We need alternatives to Paypal

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Chris Namaste

Re: We need alternatives to Paypal

Post by Chris Namaste »

yes, what ilan says is correct,
for exemple, i made a lot of clothing etc for LGBTQIA+ community, for me 'all humans' are equal,
and many sims here are adult & welcome all styles of us humans,
i really dont understand what u mean neither,
i just hope u did not have a bad experience in kitely, if so : one person who isnt kind or 'awake' in life, does not represent whole kitely community :)
and i respect people a lot who speak up :)
feel safe, this is a good warm community :)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Gusher Castaignede

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

Kitely also welcomes Satanics? The church of Satan blood drinking devils? :shock:
If so, will make satanic merchandise... :lol:
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

As a reaction on the latests posts, all I want to add, this is a platform for creative people who like to explore all kinds of worlds and cultures , and ( as far as I know ) is characterized by tolerance, and race, gender, political background or being member of the “ whatever “ community is not relevant. One of the best things in virtual is we dont like to put brands on people, only on our own products :)

Let us keep it this way.

Cheers
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteXochitl Tentails
Gusher Castaignede

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

I don't think Kitely marketplace is setup for sexually explicit content or otherwise adult content like SL has...am I right or is it ready for that? :D
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Gusher,

There is Adult content in Kitely Maket that is labeled as such and has the Adult maturity rating. Your account maturity rating in your Kitely account settings page has to be set to Adult for you to be able to see Adult content in Kitely Market.

Please see: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... Guidelines
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Gusher CastaignedeChris Namaste
Vixy Sharpfang

Post by Vixy Sharpfang »

I'm in Germany, and I travel and shop a lot around the EU.
So, my experiences are thus limited to that sphere.
Within Germany Credit/Debit cards are "mostly usable" though not popular, as our regular bankcards do exactly the same as any debit card from Visa, AMEX, Mastercard ...
But yes, Visa and Mastercard are pretty regularly available.
Around Europe, Visa and Mastercard also seem to be widely in use, but they seem to be less common than the regular bankcards, which seem to be ( Germany, Denmark, Luxembourgn Belgium, France, Netherlands ) "VPay" enabled.
These VPAy enabled Bankcards work within the SEPA (Single Euro Payment Area).

Global Payment Providers:
As a not card, but online focused payment systems there's obviously Paypal, strong simply because of the time it had to spread. But the OP wanted to know about alternatives to Paypal. Paypal works globally, more or less.

Also, used by Second Life as an alternative to Paypal and usable in some online stores in Germany, France, Poland, Spain, the UK, Ireland ( but, like 1 out of 5 only ) is Skrill. Skrill works globally, more or less.

Payoneer is as widespread geographically as is Paypal, but, like Skrill, is not as widely accepted as paypal.

Venmo and Stripe are, as far as I know, mostly limited to the USA and Canada in regards to shops using them as payment options. I do not know why, but I never found a shop in Germany, France or Denmark that accepted them as payment option. Might be technical, might be because their system seems to be similar is usage to VPay based bankcards within the EU.

In-Betweens between Bankcards and Online payment services there is a group of systems I have no generic term for.
iDeal (Netherlands),
GiroPay (Germany),
Sofort / PayNow (Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium) ,
Bancontact (Belgium),
These all use a webfrontend to arrange payments, and are basically jsut easier shortcuts to SEPA PAyments - so again, only within the Euro zone.

Klarna, is a .. Swedish? Payment provider. I do not know if they are also limited to the SEPA payment zone, or if they work globally.
Somebody educate me on that , please?

Shop/company based payment systems, such as:
ApplePay
GooglePay
AmazonPay
seem to work "mostly" globally, but are, from my experience with shopping within the EU, only sporadically used.

That is all I have on the topic.
To me, Skrill seems to be a viable alternative, but something irks me about the platform. Maybe their gangstah-/game-like advertising.

With kind regards
Vixy
These users thanked the author Vixy Sharpfang for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the detailed response Vixy.