Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
User avatar
Ozwell Wayfarer
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 am
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 863 times

Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Hey folks. We have quite a wide selection of merchants listing on the Kitely Market now and I think it would be great to do a merchants fair or expo similar to some of the fairs that go on in SL. A collaborative sim that runs for a limited time. Two weeks to a month.

This isn't just a way to get your products seen and purchased by others, but also a way to engage with customers, network with other creators and maybe/hopefully spark some further collaboration. We could run some competitions or a hunt style event alongside. Maybe some special offers, limited items or exclusives.

I would guesstimate the event being sometime in late September/early October as that is when people start to re-engage after the summer lull.

I would be prepared to foot the bill for a single dedicated sim for two months. One for planing and prep and one for the event and also do most of the coordination. All merchants would be welcome to have at least a stand or stall, with the overall design of the sim split up between the larger landscaping designers who choose to be involved. This stage could begin as soon as I have some others on-board.

My general idea is a main expo building in the center (I can build that over summer) where most of the smaller stands and stalls would be located, with exits leading to various different outdoor landscaped areas, with a medium sized area set aside either indoor or outdoor for gatherings and small events.

So if there are any merchants who would like to be involved, please get in touch. If there is sufficient interest, we can arrange a meeting to discuss the idea(s) further.
Last edited by Ozwell Wayfarer on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 9):
Graham MillsAlexina ProctorIlan TochnerPixellada ComSelby EvansDot MatrixSuzanne SteamweaverDanko WhitfieldSerene Jewell
Graham Mills
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm
Has thanked: 614 times
Been thanked: 764 times

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Graham Mills » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Happy to participate, possibly as part of an educator's village? Also happy to have Micrographia as a venue in a hunt or game.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerSuzanne Steamweaver
User avatar
Selby Evans
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 1449 times
Been thanked: 651 times

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Selby Evans » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:Hey folks. We have quite a wide selection of merchants listing on the Kitely Market now and I think it would be great to do a merchants fair or expo similar to some of the fairs that go on in SL. A collaborative sim that runs for a limited time. Two weeks to a month.

This isn't just a way to get your products seen and purchased by others, but also a way to engage with customers, network with other creators and maybe/hopefully spark some further collaboration. We could run some competitions or a hunt style event alongside.

I would guesstimate the event being sometime in late September/early October as that is when people start to re-engage after the summer lull.

I would be prepared to foot the bill for a single dedicated sim for two months. One for planing and prep and one for the event and also do most of the coordination. All merchants would be welcome to have at least a stand or stall, with the overall design of the sim split up between the larger landscaping designers who choose to be involved. This stage could begin as soon as I have some others on-board.


Carlos Loff https://plus.google.com/109765039046518 ... JaaBPwLYbh
has a big world (Virtual Lisbon) -- 4x4 i think, and might be interested in hosting this event. I believe it can take 80 Avs at once.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerSuzanne Steamweaver
User avatar
Selby Evans
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 1449 times
Been thanked: 651 times

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Selby Evans » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Keep me informed -- I will be interested in reporting on this in my blog.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerCarlos Loff
User avatar
Ozwell Wayfarer
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 am
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 863 times

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Graham Mills wrote:Happy to participate, possibly as part of an educator's village?.
It would be great to involve as many aspects of the Kitely community involved as possible, but I dont want to bite off too much in one go. If you would be prepared to be in charge of that and provide a program/something to do there then it sounds like a great idea. I am all for any event/education sims being able to advertise too and/or have a presence.
Selby Evans wrote: Carlos Loff has a big world (Virtual Lisbon) -- 4x4 i think, and might be interested in hosting this event. I believe it can take 80 Avs at once.
I think it would be best to keep it to a fresh and "neutral ground" area. Though I appreciate the suggestion. Plus I think one sim done well should be enough for the fist fair (I imagine). The idea is to give everyone a fair and equal exposure so far as possible, so hosting it at an established place would defeat the purpose a little.
Graham Mills
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm
Has thanked: 614 times
Been thanked: 764 times

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Graham Mills » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Hmm, on reflection you may be right. Unless there's a viable number of educators/contractors (say 5-6?), then it's probably not worth doing anything special in that quarter.
Ozwell Wayfarer wrote: It would be great to involve as many aspects of the Kitely community involved as possible, but I dont want to bite off too much in one go. If you would be prepared to be in charge of that and provide a program/something to do there then it sounds like a great idea. I am all for any event/education sims being able to advertise too and/or have a presence.
User avatar
Ozwell Wayfarer
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 am
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 863 times

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:49 pm

I am not against the idea at all, but yes I would say you need at least 3-4 people/organizations to be interested in doing something. I know what is needed for a merchants fair, but adding education into the mix is a whole other kettle of fish. One I have no real experience or connections with.

