Limit on MOAP objects active?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Serendipity Seraph

Limit on MOAP objects active?

Post by Serendipity Seraph »

I did an experiment setting up several media screens. I noticed that I couldn't seem to get more than 8 or 9 to show the underlying url at once. What is the limit and in what range is it enforced? Can I have 8 or 9 media bearing prims at different points in a region?
Serendipity Seraph

Re: Limit on MOAP objects active?

Serendipity Seraph wrote:I did an experiment setting up several media screens. I noticed that I couldn't seem to get more than 8 or 9 to show the underlying url at once. What is the limit and in what range is it enforced? Can I have 8 or 9 media bearing prims at different points in a region?

Seems so. Consistent across kitely, osgrid, inworldz, SL. If anything SL seems to have less visible at once. Tried with both Firestorm and Singularity viewers.

Ah, opensimulator says it is viewer heavy so the limits are at viewer side. Which means I presume that every single visitor can see a different 8 or so media screens if you had dozens, say on a video wall. Fair enough since each visitor will probably not be staring at more than that at time. I was dreaming of a big media cube and sitting in front of dozens of updating displays though. 8-)
Last edited by Serendipity Seraph on Fri May 30, 2014 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Yes, I think 8 is the limit and has been since forever. I have to confess that I'm more concerned about the lack of support for HTML5 since the Teapot viewer disappeared. Has anyone tried fixing that for themselves?
Serendipity Seraph wrote:
Serendipity Seraph wrote:I did an experiment setting up several media screens. I noticed that I couldn't seem to get more than 8 or 9 to show the underlying url at once. What is the limit and in what range is it enforced? Can I have 8 or 9 media bearing prims at different points in a region?

Seems so. Consistent across kitely, osgrid, inworldz, SL. If anything SL seems to have less visible at once. Tried with both Firestorm and Singularity viewers.
Serendipity Seraph

Graham Mills wrote:Yes, I think 8 is the limit and has been since forever. I have to confess that I'm more concerned about the lack of support for HTML5 since the Teapot viewer disappeared. Has anyone tried fixing that for themselves?
Hmm? Webkit can't handle html5?
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I think it's more likely a case of the viewer webkit version being antiquated but I've not checked.
Serendipity Seraph wrote:
Graham Mills wrote:Yes, I think 8 is the limit and has been since forever. I have to confess that I'm more concerned about the lack of support for HTML5 since the Teapot viewer disappeared. Has anyone tried fixing that for themselves?

Hmm? Webkit can't handle html5?