how do I do test avatars to my Organization?

Ask questions and report issues concerning our Organizations offering
Eileen O'Connor

how do I do test avatars to my Organization?

Post by Eileen O'Connor »

I am testing out my starter Organization. I need to bring in a managed user test-avatar to see what this looks like to visitors so I can create documentation. I suppose I am to use that Kitely Setup procedural - I know there is a link to that. Problem is I have Firestorm, Kitely and the like already installed on my computers.

How do I get in test avatars? And, what link or the like would you send to someone that you are setting up to be a managed user if they already have Firestorm from other activities? What does that new managed user see when signing in? I was going to simulate this to learn - but I can't figure how to get in.

Is it possible to add some documentation on what a managed user sees when first getting into the organization - I see the pictures with the avatars but some more directions around those pictures would be helpful.

If this info is there and I can't find it, could you point me in that direction? thanks very much. eileen
These users thanked the author Eileen O'Connor for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: how do I do test avatars to my Organization?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Eileen,

Please start by reading this: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ual-grids/

The link you should provide your users is: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... tup+Kitely

You can find additional information about Organizations in our blog and in our wiki: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... anizations

Your users will first need to download Setup Kitely and run it to help them setup their system to access your virtual grid. Setup Kitely will configure a pre-installed OpenSim compatible version of Firestorm if it finds it. Otherwise it will provide the user with an installer for one. The user will need the username and password you issued them. They'll also need to know your Organization's shortname in order to enter it into the Setup Kitely login page. This information will be used to configure Firestorm to log that user into your virtual grid.

After the user logs into Setup Kitely and Setup Kitely determines that an appropriate version of Firestorm is installed on the user's computer, the user will be given the option of selecting an avatar. The avatar options the user will be given are defined in the Library > Avatars tab of your Organization control panel (you'll need to be logged in with an Admin account to see it).

You can optionally set one of the Organization’s worlds as the Default World. This world should be open to visits from all of the users in the Organization. When users login to your Organization’s virtual grid for the first time (without specifying which world they want to visit), they enter the Default World. Users also enter the Default World if they try to visit a world that has been deleted, or that they don’t have permission to visit.

In addition, anyone that tries to teleport to your Organization’s Grid URI without specifying a world will enter the Default World (assuming they have permission to visit it, of course).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansEileen O'Connor