=Bullies Attacking Kitely and Opensim=

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Jane Doe

Re: Another Linden bully? Attacking Kitely and Opensim

Post by Jane Doe »

Like to say Sorry to my fellow residents for my outspoken views & facts as certain parts of the metaverse has been very bad choices for me & loyalty to here is very strong I sould have used words better as I am sorry the wrath of others came down on residents here and will follow more Ilan's model & outlook for now on to be more virtuous & humble in interacting with my fellow residents. Thank you
These users thanked the author Jane Doe for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerJeremiah LeitnerConstance PeregrineContent Creater
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Jane, I appreciate your continued support for Kitely and being open to adopting a different approach. :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineContent Creater
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Jim Tarber wrote:Just to clarify, I'm talking about logging in to SL and observing the behavior, e.g. what happens if you sit on a child prim and then rotate the root prim in object vs. Edit Linked Part modes. Things like that. Occasionally I also check the network packets using the viewer's "Message Log" feature. I've never used a network packet monitor (other than the viewer Message Log feature) when connecting to SL, even though I don't have a problem with that, and know that's probably how most of the OMV libraries (that we all rely on) was created.
Thank you for clearing that up. That is okay behavior by my book any day. :-)

Here's looking to a future were both grids flourish and work together.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Jim TarberContent Creater
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Just got home a little while ago and saw this thread. Otherwise I would have commented sooner. I was surprised that Jim Tarber commented in the Kitely forums. That in itself is O.K. He said himself that he is (was?) a Kitely member. Somehow I doubt that's why he appeared now, but O.K., benefit of the doubt...

My mouth dropped open when he criticized Ilan for someone else's comments and Ilan's handling of the forums. I have seen well known IW residents make disparaging, untrue comments about Kitely more than once on Hypergrid Business. I've never seen the IW grid owners try to dissuade them.

I have criticized Kitely and/or Ilan at times and argued with Ilan both at meetings and on these forums. I've done it because I am completely secure that as long as I don't abuse the privilege, Ilan will allow me to vent or express my opinions and still treat me as an adult. I am very thankful for a grid that allows me the freedom to disagree without fear of losing my virtual home.

I am a member of IW, but spend almost no time there. Partly because I can't stay logged on for more than a few minutes without being bounced off. Partly because I liked the direction Kitely was and is taking and the way it treated it's residents.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerConstance PeregrineContent Creater
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Marstol Nitely wrote:My mouth dropped open when he criticized Ilan for someone else's comments and Ilan's handling of the forums. I have seen well known IW residents make disparaging, untrue comments about Kitely more than once on Hypergrid Business. I've never seen the IW grid owners try to dissuade them.

I have criticized Kitely and/or Ilan at times and argued with Ilan both at meetings and on these forums. I've done it because I am completely secure that as long as I don't abuse the privilege, Ilan will allow me to vent or express my opinions and still treat me as an adult. I am very thankful for a grid that allows me the freedom to disagree without fear of losing my virtual home.

I am a member of IW, but spend almost no time there. Partly because I can't stay logged on for more than a few minutes without being bounced off. Partly because I liked the direction Kitely was and is taking and the way it treated it's residents.
This all did not surprise me one bit. As I have seen [and been a victim] in some of the hypergridbusiness assaults by the occasional inwz resident who drops in for a few comments and then goes back to burying their heads in the sand, and as I have seen, and commented sometimes, in other blogs and such with them....this is all expected, and typical.

My personal take on it all, and coming from having participated there in the land rental aspects of it for around 2 years, is that the continuous strife associated with several things, from promises not kept or taking way longer than ppl thought they would to happen, from more land available to rent than ppl who wish to rent them, to more malls and clubs than there are ppl to use them, and for a long time....from ppl who come in with high hopes, spend time and efforts, and then leave when they see the reality of things there...I think it lends to a kind of morose fog laying over those who have spent time there, and they are trying to reach out and if often appears as attacks, but is really them seeing their dreams pass.

It is always those who have spent some time in that grid who lash out too...and thus, only a few dozen or so.

I think it is very sad. Sad to see ppl's dreams not come about, sad they cannot see they can be more free, sad they only have such limited abilities in that grid and are slaves to their inventories since they cannot even export or even import their oars.

Software always improves, or it goes away. Sadly, the inwz business model is outdated, and becoming more so as time and software innovations move on.

As well, their customer service, as seen in this snippet thread, and as some of us know all too well, is just not there.

Their marketing strategy appears to be one of "even negative publicity is good publicity" more often than anything positive.

They often discuss in their forums how terrible sl is, and then turn around and say how much better inwz is to all other grids, often saying there is, as touched on here in this thread, content is not protected, or os is laggy and full of bugs, when in fact the inwz mantis is so full of bug reports it would make your poor old grandmother turn in her grave.

And not ever, not once, have I ever read anywhere, any of the grid owners or paid employees actually be real and honest and upfront about the problems there...it is like they do not exist, that if they do not speak of them, they are not real...which, to my thinking, is vastly disingenuous and not especially transparent.

Rather than say, "hey, we know there are issues, and hey, this is one of our valued residents, whom we may not agree with all they say, we support their right to say it..." in other words, be real...you know?

It is a negative business model overall, and as such, with all the other issues, will not last.

