Update... The Kitely Market Fashion Expo

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Dadiella Nightwing

Update... The Kitely Market Fashion Expo

Post by Dadiella Nightwing »

Lorelei Seetan, Rosa Alexeev and I are planning a new sim called "Kitely Market Fashion Expo." What started as a fashion show idea has become a permanent sim and an Event which we would like to schedule on a regular basis (TBD). I invite all designers who sell Avatar Items (Fashions, Avatars, Avatar Accessories, Skins, Hair, Jewelry) on the Kitely Market to become part of this project. If you are interested, please join the group by coping the orange text into chat inworld and pressing the link hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/app/group/f00066ef-e3d4-401c-befa-4b5cd5dcef53/about and IM me (Dadiella Nightwing) to let me know you want exhibitor privileges in the group.

The goal of this project is to build a fashion community and to promote Kitely Market Avatar merchants as a great way to get legitimate items to dress your Avatar.

The Fashion Show

We will have a fashion show scheduled regularly. The fashion show will be "live," using real Avatars. We did discuss using NPC models, but we felt that live models would make the event even more social. Participating in the fashion show is not mandatory, but it is highly encouraged. Lorelai Seetan is our fashion show expert; IM her about participating or Join our group by copying this hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/app/group/f00066ef-e3d4-401c-befa-4b5cd5dcef53/about into chat and clicking the link. We will update you on dates when they are set.

The Sim

grid.kitely.com:8002:Kitely Market Fashion Expo (You will need to join the group FIRST)

The building part has progressed to the point where I would like to invite exhibitors to take a store on the sim. Join the group above and one of us will promote you to exhibitor status. Once you have Exhibitor status, you may set up your store on the sim. If your Kitely Market Store has a variety of items, please for the purpose of this sim focus on Avatar items.

Goodies Box

All exhibitors are invited to take a goodies box. Inside you will find signage, potlights and shelves to use to customize your store.

How To Use the Kitely Market Inworld Display

1. Replace the image (Right now it's one of Dadiella's boots) with one for your product. The Image area is 600x800 px just like the Kitely Market images are (so you do not need to make new ones).

2. Use Edit Linked and click on the Kitely Market Logo. Go to the content tab in the edit Menu, open the script inside and replace the existing link with one to your product.

3. Use Edit Linked and select the Demo. Go to the content tab in the edit Menu and place your Demo inside. Edit the Unpacker Script to change the name of the Demo as desired. If you don't need the Demo, Use Edit Linked, Select the DEMO, unlink it and delete it.

Brayla's Textures

I have included different woodgrain textures in case you want to customize the Display frame.

The Shop Sign

Use your Kitely Market Store Banner! You need a 700 x 100 px texture for the shop sign (the same size as the banner over your online store). Upload the image, select it and CTRL-click and drag it onto the sign. There is a script inside to place the texture. Also, place your banner in the Teleport Locations (the same way Ctrl-click to drag) so I can add a landmark to your store.

The Shop

If you want to modify your shop further, I can give you a moddable copy to make changes on and then we can replace it. I only ask that you maintain the outside textures and meshes (changing the walls and floor/ceiling inside is fine).

Included Shelves

These shelves are very low poly and easy to texture.
These users thanked the author Dadiella Nightwing for the post (total 7):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixChris NamasteMane ShieldmaidenLorelei Seetanbetty fashionloverMichael Timeless
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Tanya Matahari

Re: Update... The Kitely Market Fashion Expo

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Is this initiative still ongoing? I'm quite new to Kitely, just starting to establish my Matahari Style brand, which was originally founded in SL back in 2007. It's still there, but the last 8 years were mostly focussed on InWorldz. I do clothing, shoes, hair and accessories, mostly for female avatars, system and mesh.

Obviously I've missed the opening fashion show, but I would love to be involved for future if this project is to continue. I did join the group about a week ago, and sent IMs as requested, but so far not heard anything back.

Many thanks!
Tanya
Visit my Kitely Market Store for Matahari Style Couture plus beautiful footwear from Killer Heels.
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

I sent you an IM - I have been somewhat missing due to real life but The sim is still kicking and I'd love to have you!
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerTanya MatahariMichael TimelessMin Tigerpaw
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Thank you very much Brayla - I received all the information from you in-world now, and it's greatly appreciated. I best get to work then!

Tanya
Visit my Kitely Market Store for Matahari Style Couture plus beautiful footwear from Killer Heels.