What do you think? Shall/could we bring up some activities?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Isis Ophelia

What do you think? Shall/could we bring up some activities?

Post by Isis Ophelia »

like parties, art exhibitions, maybe a grid wide hunt? I bet you have many more suggestions and ideas :)

And maybe there are Kitely members who would spin just for fun and for our tips? Or you have friends who are DJs who you could invite to come over to spend some time with us and make us shake butt? lol

I have a Club I have called La Ola (means The Wave in Spanish) nothing fancy but I got a dance ball and a radio tuner anyone can control to switch stations and after oopsee was so kind to give me an awesome DJ Booth the Club is ready to host some events. Unfortunately my region can host only 10 persons. At this time I can't think of upgrading and paying 49 usd to be able to host more visitors, maybe in the future. But at the begin might be that there won't be necessary to be able to host more than 10.

What do you think? I will be happy to hear your opinion and suggestions
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post (total 2):
Kayaker MagicSelby Evans
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Constance Peregrine

Re: What do you think? Shall/could we bring up some activiti

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I am waiting for HG to be enabled to do much more but would try to attend something here if I can.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Isis Ophelia wrote:like parties, art exhibitions, maybe a grid wide hunt? I bet you have many more suggestions and ideas :)
Parties and art exhibitions are excellent ideas. Possibly hunts within a given world could work well. It could certainly be good for getting people to explore your world.

I don't know about the grid wide hunt concept in Kitely. My stores participated in several of those over in SL and most of the time people popped in, found the hunt item, then left. That was it. On very rare occasions someone who visited during the hunt might come back later to browse, but those folks were few and far between. The fact that in Kitely you often have to a wait a few minutes for the next world to load might encourage people to browse more in Kitely hunts, then again maybe it won't.

Another consideration is the load that people quickly hopping from world to world would put on the Kitely cloud servers. The worst case scenario would be if the next hunt visitor tried to teleport to your world just after the world was shut down several minutes after the previous visitor left. All this extra world starting and stopping could really hurt performance for all Kitely worlds on the servers, not to mention really hit Ilan and Oren in the pocketbook. I don't pretend to know the precise calculations that they used to determine their new pricing levels, but they certainly can't have been anticipating the type of situation that could well occur with a grid wide hunt on Kitely.

What we really need is events that will draw groups of people to a particular world and keep them there for a period of time. Parties and art exhibitions fit the bill, as do boating, surfing or swimming meets, not to mention flying meets. (I actually attended a flying meet on the Quayside world that celebrated the Wright Brothers Centennial and it was a lot of fun.)
Isis Ophelia wrote: I have a Club I have called La Ola (means The Wave in Spanish) nothing fancy but I got a dance ball and a radio tuner anyone can control to switch stations and after oopsee was so kind to give me an awesome DJ Booth the Club is ready to host some events. Unfortunately my region can host only 10 persons. At this time I can't think of upgrading and paying 49 usd to be able to host more visitors, maybe in the future. But at the begin might be that there won't be necessary to be able to host more than 10.
I have a meeting/concert venue set up in Donnybrook Beach. It's called the Sunset Amphitheater, and is on Pier 22 facing the ocean. The stage is at the end of the pier and the 70 seats facing the stage are all facing out to sea (which is right behind the stage). Theoretically this should reduce lag for visitors. Sunset Amphitheater is set up more for concerts or meetings, but it could be turned into a club if desired. There is space behind the seats for a dance floor.

Donnybrook Beach is a grandfathered 4 region fixed price world that can host up to 100 avatars at a time at no additional cost to me. So I'm quite happy to host events on the world. In addition to Sunset Amphitheater, there are several restaurants scattered around the world that could serve as venues for scheduled or impromptu meetings/events if desired. I even have a circle of beach chairs arranged on the public beach in case anyone would like to have a get together on the beach.

The big advantage of the Sunset Amphitheater is that it resides on a separate land parcel belonging to a group. I can give event organizers access to the group so they can rez objects as needed for their event and/or control the parcel media for that parcel.
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 2):
Kayaker MagicSelby Evans
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

I remember a conversation that Minethere and I had last year. It resulted in a Murder Mystery event :D
These users thanked the author Sarge Misfit for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineDundridge Dreadlow
Living life on the wrong side of a one-track mind.

National Security Threat Level: Gnat

My site: Excelsior Station
My Kitely World: Misfit's Folly
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I just posted an event in the calendar with not enough notice, but let's see if anyone shows up. Sailing lessons at 8:AM PDT Sunday morning in http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Kay ... anthalassa.
Other things I am set up to do there so far: Windsurfing (they JUMP off the waves!) board surfing, kayak surfing, body surfing, white water kayaking, archery, hunting, three kinds of sailboats. I just got my square sailed tall ship to work with all the sails all turning and lofting and flapping in the wind! I recently put up some signs so people should be able to figure it out themselves. There are teleport signs that take you to other locations around the world.

UPDATE: Apparently I did not add an event to the Kitely Kalendar. I pessed the + to add an event, it let me type one up. Apparently I added it to my personal calendar? Any suggestions on how to add events? I'm supposed to be on the list and I was wondering when it was going to authenticate me.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Selby Evans
Constance Peregrine

Kay, this is Sunday? Tomorrow? I will try to make it and also tell my surfing friend but that may be to early for her.

Ephemeral wanderer...
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

To post on the KItely event calendar:
you must have gotten an email like this

We are writing to let you know that handy.low.systems******* has given you access to manage events and sharing settings for the Google Calendar called "Kitely Events".

******address removed

We have automatically added this calendar to your Google Calendar account. You can hide or completely remove this calendar at any time.

- The Google Calendar Team

look on the left side of your google calendar for "My calendars" Click that if you don't see a list under that. Look for "Kitely events" Hover your cursor over that and click the down arrow that appears. Click "Create event on this calendar."
I should have put this in my post -- will add it today.
Constance Peregrine

Just a fyi...

Both Torben Asp and Andremus Miklos have accounts here and could be contacted to perform.

Torben already did once for the Murder Inc event, Andre recently asked me if I could do something with him in March and I had to decline.

So if someone wants to do an event using them, and it would not hurt if they have experience running events, then feel free to contact them and discuss options.

I will attend any events here I can.

Ephemeral wanderer...
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

Selby Evans wrote:To post on the KItely event calendar:
you must have gotten an email ... Look for "Kitely events" ... Click "Create event on this calendar."
I never got the email, probably my fault. I dithered on what email account Handy should use, gave him my Skype name by accadent the first time. Google keeps trying to steer me back into the Google Universe (why would you want to go anywhere else?). So I gave up and told Handy to sign me up over that account. Right now, I see the Kitely Kalendar in my Google Calendar page, but I can only view it, not post to it. I figure by the time this is all straightened out, the time of my even will have passed already...
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Apparently I have update access to the Kitely Calendar. I added the event for Kayaker, at least I think I did.
Please let me know if there are problems so I can fix them.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782