Changing my user name

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Erich Templar
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Changing my user name

Post by Erich Templar »

Is there any way in which I can change my Kitely user name?

When I first signed up for Kitely it was back in the days when the only option was to use your Facebook account, which (somewhat reluctantly) is what I did. Now that it is possible to sign up using an email address, I would far prefer to do this, because (a) I don't like to use my real name on the Internet if I can avoid it, and (b) I am known in Virtual Worlds by a different name, which is the name that most people will know me by.

I'd create a new account, except that I don't know what will happen to my marketplace (I believe there are some 'early adopter' benefits, which I would lose with a new account), or to the credits (admittedly not very many!) that I have already earnt from it. Also, I presumably might not be able to use the same world name.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Changing my user name

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

We can change your login method from Facebook to email/password and rename your avatar in the process.

Please PM me the desired email address you want us to use and the avatar name.
Allen Woodman
Has thanked: 0

Post by Allen Woodman »

I have a similar issue. I just created an email account today, but it took my real name for the avatar. I prefer not to use my real name. I am known otherwise on other worlds. Can the account be changed to my standard online name?
These users thanked the author Allen Woodman for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Allen,

You can change your account name and your avatar name in your Kitely account Settings page. Click the arrow next to your name on our website to open the menu from which you can go to that page.