Marketplace

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Amiryu Hosoi 3
Has thanked: 0

Marketplace

Post by Amiryu Hosoi 3 »

hey guys, a quick question.... would it be nice to be able to import existing SL marketplace items including descriptions, price, etc. right into Kitely Marketplace? I have done similar with RL marketplace items so I thonk it will be possible but will take some coding;-)

Amiryu
Ilan Tochner

Re: Marketplace

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Amiryu,

The Kitely Market will have similarities with the SL marketplace but will not be exactly the same so importing may be somewhat more problematic. For example, Kitely Market will have a different categories tree and will add the concept of product attributes and product variations. As a result, what may be multiple entries in the SL Marketplace will end up as a single product with multiple variations in the Kitely Market, each with its own set of metadata that, at lease in part, doesn't exist for the SL marketplace entries. The currency used in the two marketplaces is different so importing that data will also be problematic and there are other things that would prevent this automated process from being a straight forward transfer. I'm not saying it's impossible but definitely not something we'd work on for the first rollout stage.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang