Opportunites for Creators

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Jennifer Boyle

Opportunites for Creators

Post by Jennifer Boyle »

I am intensely interested in Kitely, but I spend most of my time in the Metaverse in SL for two reasons: There are a lot more people there, and there is a lot more content, particularly avatar components and clothing. I have been looking for a nice skin in Kitely. I found a few in the MP. However, the ones that had demos were not exportable, and the ones that were exportable did not have demos. I would never buy a skin without a demo. Since we now can TP from Kitely to other grids, but can't do it wearing anything that isn't exportable, I would never buy a non-exportable skin. So, even though I really wanted to buy a skin, and I had money to spend, I left MP empty-handed.

If someone would offer a nice tan skin, preferably without makeup, but with a variety of tattoo layer lip and eye makeups available for anything like a reasonable price, I will buy it in a minute, as I expect others would.

I also am interested in nice clothes. Since I can visit other grids from here, but only if everything I wear is exportable, I will only buy exportable clothes here.

Finally, I have read posts in the SL forums for years by creators about the damage they think content theft causes them. I think they are mostly mistaken, because the people who use stolen content are not the same people who buy good-quality content. I am not interested in spending time looking through a lot of stuff of questionable quality and provenance to save trivial amounts of money; I want to buy good stuff from good designers who provide good service. I expect that most people who actually spend significant amounts on clothes are like me. This is, of course, relevant to the making of content exportable, and my position is that most people who would buy it are like me and will continue to buy from the designer even if stolen copies are available, not so much because of our virtue, but because it's a much more efficient way to get what we want. It's like the difference between shopping for knockoffs in flea markets and shopping for the genuine products in boutiques---the people who shop in boutiques are not going to start shopping in flea markets, and the people who shop in flea markets would not have shopped in boutiques anyhow.
These users thanked the author Jennifer Boyle for the post (total 7):
Sherrie MelodyDanko WhitfieldDeuce HalseyHandy LowAlexina ProctorFreda FrostbitePaislee Myrtle
Freda Frostbite

Re: Opportunites for Creators

Post by Freda Frostbite »

and hair! Dear god, the hair! Please, please someone get us some high quality exportable HAIR!
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 2):
Jennifer BoylePaislee Myrtle
Tocy Sweet

Re: Opportunites for Creators

Post by Tocy Sweet »

Working hard on all of the above!
These users thanked the author Tocy Sweet for the post (total 6):
Freda FrostbiteJennifer BoyleDot MatrixIlan TochnerHandy LowPaislee Myrtle