Helpful Events in the Welcome Center?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Ghaelen DLareh

Helpful Events in the Welcome Center?

Post by Ghaelen DLareh »

During today's meeting people were talking about "greeting" newcomers who come into the Welcome Center. I'm not much good at Greeting, since I am usually doing several things at once and can't sit still nor answer the same question several times. But I would spend time in the Welcome Center and talk to people if I could play some music and have a gathering while I was there. Since I wouldn't have to 'pay' for people to be there, I wouldn't worry about how many came or how long they stayed. It would be free and my way of helping/attracting new people while doing something I enjoy.

I don't consider myself a DJ, because I migrated over with the Myst/Uru fan group and the Devokan storytellers. One of the storylines I've been working with is the "Guild of Healers" and its "restoration." In the online game and in Second Life I used shoutcast for a music/meditation/journey type of gathering. I'm terrible at promotion - so the number of people is always pretty small. But I guess I'm pretty good at helping people relax and feeling welcome - using voice and music anyway. The Welcome Center is really pretty, and it would be a lovely place to hold this type of gathering. Not to mention there is a lot of seating available.

There was a suggestion at the meeting to start a forum thread in regard to this type of use for the Welcome Center. I think there is a question about having rights in regard to music and maybe rezzing.

Thoughts? Ideas? Pro's? Con's?
These users thanked the author Ghaelen DLareh for the post:
Carlos Loff
A Curative Poison (a metaverse story)

De Landria Rising Market

The De Landria Project