Missing Forum Activity

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Snoots Dwagon

Missing Forum Activity

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I wonders how many Kitely residents are aware of the forums. Would think in this day of being shut-in, Kitely Forums would be really active.

I find myself missing the forum activity of when I first became active here Aug 2020. Seemed there were 3 or 4 new threads each day, of various things. I know Krull Kitty's "Weird Videos" probably numbed many people and they are just now recovering... but still they were uh... interesting. :roll:

If someone doesn't start posting something interesting soon, I will consider it an obligation to get the ball rolling. Think about it: Dwagon posts on Kitely forums. The only possible defense is to post your own threads first and keep da dwagon occupied reading yours. Don't procrastinate... dwagon paw-claws is getting itchy.

Mwahahahahaha.... :twisted:
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixAlexina ProctorGregg Legendary
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Zed deTremont

Re: Missing Forum Activity

Post by Zed deTremont »

Oki, the thread is severe enough... So this morning I had to signal something in forum due to a problem I encounterd. Only, normally new posts come up in the viewer when they're published. This one I didn't see anywhere around. So perhaps this might be also a possible reason for reduced traffic. Might is not is of course.
Signalled problem was already detected and adjusted by Oren. Few hours after the post and due to a log file he saw. That's called follow up and a super service. Congratulations.
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSnoots Dwagon
Zed deTremont

Post by Zed deTremont »

OK, this one came up at once. Perhaps it depends the category so this does seem to work.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zed,

To prevent unwanted spam from being added to the viewer login page our system only displays forums threads that have been liked by either Oren or myself.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Zed deTremont
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 am
To prevent unwanted spam from being added to the viewer login page our system only displays forums threads that have been liked by either Oren or myself.
I can understand that kinda... but with forum posts so few, that doesn't seem a major issue.

Plus (just to throw this out there), if the forum post requires either you or Oren to "like" it, we might miss some important forum posts... such as your own notification of the weekly meeting on Sundays (you can't "like" your own post... so it doesn't get put on the splash page). :shock:

:twisted: :roll: :lol: *** razzin frazzin trubble-makin' dwagons ***...
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

(Unless of course... Ilan has it set up so his posts always get put on the splash page... which is what I'd have done if it were my forum...)

:mrgreen:
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

There are spammers who join the forum just to post links to advertise services or goods unrelated to Kitely, so it is a real issue.

These spammers usually post in an old thread, and embed their links in phrases that make no sense.

If you spot these posts, please report them via the [ ! ] button in the top right of the post window. That will alert Ilan to their presence and enable him to speedily dispatch the post to oblivion.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteSnoots DwagonZed deTremont
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Scuse me for sticking nose in something I have no experience (at least here). Since spammers have to go to the trouble of joining a forum and leaving a spam message... and Ilan sees every message on the Forum (thus the message can be easily dispatched and the person perma-banned from the forum)... I would think it not worth the time and effort to leave such spam messages. (And I can't remember... does someone have to belong to Kitely to use the forum? If so, that involves their Kitely membership as well.)

Not saying it doesn't happen. Just saying "why limit a function for legitimate users when removing the illegitimate users is possible?"

It's just more of that dwagon curiosity. Gets us in trubble all da time. :mrgreen:
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Snoots,

Automated systems create these accounts on sites they've mapped as having potential SEO value. Kitely is one of those sites with SEO value so we're constantly targeted by such bots.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

And... there's just been a sequence of four spam posts in another thread. All now reported, so no need to go looking.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSnoots Dwagon