Notecard to share with merchants about new marketplace

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Marstol Nitely

Notecard to share with merchants about new marketplace

Post by Marstol Nitely »

This is an excellent notecard from a Kitely resident that does not wish to be named at this point. Please copy the information below and place it into a notecard. You can also IM me in world if you would like a notecard. I did not write this well written informational notecard, but will be happy to pass it along.

The OpenSim Grid Kitely is opening their own unique version of the SL Markeplace. The target date is Mid-April. The Kitely Market will enable you to sell to Kitely users and, within a few months of opening, will also enable you to sell to users of other OpenSim Hypergrid-enabled grids as well. Hypergrid is a system which enables teleporting between grids. For example, being on the Kitely grid and teleporting to the Avination Grid, arriving with your avatar and inventory.

Kitely will only enable Hypergrid access once it includes content protection mechanisms to prevent the content you sell from leaving the Kitely grid unless you gave it a type of Export Permission. The creator content protection feature is not currently in place with the current Hypergrid system but Kitely intends to add this functionality to items sold via the Kitely Market. Thus you, the merchant, will be able to define which items will be exportable form Kitely and which will not. The opening of the Kitely Market therefore provides a thoroughly unique opportunity to expand your customer base, from the Second Life marketplace to OpenSim-based virtual worlds as well.

There are marketplace listing fees, however all Assets (textures, objects, scripts, animations, and sounds etc.) are free to upload into the Kitely Grid (e.g. there no 10 L$ fee that SL charges when you upload a texture).

Kitely Market listing fees are one-time and charged whenever a new product or variation is created. There are no ongoing listing fees and you aren’t charged again when editing an existing marketplace listing.
The listing fees are designed to prevent low quality content from being added to the marketplace and were supported by the Kitely Mentors group so that high quality content can be more easily found.

This can increase sales for high quality items that are currently hard to find in marketplaces, such as the SL Marketplace, that include many low quality items that aren’t likely to be bought. Those low quality items make it harder to find desirable items which in turn means that good content providers see less money coming in. One way you can view listing fees is as a type of low cost advertising that helps increase the visibility of your wares by eliminating a lot of the noise that prevents finding it.

A provision has been made for merchants who wish to participate in the marketplace but choose not to invest in premium membership plans at this time.

There is a 4-region private island sandbox (what Kitely refers to as a “world”) that provides access to registered Kitely Merchants group members only. There are no time limits when using that world. See details here:
http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ila ... ts-Sandbox

There are discounts for early birds, and various benefits for merchants who place large amounts of high quality content in the marketplace. For details see:

http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... promotion/

You can create a free account and even get a time-limited 100,000 prim region to test the grid. Information about Kitely’s services can be found here: http://www.kitely.com/services

Ilan Tochner, Co-Founder and CEO of Kitely, has stated that "Anyone wanting to speak to me can email me directly, if they want we can also schedule some Skype time." His email is ilan@kitely.com

Answers to frequently asked questions can be found here:

http://www.kitely.com/faq

You can also use the Kitely forums: http://forums.kitely.com/

---

A couple of notes for first time Kitely users:

Kitely is an on Demand grid, unlike SecondLife or most other grids. What that means is that worlds are only loaded onto servers when someone wants to visit them. This saves overhead of keeping worlds running in a server when they may be not used for indefinite periods of time. This in turn makes it possible for Kitely to offer significantly lower costs than SL and even offer ownership of a region to each and every Kitely Member.

As worlds are only activated when entered the login process is currently slightly different from just starting a viewer (I was told by Ilan Tochner that this will be addressed in the future).

Logging into the Kitely grid for the first time is slightly different from entering most other grids. You need to login to the grid by entering via the kitely.com website.

This can be done by pressing the big Enter World button on any Kitely world’s world page. You will then be given the option of installing the Kitely Plugin. Kitely Plugin is a small browser plugin which makes it possible to press a button on the website to have your viewer of choice launch, log you in and teleport you to the desired destination automatically. You can use Kitely without the plugin but doing so will require additional steps. Please make sure to use a viewer that is compatible with OpenSim, e.g. the OpenSim version of Firestorm: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/downloads

If you wish to not use the plugin then you’ll need to first configure your viewer with you’re the Kitely login URI and your Kitely login credentials. Once you do so go to the world page on the Kitely site of the world you wish to enter and press the big Enter World button. Once the Kitely website notifies you that you can now login, press the login button in the viewer.

To find a world to enter go to the Public Worlds page on the Kitely website and click one of the worlds. You’ll then be shown that world’s world page which contains the aforementioned Enter World button. You can also go to the My Worlds page and create your own world to visit.

Choose a world from one of these pages and choose Enter World.

[IMPORTANT NOTE: the Kitely.com website automatically generates a random grid login password which is different from the password you use to login to the Kitely website itself. This password can be changed from your Kitely account Settings page.]

Unlike SecondLife, there are no preset last names you must use. Anyone can make any unique Kitely name they wish (within reason of course). With this in mind, even if you choose to not enter the Kitely Market program at this time, you may wish to create a Kitely account using your known SL name to capture it for possible future use.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 4):
VooDoo ProjectsIlan TochnerBladyblue BommerangAutumn Dreams
VooDoo Projects

Re: Notecard to share with merchants about new marketplace

Post by VooDoo Projects »

That's pretty good!

