History Page

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Amiryu Hosoi

History Page

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey guys,

I was checking my history page again today and noticed a strange visitor behavior. Back in SL when visitors came over they only stayed for a brief period before leaving again. In Kitely I see very different behavior. People arrive and seem to stay a long time. Average stay time is around 10 minutes and some even stay for 20+ minutes! I think this is a little bit strange because there is not a lot to see 'yet' in my worlds. What are those visitors doing?

Anyone else noticing?

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Graham Mills

Re: History Page

Post by Graham Mills »

I was probably one of those. I got distracted doing something else and was mortified to find I'd been timed out iirc. On the other hand I did ultimately buy something and in 2014 it won't be an issue for Silver Plan Surfers like me. More generally maybe Kitely users are less immersed, multi-task more? And I thought your products were great (which may be why people stick around, of course)!
Amiryu Hosoi wrote:Hey guys,

I was checking my history page again today and noticed a strange visitor behavior. Back in SL when visitors came over they only stayed for a brief period before leaving again. In Kitely I see very different behavior. People arrive and seem to stay a long time. Average stay time is around 10 minutes and some even stay for 20+ minutes! I think this is a little bit strange because there is not a lot to see 'yet' in my worlds. What are those visitors doing?

Anyone else noticing?

Ami
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

My most “enthusiastic” (or possibly just forgetful ;) ) visitor clocked an impressive 56 minutes. With another 47 minute visitor not far behind.

I assume these are gold plan holders who are not so mindful of hanging around a while, as my world is presently not free to enter.

My average visitor duration seems to be between 5-10mins, but there are not an insignificant number of 10-20 minute visitors too.
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Checked history at my regions - so far average stay is 6-7- minutes at my free to visit regions unless I interact with the visitors or have an event - then it can be much longer of cause.
On the other side every 4-5 th visitor also buys an item .... so overall cost-wise it's worth for me keeping visiting my regions for free. :P
That's true as well for most longer stays as due to direct interaction stuff sells better :!: since folks get aware of items they otherwise wouldn't and see them in-world and how they function.
So I will keep my regions free to visit as long as things don't change to the worse (I even expect the balance to get better with the new pricing system :lol: )
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey Min, yes I will keep all free to visit anyways, I was just wondering what visitors are doing, I only have a little bit of scenery razzed thus not a lot to explore yet;-)

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Nice scenery is worth exploring and enjoying in its own right -- seeing different views as you wander around a region. Not everyone is able to build worlds like that.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I was one of the visitors to your world, Ami. In fact I was there three or four times and probably spent at least 15-20 mins there each time I visited.
I was browsing because I intended to purchase one of your prefabs for use in my world.

It is true that you don't currently offer any sales of your products in-world, at least that I could find. But you do seem to have most of the structures
that you offer on the Kitely Market rezzed there, and I am one of those people who need to walk around inside a structure in avatar form before I can
decide to buy a prefab.

I eventually decided to purchase your Edo Sake House prefab and two different sets of Andon lights through the Market. I have deployed them in my
world as the "Arbor of the Moon's Enchantment" Japanese Restaurant in Donnybrook Beach. (Located just northeast of the main road intersection in
downtown Donnybrook Beach, which is located by the harbor/marina. Fly northeast from the arrival point to see it.) The Donnybrook Beach world is
set up for unlimited access for all users, so please feel free to stop by and browse as much as you like. My new restaurant is an example of how Ami's
period prefabs can be integrated into a more modern world environment.

I plan to eventually write the story behind the Arbor of the Moon's Enchantment Restaurant and post it on the DonnybrookBeach.com website, which
I've already registered. I plan to do the same for many of the fictional businesses in my world.

http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Deu ... rook-Beach
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixDanko Whitfield
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

I mostly get the beam in and beam outs, I should probably build more stuff. Got lots of NPCs to talk to though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.