How Can I Make a Nice Avatar and Meet People?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Jennifer Boyle

How Can I Make a Nice Avatar and Meet People?

Post by Jennifer Boyle »

My Kitely account is a few years old, but I have not visited, until now, for a long, long time. I love the idea of minimizing costs by only running sims when someone wants to use them, and I love the openness, communicativeness, and availability of Kitely's staff. OMG, I have chatted inworld with Kitely's CEO, and he was interested in what I, a mere user, had to say; that would never happen with Linden Labs. I also like that I can go to other grids.

So, why don't I spend a lot of time in Kitely? First, I really like having a nice avatar and, afaik, there isn't a way I can have one here. Is there? Please tell me, if there is.

Second, I really like interacting with other avatars, and I can hardly find any here. Am I doing something wrong? If so, please tell me.

If I could have a nice avatar and could find nice people to hangout with, I'd probably be on Kitely every day.
These users thanked the author Jennifer Boyle for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Re: How Can I Make a Nice Avatar and Meet People?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Jennifer :-)

You can buy nice avatars in Kitely Market (on our website) or try out some free ones in the Kitely Starter Avatars world:
https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Il ... er-Avatars (press the big Enter World utton on this page to teleport to it).

There are more than 15900 worlds on Kitely (containing over 19000 regions worth of land) and most Kitely worlds are private, so the best way to start meeting people is to join publcly open inworld events, such as the daily parties at Caribou world, the weekly Kitely community meetings on Kitely Welcome Center, or other events that are listed on the Kitely events calendar. Once your friends list starts growing you'll be able to tell which of your friends are online and be able to meet up with them more easily.

It's important to keep in mind that historicaly summertimes have been a low season for OpenSim use as many teachers and their students leave for vacation, as do many other people who regularly use OpenSim during other times of the year.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Chris NamasteJennifer BoyleSnoots Dwagon
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

:)
as Ilan said :)
and what i used to do as well (if it interests u that is), is looking at other people their profile -) groups,
so when the groups have topics that u're into as well, you can join g roups & start imming maybe there or-and
receive the notes what's going on etc as well :)
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Zed deTremont

Post by Zed deTremont »

Hi Jennifer,

I never made an avatar, not really something I want to do. Problem is not so much the creating of the body. It's all the stuff around it as the HUD etc.
Though if you want to take the dive perhaps try via make human, I believe they have the sl skeleton foreseen. I did use it in the past though not for virtual worlds.
It's free and open source and not difficult. It's often used in 3D world as a base on which people sculpt detail.
URL: http://www.makehumancommunity.org

Good luck :)
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Tonight! Come!!
We have lots of nice people at our weekly story sessions.
AND we are simulcasting in both Kitely AND Second Life with and intergrid chat link so you can chat with your friends in SL at the same time you're chatting with your new friends in Kitely!

Here is tonight's notice:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6135
Zaida Thibodaux
Has thanked: 0

Post by Zaida Thibodaux »

What sim is this in?
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

We're in Kitely of course.
Our home region is Seanchai (grid.kitely.com:8002/Seanchai)
Our story sessions may take place at any place on our 40 region estate though.
(this week is on a special 3x3 region just for tonights story!)
But if you go to the main home region, there is always a teleport gate to get you to the current story event.

We do have a story session this Thursday night and next Thursday night.
Then we're out for two weeks, but will be back with more stories, and of course the huge October lineup.
PLEASE SEE OCTOBER STUFF NOW AT: www.StorylinkRadio.com and click on Special Event picture at top of page.

Please watch the Kitely Calendar for our full line up, really, we got all our stuff booked there months in advance.
And check the Kitely Forum for current weekly event.
This week: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6166

PLEASE NOTE:
There appear to be ongoing issues with accessing our Home region via the above URL, if that is the case for you please IM me inworld, or email me at: shandon@storylinkradio.com
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

DWAGONS are available on Kitey Market. After you've found a Dwagon avatar, there just no need for anything else. "If you can be a Dwagon, be a Dwagon." Eberone knows that. Howeber, being a Dwagon does take a certain mindset and skillz, so most people go for Biggies instead. Is unfortunate, but what can ya do?

As far as meeting people, I would keep an eye on events, join two or three of the public groups to see what's going on there and there... and above all remember that you can buy a home on Kitely -- and still travel the entire Hypergrid to find events, parties, and other travelers. That is the wonderful thing about the Hypergrid; no grid is alone unless they wanna be. : )
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Ilan Tochner
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~