I've been flying around SL hitting up the olbie merchants I know to bring them over here. Here is the notecard I am working with:

PERSONAL INVITE TO SELL YOUR PRODUCTS IN KITELY WORLDS

Hello,

I am personally contacting you to invite you to sell your products in the new online marketplace as part of Kitely Worlds.

HyperGrid Business Blog just recently stated that that Kitely Worlds was the fastest growing virtual world in January 2013. And Kitely was #2 on HyperGrid's Top Grid List http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2013/0 ... n-january/.

Kitely Worlds is currently developing an advanced content marketplace that will launch this April. Kitely intends to deliver a great user experience that addresses the main usability issues with existing online marketplaces. At first the market will be used only for buying and selling inside the Kitely grid, but eventually it will be used for selling to multiple grids from a single online shop.

Because you have been a successful merchant in Second Life for over 3 years I am offering you:

-Free product uploads until the marketplace opens in April.

-Your logo on the start page of the online marketplace for 1 year. Buyers clicking that logo will be directed to your collection of products.

-A free store parcel (2,000 meters) in the Kitely Mall Megaregion (4 connected islands of shopping) for a year.
-Free participation in monthly promotional fashion shows and events at the Kitely Megaregion Mall.
Once you make a verbal commitment to upload 200 items into the Kitely Marketplace before April 1st (unique items, not different colors of same item), you just need to create your free Kitely avatar to begin the process.
1.Go to http://www.kitely.com/#!home and create your avatar. If you are using Second Inventory to import your items from another world, name your Kitely avatar the same name as the one that owns the inventory elsewhere.

2. E-mail VooDoo Projects with your Kitely avatar name at kitelymerchants@gmail.com.

3. Within Kitely, you will receive an invite to the Kitely Merchants group from Ilan Tochner.

4. Log into the Kitely Merchant Sandbox and upload your products to your avatar's inventory.
http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ila ... ts-Sandbox
If you use Second Inventory (http://secondinventory.com/ for $46 USD or € 29,00) to upload your content in Kitely Worlds:
-Disable Kitely Plugin. Go to the Settings tab and clear the checkbox named "Use Kitely Plugin to launch the viewer automatically".

-After you have done this, go to your world's World Page and click "Enter World". Once the world is ready you will be shown a dialog with the details that you need in order to login with Second Inventory.

*Here are some more links you can use to find out more about Kitely Worlds:
Kitely's Official Forums: http://forums.kitely.com/index.php

Kitely community-based Help: https://getsatisfaction.com/kitely/topi ... uggestions

Kitely Blog: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... promotion/

I am available to assist you in Kitely or answer your questions. I am VooDoo Projects in Kitely Worlds, owner of the world named Date Bar.
These users thanked the author VooDoo Projects for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerMarstol NitelyBladyblue BommerangAutumn Dreams
VooDoo Projects

We just got a commitment from Abramelin Wolfe of Abranimations!
These users thanked the author VooDoo Projects for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerConstance PeregrineBladyblue BommerangMarstol NitelyAutumn Dreams
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

That's great news VooDoo Projects :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ohn Lang
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

VooDoo Projects wrote:We just got a commitment from Abramelin Wolfe of Abranimations!
He is a good one who has shown interest before in spreading out from sl

There are some others such as artoo of akeyo who may be willing if someone knows him....tho he rented from calia estates inwz grid when i was EM there, i never got to know him.

henmations --might-- also...

vista aos might also

good job folx!! [and if i sell some darn RAWs i will definitely buy stuffs-))]
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 3):
Bladyblue BommerangMarstol NitelyAutumn Dreams
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Wow, quite a catch! :D
These users thanked the author Adagio Greenwood for the post:
VooDoo Projects
VooDoo Projects

Minethere Always wrote:He is a good one who has shown interest before in spreading out from sl

There are some others such as artoo of akeyo who may be willing if someone knows him....tho he rented from calia estates inwz grid when i was EM there, i never got to know him.

henmations --might-- also...

vista aos might also

good job folx!! [and if i sell some darn RAWs i will definitely buy stuffs-))]
I love Akeyo. I am wearing one of their HUDs in SL right now. I'll drop by there and talk to him about it. I already dropped a card on henmations. I'll have to follow-up.
Ander Freejack
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ander Freejack »

Thanks for the note card that will be useful, I have several building components suppliers I'd like to send that to.

An other huge selling point for any merchant making landscaping items or supplies is that in Kitely every one has lots of land and prims to use, so every one is a potential customer, in SL a lot of people don't have land at all, so never shop for trees or houses. It takes a lot of shopping to use up 100,000 prims.
These users thanked the author Ander Freejack for the post (total 4):
Constance PeregrineBladyblue BommerangMarstol NitelyAdagio Greenwood
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Quick note: in my continuing (unintentional) attempt at being the slowest person on the uptake - ever :? , I misunderstood the author of the notecard I posted at the top of this thread. Dinero Outlander wrote the notecard and didn't mind me telling who wrote it. He just thought it would be better if people presented it as their own. Hopefully I got it right this time. Thanks Dinero! :)
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 2):
Adagio GreenwoodAutumn Dreams