Steps to Transfer World to Another Avatar

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Annie Teach

Steps to Transfer World to Another Avatar

Post by Annie Teach »

Greetings,

I need to transfer my virtual sim Sunkirsten Town to another avatar I have created. The new avatar has been created as the Manager of Sunkirsten Town on behalf of an educational organisation which I am leaving mid-December. We would like Sunkirsten Town to continue for our students. So I will have temporary control of this new avatar to update payment details for Sunkirsten once Sunkirsten has been transferred to her. This avatar will then be handed over to a new teacher to manage, but our faculty finance officer will also have access to this manager-avatar account to ensure finances are all in order. Could you please recommend the best steps to take so that the sim continues and payments continue without hiccups. Thanks.
These users thanked the author Annie Teach for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: Steps to Transfer World to Another Avatar

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Annie,

Kitely will soon be rolling out a new offering for organizations that will enable you to assign worlds from your account to an organization account without transferring ownership of these worlds. However, this new functionality will require that your Kitely account continue to pay for the worlds it assigns this way.

The easiest way for you to transfer the world and ownership of its contents to the organization is for you to transfer ownership of the Kitely account containing that world to the organization. You can use the account's Settings page to change the email it uses, its account and avatar names, and the payment method it uses. Using this method you'd change your account details and then change the account payment method to "Only Kitely Credits" to cancel your existing PayPal subscription for our service. You'd then switch the account payment method back to "PayPal" and use the organization's credit card details to create a new PayPal subscription for our service which isn't connected to your own credit card. The downside of using this method is that it requires you give up control of your Kitely account, and thus you'll need to create a new Kitely account from scratch if you want to continue having one.

The last method you can currently use is to export your world to an OAR file and give it to the organization to upload into its own account. The problem with this option is that only items which you can export from Kitely will be included in that OAR file and you'll only have the legal right to transfer items for which you have the Transfer permission. You can read more about this option here: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsSelby Evans
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Thanks Ilan, I will consider the choices. Much appreciated.
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Hi Ilan, I have processed the information. I do not want to transfer my avatar as she has purchased items etc which are mine not the organisation's; and she is a part of me if that makes sense. So, if I save an OAR file (I appreciate some items won't transfer over), could I then launch the new sim under an extended name "Sunkirsten Town and Campus" with the new avatar and payment details, and still have the old "Sunkirsten Town" continue to run for a month? The names are slightly different. This would allow tweaking of the new sim before I close down the older sim whilst still keeping my avatar Annie Teach. Thanks for your support.
These users thanked the author Annie Teach for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes, but please read the Export Report to make sure you understand which items weren't included in the OAR file you created in the process. Also note that you will be charged a pro-rated price for creating that new world and if you still retain the existing world on the 1st of next month you will be charged a hosting fee for both worlds (each using the payment method used for the Kitely account that holds it).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Thanks Ilan, yes I anticipated that, which is fair enough. That's fine. Thank you for your assistance. :D
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

YVW Annie, please let me know if there is anything else you need.
Annie Teach

Post by Annie Teach »

Thanks Ilan. :D