Upcoming feature: Virtual Private Grids

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Upcoming feature: Virtual Private Grids

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We'll be adding the ability to host Virtual Private Grids on top of Kitely so that organizations will be able to control what their users do and who they can interact with. This will include having dedicated viewer login pages for the organizations using this new offering.

We expect this feature to be ready by September 1st.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 12):
Selby EvansEileen O'ConnorGraham MillsSue CaxtonRobert StanleyTrouble AheadMichael TimelessMarstol NitelyAlexina ProctorHypatia Emerson and 2 more users
Brayla Sana

Re: Upcoming feature: Virtual Private Grids

Post by Brayla Sana »

I could see this as an option also for people who want to build a niche community but also would like to use Kitely's amazing technology!
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansRobert StanleyMichael TimelessAlexina Proctor
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Eileen O'Connor

Post by Eileen O'Connor »

Tears of joy :) :) :) . This will soooo strengthen my being about to go to K12 audiences. Presently at least 13 of my students have Kitely islands (I lose count; th over several years). We are LOVING the experience and the opportunities and are looking into hosting professional development and education conferences. They are graduate students and generally working with older audiences. This new type of option can let us move into K12 areas. And, other in Kitely can still have their own settings. This will be a wonderful option to those who are developing virtual worlds for minors. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ADVANCING HERE, ILAN. I am super eager to spread this info to my students who are developing their own islands. I have a number of academic publications relating to using open source options for educational development and I mention Kitely specifically but have had to have some reservations and reminders to educators about monitoring students. There will always be ways that kids can work around, but this will get us education developers out of having to be policing the basic entry. WONDERFUL NEWS - now maybe my daughter will let my grandchildren in too. eileen
These users thanked the author Eileen O'Connor for the post (total 11):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsSue CaxtonSelby EvansRobert StanleyBrayla SanaAlexina ProctorHypatia EmersonDahlea MilenaCapitan Tripps and one more user
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You can learn more about this upcoming feature in this Hypergrid Business article (and in its comments section): https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2018/ ... ate-grids/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Alexina ProctorHypatia Emerson
Gusher Castaignede

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

Impressive news! Will this new feature be suitable for roleplay communities?
These users thanked the author Gusher Castaignede for the post:
Hypatia Emerson
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes Gusher, it will. :-)
Hypatia EmersonMichael Timeless
Salie Davis

Post by Salie Davis »

Do we have any updates on this? Will these be private grids of various sizes? Pricing structure? Novice friendly? I am interesting in the possibility of promoting an educational grid and would like to research partnering with other instructors who support home school families. A private grid may help parents and churches warm up to the idea of the educational benefits virtual worlds offer.
These users thanked the author Salie Davis for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Salie,

That would be a very good use for the upcoming Virtual Private Grid offering.

We haven't announced the pricing and feature set yet but I can say that the new offering will provide a web interface that will make it easy to create and manage groups of users and multiple access-restricted worlds.
Selby EvansChris Namaste
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

I managed to get some funding for a big project and I will start with a 16 Reg world in few days - Digital Lisbon, where my Photography Students will have exhibits of exclusive Lisbon RL Pics taken from Hotel Terraces, privileged Lisbon views not all people can access

I will also perform RL Photography classes, where anyone can attend free and ask all sorts of techniques or setups for all sorts of Photography areas

Im really curious about the new grid features and pricing, but I guess an 16 Regs Var can be added to the new system later, if I start to setup now, can't it ?

So the question is, for people that have already their lands, if we go into the new grids system later, we can easily transport those lands to the grid, yes ?

Thank you
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great Carlos, that sound's like a very interesting project.

The VPG system is in private beta and already being used by another higher education project.

You'll be able to assign existing Kitely worlds to VPGs once we open this offering to everyone in a few weeks.