change Landmark? Events calendar?

Ask questions and report issues concerning our Organizations offering
Freda Frostbite

change Landmark? Events calendar?

Post by Freda Frostbite »

If I were to make my region, Belle Terre, part of an organization I am considering creating, would the LM of my current region change? I think it would but I want to be sure I am understanding correctly. Also-- am I correct in assuming events held in worlds that are part of Kitely organizations can be posted on the Kitely events calendar?
Ilan Tochner

Re: change Landmark? Events calendar?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

LMs should continue working if the access to your world is open to people outside your Organization. You can post any event that is hosted on our system in the Kitely calendar, including ones that are held in virtual grids (Organizations) on our system.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteSelby Evans
Freda Frostbite

Ok so--- how easy is it for a dense non-techie such as myself to run a grid hosted by Kitely? I have a project in mind that would take me a LONG while to create and that would need many virtual spaces. I think the most economical way to get that is by having a KItely organization. Also, am I correct un understanding that each "world" in an organization found be the equivelent of a 4X4 Var?
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It's very easy. You don't need to do any technical grid-management stuff when you use Kitely Organizations, our system handles those things for you. You only need to use our Organizations web-based control panel to manage your world, users, etc. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... anizations

Each of the worlds you assign to your virtual grid (Organization) can have a different world type, just like the worlds you have on the Kitely grid in your My Worlds page. In other words, the worlds in your Organization don't all need to be Advanced Worlds and can be differently sized as well.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Freda Frostbite

We're in! Will fill out order form or whatever after we get some supper.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, please read the blog posts I sent you then, once you're ready, create a new Organization from your account Settings page (or our website homepage).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Freda Frostbite

Just so I don't unnecessarily complicate life for myself or the other residents of Belle Terre, I want to be really clear....

If I make Belle Terre part of my new organization, LMs already handed out for upcoming events will still work so long as Belle Terre is open to the general public. Am I correct?

My current residents will have no trouble getting to their homes and venues if I make Belle Terre part of my organization. Am I correct?

I really don't need to make anyone but me a "user" in my region. They can just use their group perms to carry on in my regions as they always have. Am I correct? But if In want to make someone else an admin, I can do that by inviting them through their email address?

Sorry to ask and re-ask but I don't want to do anything that will inconvenience our visitors attending this week's events.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Landmarks should continue working when you assign a world to an Organization but you also have to make sure that you make that world available to people outside your Organization using your Organization's control panel (you can open it to specific groups in other Organizations, to Kitely and all Organizations, or to everyone including the Hypergrid).

If you configure your Organization correctly then your current residents won't have any problem continuing to use the world you assigned to your Organization as if it was still in the Kitely grid.

You don't need to add anyone to your Organization unless you wish to access restrict some of your worlds to only be open to some of the people you add. The OpenSim groups and permissions aren't affected by your world being assigned to your Organization. The Organization User Groups and World Groups are a separate mechanism that isn't related to the OpenSim groups system.

You can invite other Kitely users to your Organization (from your Organization control panel) by inviting them using their Kitely user name. You can assign them to be Admins in your Organization if you want but you don't need to do that to enable them to manage a region using the viewer tools. For that you'll use the regular OpenSim/Second Life viewer based methods.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansFreda Frostbite
Freda Frostbite

All integrated and we have tested everything to be absolutely sure I didn't make any errors with the groups or anything. Thanks for your help, Ilan. I feel like I kinda sorta know what I am doing.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, please let me know if there is anything else you need.