But, overall, I think it is just sad that some there simply cannot see how restricted they are, and can't find a way to get out and enjoy the Metaverse as it is, because it is dam cool, and getting so much cooler-)))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyContent Creater
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I hear you Minethere. I don't have it out for IW and I was never (at least not yet) banned from there. There are some very nice, talented people who are residents, staff and even founders at IW. But during my short time owning an island there, I did see a pattern of cliquishness and an aversion to almost any sort of criticism. I also felt there was an almost patriarchal (ironic considering everyone knows Elenia is in charge) attitude there. If they weren't rolling out things that other grids were, it was always because they were "protecting" their residents. I haven't needed protecting since I was a very small girl, thank you very much.

I have to shake my head when people question your ire at IW. Anyone who's been in opensim and especially IW for any amount of time is living in a virtual bubble (or doesn't read much) if they don't have at least an inkling of why you might be just a tiny bit irritable with them. For all practical purposes I left IW and made Kitely my home long before anything went down with you and IW. In fact it was before Sunbeam and Duderz were unfairly banned and that's a story that's even been written in real life publications. I don't know as much about your ousting, but it seems to me Sunbean and Duderz should have received a very public apology a long time ago.

Apparently the old saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" either isn't well known or believed by the people who question you. I can tell you this. If I felt someone had treated me as unfairly, I'd be a lot less kind. I'd be playing wac-a-mole with somebody's virtual parts.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 2):
Lovin VirtualworldzConstance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Marstol Nitely wrote:I hear you Minethere. I don't have it out for IW and I was never (at least not yet) banned from there. There are some very nice, talented people who are residents, staff and even founders at IW. But during my short time owning an island there, I did see a pattern of cliquishness and an aversion to almost any sort of criticism. I also felt there was an almost patriarchal (ironic considering everyone knows Elenia is in charge) attitude there. If they weren't rolling out things that other grids were, it was always because they were "protecting" their residents. I haven't needed protecting since I was a very small girl, thank you very much.

I have to shake my head when people question your ire at IW. Anyone who's been in opensim and especially IW for any amount of time is living in a virtual bubble (or doesn't read much) if they don't have at least an inkling of why you might be just a tiny bit irritable with them. For all practical purposes I left IW and made Kitely my home long before anything went down with you and IW. In fact it was before Sunbeam and Duderz were unfairly banned and that's a story that's even been written in real life publications. I don't know as much about your ousting, but it seems to me Sunbean and Duderz should have received a very public apology a long time ago.

Apparently the old saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" either isn't well known or believed by the people who question you. I can tell you this. If I felt someone had treated me as unfairly, I'd be a lot less kind. I'd be playing wac-a-mole with somebody's virtual parts.
oh, for sure there are some wonderful ppl there...some have liked to say and think simply because I do not like their grid i also do not like all the ppl there, which is a bit insane, really.

Fortunately, my core friends left when i did and the ones left have commercial interests...some are in many grids and i talk to them a bit still.

I did blog my own experience which is easily googled, i dont wish to put it in these forums tho.

Sun and dudez issue is what resulted in my own....i hated the injustice and i hated how so many didnt care at all...it led to my own spiral down there...the really crazy thing is that they still do not care how badly me and others have been treated there, and have done nothing to fix what caused it all, and actually even approve it, while trying to say me and others are just into drama...it's all a bunch of nonsense and i am happy to be away from them...truly

i was less kind for a while, time has healed this all and the metaverse is so cool i see no reason to dwell on it much...mostly nowadays if something happens within my sight i simply comment on the inaccuracies, deal with the trolls, and amuse myself a bit-)))

but ty Marstol..sweet of you to say....btw, I just told Sunbeam of this...lol
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyContent Creater

Ephemeral wanderer...
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Not a problem Minethere. I think you, Sunbeam, Duderz and the IW founders might be surprised to find there are a lot more people out there aware of your stories and supportive of you than you know. They (like me) just don't have a lot of reason to speak out about it until provoked.
Constance Peregrine

Marstol Nitely wrote:Not a problem Minethere. I think you, Sunbeam, Duderz and the IW founders might be surprised to find there are a lot more people out there aware of your stories and supportive of you than you know. They (like me) just don't have a lot of reason to speak out about it until provoked.
I actually think there are-)) But I don't push the whole thing much anymore. I actually think I only posted my own blog on the issues once or maybe twice someplace.

Mostly others find it somehow...it was never about that anyways. The blog was done months after the incidents and is simply a placeholder for various things to be in one place.

But, it is nice to hear ppl do have an understanding of it...and are supportive-)) And I do know most ppl watch and read for the most part, nothing wrong with that at all-)) hugsss
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Marstol Nitely

Ephemeral wanderer...
Lovin Virtualworldz

Post by Lovin Virtualworldz »

JIm Tarber said "Why do you feel the need to go to every place in the metaverse that mentions InWorldz and post such continuous disparaging and misleading remarks about that grid? "

It seems to me that you Jim are the one who feels the need to 'defend' InWorst through out the Metaverse and pop up all over the place. The unfair banning and allowed bullying and cliquish groups and Queen 'Drama' Bee calling the shots and flaming the fires and not listening to reason and flying off the handle and changing TOS after the facts might the reason InWorst finds itself in so many 'disparaging' posts. IMHO
These users thanked the author Lovin Virtualworldz for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyContent CreaterConstance Peregrine