Anywhere to test NPCs and Bullet physics?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Phoneix Dreamscape

Anywhere to test NPCs and Bullet physics?

Post by Phoneix Dreamscape »

Is there anyplace in Kitely where I can rez NPCs and test Bullet physics? I tried the Kitely sandbox, its so restrictive I could't determine which physics engine is being used. It would not allow me to run osGetScriptEngineName(). It also prohibited me from rezzing a NPC.

Do I have to be a Premium member now in order to create and test certain content for Kitely (NPCs, vehicles and physical critters)?
These users thanked the author Phoneix Dreamscape for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineKayaker Magic
Ilan Tochner

Re: Anywhere to test NPCs and Bullet physics?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If you create a Kitely World then you can open the Advanced tab in its Manage World dialog to find the option to configure which physics engine that world will use. See: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... ed-search/

You don't have to be a Premium Account member to create a fixed-price Kitely world but you will need to be one if you wish to create a Premium World.
Phoneix Dreamscape

Hi Ilan, thanks for your reply. As I understand it then, there isn't a place where I can test my vehicles, critters or NPCs so in order to make and test that content for Kitely it will cost at least $14.95 a month?
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Phoniex...hiya-))

People here might offer to give you rights on their lands.

I would just post a request. I think there are several here you might know. I wish I could but I had to reduce things for now.

http://www.kitely.com/forums/memberlist.php
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Phoneix Dreamscape
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Phoenix,

Our prices are pro-rated so if you only want to test it out for a few days you can order a Starter World towards the end of the month and, once you've paid, switch that world's world type (in the Basic tab of the Manage World dialog) to be a Premium World. As you've already paid the world will remain a Starter World until the end of that month. Doing this will enable you to pay for just the remaining days of the month so you can minimize your expense. For example, if you order 3 days before the end of the month you'll only be charged 3 / 30 = 10% of the world cost (e.g. $14.95 * 0.1 = $1.50).

Alternatively, you can ask in the General Discussion section of the forums to see if someone is willing to let you run your tests in their world.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hi Pheonix, I can make a world available to you to test vehicles/physics if you'd like.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 4):
Constance PeregrineSelby EvansPhoneix DreamscapeSerene Jewell
Phoneix Dreamscape

Hithere Minethere! Thanks for your suggestion :)

Ilan, thanks again for your reply. So the answer to my question is no, there is no place to test vehicles, NPCs or physical critters in Kitely without the kind generosity of a region owner or having to pay $14.95 / month (prorated to about 50 cents/day).

Hi Marstol, thank you for your kind offer, I am honored and gladly accept it. I promise not to grief the sim (well, not intentionally that is, sometimes the experimental NPCs wander off but I'll keep an eye on them). I'll happily send you free copies of all the things ported/ developed / tested there. Which do you like best.....vehicles, NPCs or critters? You name it, and I'll start on those first.
These users thanked the author Phoneix Dreamscape for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelySelby EvansSerene Jewell
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Phoneix Dreamscape wrote:Hithere Minethere! Thanks for your suggestion :)

Ilan, thanks again for your reply. So the answer to my question is no, there is no place to test vehicles, NPCs or physical critters in Kitely without the kind generosity of a region owner or having to pay $14.95 / month (prorated to about 50 cents/day).

Hi Marstol, thank you for your kind offer, I am honored and gladly accept it. I promise not to grief the sim (well, not intentionally that is, sometimes the experimental NPCs wander off but I'll keep an eye on them). I'll happily send you free copies of all the things ported/ developed / tested there. Which do you like best.....vehicles, NPCs or critters? You name it, and I'll start on those first.

heyathereback-))

Marstol is very nice and so are you so I think this will work out very nicely. I do look forward to some new interesting NPC stuff especially, others such as Ramesh are doing NPCs also.

And, wb-))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyPhoneix DreamscapeSerene Jewell
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Oooo, I like them all, but Critters would have to be my favorite. How about I put two worlds up. One Bullet and the other ODE. I'll let you know when they are up. Any particular features you need?
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixSelby EvansConstance Peregrine
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Marstol Nitely wrote:Oooo, I like them all, but Critters would have to be my favorite. How about I put two worlds up. One Bullet and the other ODE. I'll let you know when they are up. Any particular features you need?
Please keep me updated on this project--I would want to post about it if useful info develops.