Payment options

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Elbereth Elentari 2

Payment options

Post by Elbereth Elentari 2 »

Is there really no possibility to obtain KCs other than PayPal?
I have neither a credit card or PayPal account and no intention of getting either in future...

Any ideas?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Payment options

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Elbereth,

Do you have a debit card you could use on the PayPal site?
Elbereth Elentari 2

Post by Elbereth Elentari 2 »

Thanks for the tip, Ilan.
I have an ATM (Maestro) card from my bank. I'll check the PayPal site for that option.

As far as I see, I can only send money over the PayPal site if I create an account with them and I don't intend doing that. Will have to look for other options.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

When you buy Kitely Credits it should enable you to provide your debit card information directly in the PayPal order form without creating a PayPal account first.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Mike Lorrey
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:When you buy Kitely Credits it should enable you to provide your debit card information directly in the PayPal order form without creating a PayPal account first.
I would suggest adding bitcoin payment support. You can get setup with Bitpay easily, when someone makes a bitcoin transaction, the coins are immediately traded on markets for the currency you seek, and bitcoin prices offered for your services can vary dynamically based on current exchange rates.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

Adding another payment option requires more than just accepting payments using that option. It also requires us to update, and thoroughly test, our system to ensure payouts work using the new option without creating fraud-related liabilities. This is a lot more labor intensive than just enabling people to buy KC using another payment option.

We'll eventually replace the payment option we have now with something that provides more flexibility, but that would require investing development resources which aren't currently at our disposal.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

As for Elbereth's original question: become a creator of content, or provide a service. I build and script, my partner Rosa does DJ events. We both earned enough in KC to fund our own 2x2 region.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans