Are we building for nobody?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Maria Korolov
Has thanked: 0

Re: Are we building for nobody?

Post by Maria Korolov »

I'm working on making Hyperica more usable -- we're doing a redesign of the in-world hyperport right now.

Meanwhile, even before that's finished, as soon as we get the gates working again (the scripts are broken and a bunch of other stuff needs fixing), I'm going to ask all the hypergrid-enabled grids to put up a gate to Hyperica, so that folks can start exploring the metaverse. If anyone would like to help make a nice in-bound gate for Hyperica other than the plain watery circle I've got now, please contact me! maria@hypergridbusiness.com.

We don't have a budget for in-world design, but I can offer free advertising in trade (say, for your Kitely store!).

I've got all the scripts done, all it needs is a nice gate design -- one that doesn't infringe on anyone's copyrights! :-)
These users thanked the author Maria Korolov for the post (total 3):
Danko WhitfieldSelby EvansConstance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

When u get that gate done I will add it next to my thehypergates and the Eld one to Sanctuary on my main region over yonder and also here when things get enabled.

Assuming you make it known in ways I watch closely enough Maria...and thx, good place to go really.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Constance Peregrine

Here is Christine's blog on hypergating, though it needs some updating as the 4096 bug was finally fixed not to long ago [but I think viewers still need to catch up, not positive on that].

http://virtualchristine.com/2011/12/27/ ... hypergrid/

An, yes, she likes loooonnnnggggg titles :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol:

Ephemeral wanderer...
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I presently have an overview article about Opensim and hypergrid on my blog:

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... rgrid.html

Soon after Kitely has Hypergrid connected, I will be posting specific articles about hypergrid travel and Hyperica. If anyone wants to suggest specific content to me, they can send me a notecard in Kitely. I will be following the Kitely forums and will pick up suggestions from there also.

Selby
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Here's my experience. I've actually begun to spend most of my time offline, in my own SOAS instance. It's easier, when I am building, to start in my local SOAS, where I don't get logged out automatically every 30 minutes, because I was tinkering with something in blender.

Paislee has a beautiful world that she built, and allowed me an others to claim plots to call our home, with the desire to build a community. I was excited about that because I love Paislee's builds and it would be lovely to be part of an active community. But there's a big problem. Paislee has the land set to group, so that group members can build, rez, and script. So, if I have the group active, I should be able to add scripted items to my little place, but I can't. Paislee even added me as an Estate manager in hopes that that would let me work with scripts, but nope, didn't work. Aside from that, as everyone knows, there's rarely many people inworld on public worlds to socialize with anyway.

I hope that Ilan and Oren are planning to add a fix for the issue of scripts working on group land. But until they do, my scripted items just sit dead in Paislee's world and there's not much for me to do unless I am in my own lonely world. Since that is the case, I find that I rarely log in at all, because I can be lonely in my own SOAS instance just a bit easier than logging into my Kitely world.
These users thanked the author Sherrie Melody for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

One time, before I was really ready, I opened my Kitely World Panthalassa to the public for a day. (For a friend to stop by). Then I went back to work landscaping and debugging new items. Within an hour two different strangers showed up to bug me and ask me questions while I was trying to work! After both of them left, I closed the world to keep the masses out until I was ready! (Which it is now, and always public). So my experience with visitors at Kitely has been good. Of course, even my SIM in SL never got more than a couple dozen visitor a week. Now I'm getting the same number of visitors here, although that is probably because of the April Hunt going on now.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sherrie,

If such a thread doesn't yet exist yet in our forums, please open a new thread and provide more info about the problem you encountered, preferably with a way to reproduce it.
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Sherrie,

If such a thread doesn't yet exist yet in our forums, please open a new thread and provide more info about the problem you encountered, preferably with a way to reproduce it.
I created it: http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1420
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Sherrie.
Constance Peregrine

I just found this very good HG primer drilling down a blog that Ami mentioned on another thread.

http://pingsfromtheafterlife.blogspot.n ... rgrid.html

I am going to share this around.

Ephemeral wanderer...