=Bullies Attacking Kitely and Opensim=

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Phoenix Rising

Re: Another Linden bully? Attacking Kitely and Opensim

Post by Phoenix Rising »

Minethere Always wrote:inwz is not doing very well at all...as i have said in other places their business model of being a standard sl clone [despite what some there would have some ppl believe] is a fad that is passing.

As kitely is innovating and keeping up with current OS development...it is, imo, the goto grid for those commercially oriented...and in fact, even for those who like the free opensim grids as their pricing is in line with those also.

The trend is to rent regions for lower costs due to the lower costings of server use.

I do expect others will copycat some of the concepts Kitely is doing, or, they will go away, eventually.

Once Kitely opens to the hypergates and the rest of the Metaverse this grid will boom big time....watch and see-)))

Very much so agree as sl is a class range by itself and to try to copy it will get noplace even if someone offered more why try to reinvent the wheel,
Also what drew me to kitely was the options of having a opensim grid with added features to come
also the safety of being able to open a store in the marketplace and inworld that has the tools of a closed grid like sl,

Kitely dollars can be used to pay my land fee that brings a big smile on my face :D

As for inworldz in this article also inworldz employee in this article it must be sad to be them to try to control anyone as the thought police,
Never been a resident in inworldz but everyone who is my friend has tried it then left fast ! ,

My friend Jacob had a really nice store there he was proud of but his rl cancer he fought for years returned so he was sick, he told his group he would not be online much as the VA Hospital the WiFi was bad but he did try to provide customer service but crazy thing was he started logging in and someone was sending him a Uncle Fester avatar from The Adams Family several times that was the most cruel thing and he was very upset as he burst into tears to me on voice chat,

Opensim or not things show who created it but he showed me photos it had no creator nothing in inspection he contacted inworldz owners no reply
he opened several tickets over a months time still nothing he told me he thought it was from a misunderstanding he had with a roleplay clan in inworldz
and even contacted them to apologize to fix things but his health had taken a bad turn by then he was offline 6 months but never went back,

Some refuse to understand that a real person is on the other end of a pc and we never know the battles they maybe fighting.
These users thanked the author Phoenix Rising for the post (total 2):
Content CreaterConstance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I agree that some people seem to forget we are all real people behind our avatar personas.

I have remarked on this to some people. I think it has to do with some people who have played this game for so long who somehow get "twisted".

I think it also has to do with the nature of the game and as well the nature of the internet, anonymity. Some people are always going to be negative players and "game" the sytem, and this causes so many issues.

I think that also, the net as a whole attracts some people who have mental issues, and some of those will be negative issues....not all, of course.

And I agree, it is nice to have the option to pay for land here in KCs....only one of many smart things they do here. In that grid Elenia, one of the owners, used to have [may still have] on her profile what I suppose she thought was witty, that she cannot pay for her servers using inwz money so she can't be expected to accept pmt for land in inwz money [paraphrased].

Regardless, you are all better well suited to Kitely, it is working out fine, and I am sorry your friend was treated so badly. Maybe we need an AA style group here? hugss
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 3):
Phoenix RisingContent CreaterMarstol Nitely
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Phoenix Rising

Post by Phoenix Rising »

Minethere Always wrote:I agree that some people seem to forget we are all real people behind our avatar personas.

I have remarked on this to some people. I think it has to do with some people who have played this game for so long who somehow get "twisted".

I think it also has to do with the nature of the game and as well the nature of the internet, anonymity. Some people are always going to be negative players and "game" the sytem, and this causes so many issues.

I think that also, the net as a whole attracts some people who have mental issues, and some of those will be negative issues....not all, of course.

And I agree, it is nice to have the option to pay for land here in KCs....only one of many smart things they do here. In that grid Elenia, one of the owners, used to have [may still have] on her profile what I suppose she thought was witty, that she cannot pay for her servers using inwz money so she can't be expected to accept pmt for land in inwz money [paraphrased].

Regardless, you are all better well suited to Kitely, it is working out fine, and I am sorry your friend was treated so badly. Maybe we need an AA style group here? hugss
Thanks and seems AA style group not bad idea as seems many have been 'Shell Shocked' from that place as I've heard that name Elenia so many times i'm thinking the devil might want to watch out someone is trying to take his throne LOL.

Well the copycatting sl they are doing is a double edged sword as if trying to be like them they can never offer anything different at same time wasting a lot of resources trying to remake someone elses inventions,
When you say mental issues with them obsessions come to mind and no matter how close they think they can 'beat' sl it will always be many steps ahead,

Thing that drew me to kitely was the desire of founders here to help OS grow along with other OS grids as a team pushing OS in its own direction not wasting time trying to live in someone elses glory days but pushing the limits of OS,

One thing i have learned you can be a resident of many places those are choices never have to decide one over other,

I found kitely searching for historical places in Chicago on my iphone , was this video that drew me in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VSoFD6qVv8

P.S love your blog i found earlier it really helped put alot of pieces together ;)
These users thanked the author Phoenix Rising for the post (total 3):
Content CreaterMarstol NitelyConstance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ina ... -Highlands

I went by there as there was some discussion on this several months back-))

Inara Pey is a well-known blogger also concerning virtual worlds.

http://modemworld.wordpress.com/tag/fallingwater/

ty concerning my blog...one of the reasons for it was to try to be helpful to folx, and not necessarily about inwz, but the realities of virtual reality-))

This is one of my blog pages I kinda like tho it is somewhat dated, the sentiments are the same:

http://minethere.blogspot.com/2012/09/good-v-bad.html

be well-))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Content CreaterMarstol Nitely

Ephemeral wanderer...
Content Creater

Re: =Bullies Attacking Kitely and Opensim=

Post by Content Creater »

OP Here >Changed thread name as i have never seen lindens trolling forums or attacking other grid owners to to be fair it has been changed
>many are residents are both in kitely and secondlife and are happy with both places also the added life experiences just to be fair
.cannot speak for everyone but changed it just the same >Thanks for the feedback and still glad to point out the grid bully
These users thanked the author Content Creater for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Constance Peregrine

Re: =Bullies Attacking Kitely and Opensim=

thx..i may not have noticed that...lol

Ephemeral wanderer...