Chicken and Egg

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
oopsee joseppe

Chicken and Egg

Post by oopsee joseppe »

The chicken is "content" and the "egg" are customers...so it is excellent to see a growing marketplace. No content = no customers period. Build it and they will come. There are many avenues to promote Kitely and Kitely marketplace. One important way is being neglected (my opinion) and that is "photos". A flicker account is free :) and we have direct inworld uploads to flicker :)) how easy is that. Free and easy, hahaha don't find that often enough.
There are a few flicker groups to post to showing Kitely --- Kitely World View at http://www.flickr.com/groups/2477018@N20/ ---------- Kitely Users at http://www.flickr.com/groups/2028326@N25/ ---------- OpenSim Creations at - http://www.flickr.com/groups/opensim-creations/ ------------ OpenSim at - http://www.flickr.com/groups/opensim/
One thing will poke you in the eye immediately - they are 99.9% my photos - how sad is that?
Sure, posting to these groups is a little preaching to the choir however speaking for myself when I post a photo many who follow me on flicker from other virtual worlds see it (average about 100+ each photo) and more are following me each day.
The point is it is 1) fun 2) creative 3) learning 4) create art and see art 5) promoting Kitely - I put Kitely.com in my flicker name and always add the location of the photo
I create things, post on the marketplace and would like very much to see more people using Kitely, especially creators and posting photos of what they create or see.
Can you take a few photos?
Can you follow a few people on flicker? They in turn will follow you and photo's of Kitely will be seen by more people.
In summary...take photos, post them to flicker groups, follow others on flicker so they will follow you, help promote Kitely in a fun, easy way. People will get curious, come to Kitely, buy stuff and stay. It has happened to me already. Comments I get from people who see my photos on flicker - "nice hair, where do i get it, love the outfit how do I buy it, where did you take this awesome photo", etc.
send this to 100 people and you will be euphoric and happy in 3 days, guaranteed!! :O
These users thanked the author oopsee joseppe for the post (total 6):
Constance PeregrineMin TigerpawOzwell WayfarerIsis OpheliaSelby EvansShandon Loring
Keith Selmes

Re: Chicken and Egg

Post by Keith Selmes »

Funny timing. I added some to Kitely Users group earlier, had some lunch, did some Flickr tidying, and then read this.

The longer story is, I've had some trouble getting into Flickr, and just got it sorted this week, although I seem to have two or three accounts now.
This seems to be not an uncommon problem, as they go through various changes in their account types and their relationships with other service providers.

I don't really like the new Flickr, but it seems to be the Go To place, so I'm playing along a bit.

Various bits and pieces here http://www.flickr.com/photos/81395094@N05/sets/
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Good idea oopsee. Just did a Kitely search and added some people to follow. Feel silly I didn't think of it before. Thanks!
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

so... loads of eggs around for ages, not enough hatching chickens ? Do we need an incubator ?
umm..
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
oopsee joseppe

Post by oopsee joseppe »

Dundridge Dreadlow wrote:so... loads of eggs around for ages, not enough hatching chickens ? Do we need an incubator ?
umm..
<---Starts building an incubator.... :D
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

burping this... [or as the cool kids say...bumping] due to a conversation with oopsee just now :o ;) :P
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Paul Wilson

Post by Paul Wilson »

Dundridge Dreadlow wrote:so... loads of eggs around for ages, not enough hatching chickens ? Do we need an incubator ?
umm..
This just gave me an idea (note: this is stream of consciousness, so there will probably be many things wrong with this).

What if we had an "incubator"? (By this I mean some way to encourage users to start making more content).

If we had a "Build Competition" where users would have an allotted time to build something (either to a theme or as free build - but I recommend a theme) in a shared space. Entrants would have a small parcel of a region that they would be allowed to build in.

Entrants would be divided up into classes based on user experience at building to give everyone a fair go.

These could be:
New : Those people who have never won in the competition.
Beginner: Those that have never won in the Experienced class.
Experienced: Those that have never won in the Advanced class.
Advanced: Open to any level of experience.
Expert: Only those that have won in Advanced.

Choosing a winner would be decided by voting. Other uses could vote: One vote per person per competitor (meaning that voters can vote more than once, but only once for any one competitor - ie: someone could vote for 2 or more competitors). The competitor with the most votes (in their category) wins that category.

There wouldn't be prizes, as such, but the winners would have their build and their avatar displayed (or even the build available as a freebie). If voting was done as a donation of KCs, then the builders would all earn a small amount of KCs for entering and thus more encouragement for people to get in and build.

The idea is to set up a system that encourages and rewards people for participating and to increase the amount of content available in Kitely.
These users thanked the author Paul Wilson for the post (total 4):
oopsee joseppeIlan TochnerPaislee MyrtleOzwell Wayfarer