But if someone in that area (or any others) has some good ideas they think they can implement, the door is wide open.
User avatar
Carlos Loff
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:58 pm
Location: Between Lisbon - Portugal and London - UK
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 176 times
Contact:

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Carlos Loff » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Selby Evans wrote:
Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:Hey folks. We have quite a wide selection of merchants listing on the Kitely Market now and I think it would be great to do a merchants fair or expo similar to some of the fairs that go on in SL. A collaborative sim that runs for a limited time. Two weeks to a month.

This isn't just a way to get your products seen and purchased by others, but also a way to engage with customers, network with other creators and maybe/hopefully spark some further collaboration. We could run some competitions or a hunt style event alongside.

I would guesstimate the event being sometime in late September/early October as that is when people start to re-engage after the summer lull.

I would be prepared to foot the bill for a single dedicated sim for two months. One for planing and prep and one for the event and also do most of the coordination. All merchants would be welcome to have at least a stand or stall, with the overall design of the sim split up between the larger landscaping designers who choose to be involved. This stage could begin as soon as I have some others on-board.


Carlos Loff https://plus.google.com/109765039046518 ... JaaBPwLYbh
has a big world (Virtual Lisbon) -- 4x4 i think, and might be interested in hosting this event. I believe it can take 80 Avs at once.
Hello, I was going to point that out exactly, if you have enough patience to wait until July 21st, it will be my pleasure to offer a huge area, yet inside Lisbon city context, for that fair

And since soon Virtual Lisbon will be Fixed Price - Advanced World it will offer best performance for prims and Avatar numbers, with no visitors fee stresses

I plan to turn Lisbon into Advanced World at the end of June, so the event area can start being tuned 20 days before the eventual grand opening - Merchants Fair, along with Lisbon Opening on July 21st
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post:
Selby Evans
Join Kitely Group ---> Loff Virtual Worlds
Join Me on Facebook ---> https://www.facebook.com/groups/loffvirtualcities/
Join Google+ ---> OpenSim Virtual Worlds ---> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 2072972054
User avatar
Ozwell Wayfarer
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:32 am
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 863 times

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Carlos Loff wrote: to offer a huge area, yet inside Lisbon city context, for that fair
Your offer is very kind Carlos, but as I mentioned earlier I think its best to keep it to a newly established, temporary sim. There are a number of reasons I think this is best but the main being that nobody takes precedent. I want to be very careful to give everyone fair and equal exposure.

Being a merchant myself, its probably an impossible tightrope act. But My idea is to create a fairly neutral, modern expo center to house some stalls for smaller merchants, then a small area of my own landscaping. The rest will be left open to others who choose to be part of the fair. Within those areas can be other stalls for smaller merchants too. Basically I will try to do only the things that nobody else wants to do :)

Anyway, I am going to be sending some emails/messages to see who I can get on board initially, then I will have some sort of more coherent plan.

Thanks again Carlos, I dont mean to be ungracious.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
User avatar
Carlos Loff
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:58 pm
Location: Between Lisbon - Portugal and London - UK
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 176 times
Contact:

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Carlos Loff » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:
Carlos Loff wrote: to offer a huge area, yet inside Lisbon city context, for that fair
Your offer is very kind Carlos, but as I mentioned earlier I think its best to keep it to a newly established, temporary sim. There are a number of reasons I think this is best but the main being that nobody takes precedent. I want to be very careful to give everyone fair and equal exposure.

Being a merchant myself, its probably an impossible tightrope act. But My idea is to create a fairly neutral, modern expo center to house some stalls for smaller merchants, then a small area of my own landscaping. The rest will be left open to others who choose to be part of the fair. Within those areas can be other stalls for smaller merchants too. Basically I will try to do only the things that nobody else wants to do :)

Anyway, I am going to be sending some emails/messages to see who I can get on board initially, then I will have some sort of more coherent plan.

Thanks again Carlos, I dont mean to be ungracious.
No stress at all, I fully understand your reasons and it all makes a lot of sense

Cheers and if I can help in any other way please send help requests and I will try to see where I can assist

Im an RL Photography teacher and love to make Inworld original captions so maybe I can help covering the event that way

cheers
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post (total 4):
Selby EvansOzwell WayfarerGraham MillsDot Matrix
Join Kitely Group ---> Loff Virtual Worlds
Join Me on Facebook ---> https://www.facebook.com/groups/loffvirtualcities/
Join Google+ ---> OpenSim Virtual Worlds ---> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 2072972054
Post Reply