Granting Access to new users

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Sunny Kirsten
Been thanked: 0

Granting Access to new users

Post by Sunny Kirsten »

Hi All,

I am having issues with granting access to the parcel for new users. The 'add' button under access is greyed out.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Anne Smith 2

Re: Granting Access to new users

Post by Anne Smith 2 »

Hi Sunny. I just checked the function on my sim and have the same issue. The Add button is gray too. Might be because of the upgrade?
These users thanked the author Anne Smith 2 for the post:
Sunny Kirsten
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What world is this in and what parcel and that n that world? Are you trying to grant access to a Kitely user or one from a different grid?

What exactly part of the parcel management window are.you trying to use and what viewer are you doing this evening on?
Sunny Kirsten
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sunny Kirsten »

Hi Ilan,

The world is Sunkirsten. The users are all Kitely users.

I am using the most recent mac version for firestorm.

I am not sure how to upload a picture to show you the screen with the greyed out 'add' button for the parcel access. I don't know a great deal about programming and from what I read in the forums I might need more skills.

However, this was working last week and I have done the process dozens of times to grant access to the world.
Anne Smith 2

Post by Anne Smith 2 »

Hi Ilan. Sunny, has logged off. I know she has a class tomorrow (AEST) so I hope it is okay for me to clarify a little. Sunny is having trouble giving access to new students to the Sunkirsten Town and Campus sim. The sim is by invitation only where students must join the offered group and then be granted access via the Access tab on the About Land menu (top menu name click) The Add button is usually active to choose from the Residents list for that last step, but the button is inactive/gray. To assist in trouble shooting, I have explored this function on my sim, Sparrow Mountain and have noted the same gray/inactive Add button on the Access tab of the About Land. The last time I used this function on Sparrow Mountain was just before the upgrade and there was no issue then. So we wondered if the issue was wider? We are both using Firestorm. Sunny has also used this student access process for 12 months, so this hasn't involved any recent changes. Thanks Ilan. Your time and insight is very much appreciated!
Anne Smith 2

Post by Anne Smith 2 »

Ooops! Sorry, Sunny was online!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We'll check your report but may I ask why you are using the viewer-based tools for access control instead of the Access tab in your world's Manage World dialog (which you open by clicking the Manage link in your My Worlds page on our website)?
Anne Smith 2

Post by Anne Smith 2 »

Thanks Ilan. We do use the Manage World > Access tab on the website. We have "Me" ticked, then "Kitely Users", then the group membership required. But even with this, avatars haven't been able to access the closed sim without the Viewer's About Land > Add addressed for specific avatars. If there is a web function for this, that we have overlooked, that would be great. Any advice greatly received!
These users thanked the author Anne Smith 2 for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

My recommendation is to clear all the access controls from the viewer so it doesn't prevent people from logging into your world. If you wish to limit access to your world then only use the access controls via the Access tab in the world's Manage World dialog.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Anne Smith 2
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I have reproduced this problem, and I solved it as follows:

Open the Region/Estate dialog, and enable this checkbox: "Parcel owners can be more restrictive". That enables the parcel's Access controls.

If this doesn't work for you then please let me know in which world, and I'll check further.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 2):
Tonia KaraAnne Smith 2