play with instead of 100,000 prim? Also, are there any other advantages or disadvantages to switching?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Barbara,

You are currently paying $19.95/month for your Premium Account + 60 KC / day (for having more than 10 regions in Premium Worlds) + 1 KC/minute/non-premium-account-visitor-to-your-world.

Replacing that with an Advanced World would cost you a fixed $39.95/month.

60 KC / day is about $6/month (if you buy KC at the max discount rate) so if your world usage fees for visitors is more than $14.95/month or about 75 visitor hours per month then you can save money by cancelling your Premium Account and switching your 16-region Premium World to be an Advanced World. You can look at your Account History page and export the history data to an excel file to add up how much you've actually spent for visitors to your world and use that to decide which option is better for you.

Regardless, you should read the following blog post to better understand the advantages of keeping your grandfathered Premium Account, you won't be able to get it back if you cancel it: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ime-offer/
Barbara Novelli

What I'm most interested in is getting the 120000 prim advertised with the Advanced Plan as opposed to the 100000 prim I get with the Premium Plan. Is that 120000 prim an accurate number, and will I lose anything from my current 16 regions if I make the switch. I don't want to have to re-build anything.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Advanced Worlds support up to 120,000 prims per world. Please note that the way you spread them inside your world will effect the viewer performance of the people who visit that world. The more prims you place in close proximity to one another the more prims your viewer will need to render when visiting that location.

You can upgrade your Premium World to be an Advanced World by using the Change world type option in your world's Manage World dialog. Changing your world from being a Premium Account to being an Advanced World will decrease its max avatar capacity from 100 to 80 but increase its prim capacity from 100,000 prims to 120,000 prims and increase the amount of dedicated RAM your world's simulator will get from 2GB to 4GB. You won't lose any content in the process.

Please note that if you wish to downgrade your grandfathered Premium Account to be a regular account you'll need to go to your Kitely Account Settings page and use the Change Plan option to make the downgrade (this is in addition to making the aforementioned change to your Premium World's world type). Keep in mind that once you do so you won't ever be able to get the Premium Account again.
Barbara Novelli

Thanks, very helpful. Does it matter whether I change my plan or my land type first?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You won't be able to keep your world as a Premium World once you no longer have a Premium Account but, as you've already paid to have a Premium Account this month you'll get to keep it until the end of the month even if you do downgrade your account type now. In any case, I'd recommend you change the world type first to verify that you're satisfied with the result before you downgrade your account type..
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I hate to be dense, but I am when it comes to understanding payments for Kitely. I've been away for a while but recently opened a 2X2 for 19.95 per month. Can you explain is that a fixed rate or will I be charged for visitors? (I don't honestly mind being charged for them, just want to know.) And am I premium account holder? If I'm not, how do I get to be one again? I don't like other folks being charged when I am visiting their lands. If there is a way to choose a premium account, I am not finding that option on the services page.

Also, about payment method -- I chose the "use kitely credits first when available" method. Am I correct in understanding my paypal account will only be used as a back-up when and if there are not enough KCs in my account to cover my fees?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

The Standard World you ordered is a fixed-price world, which means neither you nor anyone else is charged for the time people spend inside that world.

The time-based billing option which we used to offer using Premium Accounts and Premium Worlds is no longer available for order. Only people who retained that option since before it was discontinued get to have it grandfathered in for them. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ime-offer/

Our billing system is unable to make partial billing from PayPal so it can only use your KC balance if you have enough KC to cover your entire monthly bill. If you have that amount, and you set the account payment method to "PayPal, or Kitely Credits whenever possible", then your KC balance will be charged instead of your PayPal account.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Freda Frostbite