Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Carlos Loff

Re: Time for a Kitely Merchant Fair

Post by Carlos Loff »

Pixellada Com wrote:That may be a good idea for some expo however the design of fair areas expose the merchants' stalls as most visible and main part of the area.

The more events the better. Maybe someone will think about some expo where such builds will be more appropriate.
So Kitely Merchants Fair, on a platform that allows people to have huge lands and builds, will only be about - Small stuff ???

I don´t want to go in the middle of exhibits, as I said, just trying to lend some cool surrounds on the end of the borders

Ok, the bridge is here, very low prim and easy to handle and stick to a border with no interference, so in case of interest just let me know, I won't insist, cheers
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

Every fair keeps some balance. Anyway organizers already answered so no need for discussion. There are some solutions that should satisfy all. Please focus on that part of my post.
These users thanked the author Pixellada Com for the post:
Carlos Loff
Harbour City - come, see, stay.
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Carlos Loff wrote:
So Kitely Merchants Fair, on a platform that allows people to have huge lands and builds, will only be about - Small stuff ???
Not necessarily. But its simply a question of practicality. It will be about what is available (for free or paid) in the Kitely Market right now. If you go to the Kitely Market and look under structures, we are not exactly overstocked on seriously huge buildings and structural objects.

I agree Kitely allows huge builds, but the fact of the matter is that most of the structures currently on offer are fairly small to medium sized structures.

Plus, while the response rate has been terrific so far, we are not going to be able to get everyone on board. I have been trying to contact Amiryu Hosoi with no success, for example. She has some of the largest builds on the market right now. So it is entirely possible that some of the large structures that are available will not be present.

So the problem really is context and functionality. If we just have a great big bridge leading to nothing, it doesn't make sense. Where should the train lines go? etc. Do you have any other builds of similar scale, that might justify making an island to show your builds? Then we have a reason for the bridge.

As I said, I don't rule it out and thank you for the offer Carlos. All I am saying is huge builds like this need special consideration precisely because they are so huge. I cant 100% promise space for them. The fact that it is an awkward shape (long and narrow) makes it even trickier.

I hope that clarifies my position. My concern from your description and pics is that its just too massive. I am going to drop in later and take a look in-world myself.
Last edited by Ozwell Wayfarer on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ozwell Wayfarer

Pixellada Com wrote:Maybe there can be some "tourist" corner where visitors can get landmarks to some interesting places like Virtual Lisbon.
As we will hopefully be getting guests from all over the hypergrid, I think that is a great idea.

If people would like to put their word(s) forward for that, I could create an area if there is sufficient interest (lets say a minimum of 8-10 submissions). Please send via PM with a link to the world and what you would be prepared to do (just a "stand" with some images/text and a TP gate, or a small area representing your worlds, etc.)
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:
Carlos Loff wrote:
Not necessarily. But its simply a question of practicality. It will be about what is available (for free or paid) in the Kitely Market right now. If you go to the Kitely Market and look under structures, we are not exactly overstocked on seriously huge buildings and structural objects.

I agree Kitely allows huge builds, but the fact of the matter is that most of the structures currently on offer are fairly small to medium sized structures.

Plus, while the response rate has been terrific so far, we are not going to be able to get everyone on board. I have been trying to contact Amiryu Hosoi with no success, for example. She has some of the largest builds on the market right now. So it is entirely possible that some of the large structures that are available will not be present.

So the problem really is context and functionality. If we just have a great big bridge leading to nothing, it doesn't make sense. Where should the train lines go? etc. Do you have any other builds of similar scale, that might justify making an island to show your builds? Then we have a reason for the bridge.

As I said, I don't rule it out and thank you for the offer Carlos. All I am saying is huge builds like this need special consideration precisely because they are so huge. I cant 100% promise space for them. The fact that it is an awkward shape (long and narrow) makes it even trickier.

I hope that clarifies my position. My concern from your description and pics is that its just too massive. I am going to drop in later and take a look in-world myself.

Oki doki, I understand your concerns, I just want to say if somehow someone finds a logic integration it is available

I have a beautiful tower planed and it is an Iconic build of Lisbon, it was present at SLB6 or SLB7 but I lost many parts and will rebuild it, but can´t promise it will be up and running timely for the fair, it´s very original, it can be accessed to inside and it takes only about 30X50 footprint

I also had a Lisbon typical tram but Import from SL lost some third party purchased stuff so again will need to build and tune much more

Was just trying to use what I had, no stress, I will be here if somehow there is use for the bridge, cheers
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Ozwell Wayfarer

That is much more realistic I think. :D

If you have some updates or something you would like me to check out, could you send me your further ideas via PM please? I would prefer to try and keep the thread to announcements and news rather than practical logistics.
Last edited by Ozwell Wayfarer on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

I am looking forward to the fair. :) If there is anything I can help (for example the corner for tourists) let me know please. I wouldn't like just to tell what can be done without offering help. ;)
These users thanked the author Pixellada Com for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Harbour City - come, see, stay.
Ozwell Wayfarer

Thanks Pix :). As I mentioned earlier, its still early days. But rest assured I will be contacting everyone who has offered to do something (and many more who have not ;) ) in due course.

The important thing for EVERYONE who wants to take part is to consider the time they have available between now and mid September. If you want to be involved BUT your time is restricted (holidays, etc), please, please, please let me know ASAP and I can do my best to work around that and make sure you are included.

To re-iterate, the rough schedule I am working to is:

Now - End of July - Main Landscapers/Large area designers

Aug - Smaller stand/stall/kiosk setup

Aug - Mid Sept - Event setup and fine tuning

...It wont be that straight forward, but I can dream :)
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixAlexina ProctorGhaelen DLareh
Ozwell Wayfarer

Hey folks. Just a little update. Not a great one.

The last few weeks I had a pretty bad accident (hit by a bicycle) which has lost me most of the use of one arm. Its not serious, just a minor break but very awkward and not a little painful. Some of you may have noticed I have not been online or released anything for a while - this is why.

In light of this I have had to be away from the PC for a while and have to remain so a little longer. So I am pushing the fair back a little.

I want to be very clear - This is NOT a cancellation. But I have to revise the date. Realistically I would say it will now be sometime in October. I will naturally keep this thread updated as things develop.

Sorry for the idiot who decided I looked like a cycle path and thank you for your continued support!
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post:
Carlos Loff
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:Hey folks. Just a little update. Not a great one.

The last few weeks I had a pretty bad accident (hit by a bicycle) which has lost me most of the use of one arm. Its not serious, just a minor break but very awkward and not a little painful. Some of you may have noticed I have not been online or released anything for a while - this is why.

In light of this I have had to be away from the PC for a while and have to remain so a little longer. So I am pushing the fair back a little.

I want to be very clear - This is NOT a cancellation. But I have to revise the date. Realistically I would say it will now be sometime in October. I will naturally keep this thread updated as things develop.

Sorry for the idiot who decided I looked like a cycle path and thank you for your continued support!
Sorry to hear this and best wishes for a swift recovery. I'm a very minor player in this but no rush from my perspective.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer