Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Ilan Tochner

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It can be if we specifically permit it, which in this case we are :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 5):
Ozwell WayfarerPixellada ComSelby EvansCarlos LoffAlexina Proctor
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Great! :D Thanks Ilan.

In other news, the general layout for the central area is now finished, at least at a "first draft" stage. But I want to keep screenshots/pics to a minimum ;) because that just keeps everything more exciting, doesn't it?

I have now invited the "main landscapers" to come and do their bit. I am also slowly starting to dish out invitations, based primarily on number and size of objects available in your store. Those selling non-rezzable items will be invited at a later point.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSerene JewellAlexina Proctor
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

Sounds so mysterious and exciting, Oz. Now that I have a store with a single product in it, I am a merchant, so count me in!

And I'll obviously help spread the word on the G+ groups and twitters and such as the date gets closer. Thanks for making this happen.
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerAlexina Proctor
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Serene Jewell wrote:Sounds so mysterious and exciting, Oz. Now that I have a store with a single product in it, I am a merchant, so count me in!

And I'll obviously help spread the word on the G+ groups and twitters and such as the date gets closer. Thanks for making this happen.
Remind everyone that WIP shows are a good place to promote the fair. Not only to the people who come, but also to the people who see the pictures we post.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Ozwell Wayfarer

I do plan in bringing a few of the things I have put together for the fair to the WIP show closer to the time, and also post a few screenshots and do some promo stuff. But I think surprises are good too :)

I really meant to get to the community meeting this last Sunday, but as I am on holiday right now my brain sort of skipped over the fact that it was Sunday, even as I watched all the people log on and thought something like "oooh, busy today". :oops: lol. oh well. This sunday for sure!

I have been mulling over larger events that it might be possible to hold, besides any offers/events merchants want to do by themselves.

*One idea I like is a "best dressed avi" competition - the snag being the avi must be made with components found on the Kitely Market.

*Also there will be a hunt event at some point across the 4 sims being used. But I cant really plan that until a later stage.

*Perhaps there could also be some evenings/days when creators are available to talk a bit more about their creations, how they got into creating, etc. sort of like the hypergrid WIP show.

Any other ideas are more than welcome.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerRoswenthe BlackwellSelby EvansAlexina Proctor
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

I would be glad to offer my huge Lisbon Bridge RL Replica so it could be used as part of the landscape, I can offer the landscape builders a copy with perms so they can arrange it as they please on the landscape

It is an accurate replica of RL with many detailed features and access to upwards roads and downwards trains track, but too big for exhibits stalls or parcels because it may stretch along a whole region or a bit more

Just let me know when you want it all fined tuned up, it is almost done and in few days will be visitable at my world

It is very iconic and great for surroundings and also a good showcase of how Kitely large lands possibilities allow big buildings, I think

Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Ozwell Wayfarer

That might be a little on the large side. The entire exhibition is 4 sims.

There is an area for large builds, but a whole region is pretty big. I suppose it could be used somehow in an off-sim context, but for the bridge to actually go somewhere, if its 1 region in length, in a four region setup, that will be a logistical nightmare.

One of the few build rules I have imposed in the notecards I have been sending to merchants/creators is that very large builds need to be cleared beforehand for this reason. I suppose it could be used as an entry to the fair, but then one end would essentially lead off sim to nowhere. But with a little tunnel at the end leading into a mountain or something, that could look quite nice.
Gavin Hird
Has thanked: 0

Post by Gavin Hird »

I'd be interested to set up a small exhibition area for the XMIR store.
These users thanked the author Gavin Hird for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:That might be a little on the large side. The entire exhibition is 4 sims.

There is an area for large builds, but a whole region is pretty big. I suppose it could be used somehow in an off-sim context, but for the bridge to actually go somewhere, if its 1 region in length, in a four region setup, that will be a logistical nightmare.

One of the few build rules I have imposed in the notecards I have been sending to merchants/creators is that very large builds need to be cleared beforehand for this reason. I suppose it could be used as an entry to the fair, but then one end would essentially lead off sim to nowhere. But with a little tunnel at the end leading into a mountain or something, that could look quite nice.
My idea is not to make it just another build of the fair, is to have it on the border of one of the SIMs, it is very long but is just about 30 meters wide so even if it does not go off-sim, because it can be walked upon and used as a High lookout, it would not interfere much

Im making it all mesh so it will be about 10 prims or 12, easy to grab and move around

You can see it here, being setup, but you have to fly away from arrivals area and look for it
>>> [url]grid.kitely.com:8002:LISBOA DIGITAL - VIRTUAL LISBON[/url]
Last edited by Carlos Loff on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

That may be a good idea for some expo however the design of fair areas exposes the merchants' stalls as most visible and main part of the area.

The more events the better. Maybe someone will think about some expo where such builds will be more appropriate.

Maybe there can be some "tourist" corner where visitors can get landmarks to some interesting places like Virtual Lisbon.
Last edited by Pixellada Com on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Pixellada Com for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansOzwell Wayfarer
Harbour City - come, see, stay.