Combining Plans?

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Bladyblue Bommerang

Combining Plans?

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

OK, so the most economical thing for me to do is get this plan:
$40/month for a 1-region world. This can be my OOC/Welcome area/Market sim that anyone can visit at anytime. And I'll have a sky platform there to build at my leisure.

Then I'll add on the Silver Plan $20 /120 hours/10 region world.

So that's $60 a month for 11 islands.

I hope we are allowed to combine plans like that.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Combining Plans?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Bladyblue,

Yes, you can subscribe to any personal plan you want and also switch any world you want to/from time-based billing to unlimited access for everyone for a fixed price per month.

Specifically, you can have one 1-region unlimited access world and 10 regions to divide between your time-based billing worlds for $60/month.

For details please see our services page: http://www.kitely.com/#!services
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Just to follow up on that thought, if I had 2 worlds and a Bronze plan and wanted to double that, would I just add another Bronze plan and 2 more worlds? Would the 2 new worlds be contiguous with the first in one mega-region of 2 x 2 worlds? Or would I need to choose a 2 x 2 configuration from the beginning? I think I understand the concept of combining plans but am unsure of when new worlds are contiguous and when they might not be. Thanks!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Adagio,

World sizes can only be set when a world is created. Once that is done worlds can't be joined with another world or resized. However, you can export a small world to an OAR file and upload it to a bigger world you create.

There are currently 4 world size options: 1 region, 2x2 regions, 3x3 regions and 4x4 regions. All the regions in a world are contiguous. You can configure worlds as an Advanced Megaregion or as a collection of separate regions running on the same OpenSim instance. Regardless of which mode you choose, prim limit will remain 100,000 per world and the avatar limit will remain 100 per world.

You can have a 4-region world on the Bronze Plan if you pay for the extra 2 regions using KC (this will be done automatically if you don't have enough free regions left). Each region you have in excess of your plan's quota costs 10 KC per day (which equals about $1/month when buying KC at max discount rate). This means that to have a 4-region world on the Bronze Plan will cost you at least $7/month ($5/month for the plan and at least $2/month worth of KC for the excess regions your account uses).

Please see our services page of details: http://www.kitely.com/#!services
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Thank you! This is all making sense to me now; I visited several of the 4-world regions yesterday and saw how much real estate that is, lots more than I had imagined. :)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Adagio,

You should try the 16-region worlds and see how much bigger they are than the 4-region worlds. If you keep them on Advanced Megaregion mode (the default) you'll have a 1024m X 1024m area with no region borders (which means no region crossing lag). :-)