Event Posts

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Carlos Loff

Re: Event Posts

Post by Carlos Loff »

I belueve this has more to do with platforms, people are always trying to spread the word about tueir events but Google+ and Groups are taking the lead

Yet, I agree with you, I check the Forum everyday
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post:
Shandon Loring
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I don't consider Kitely forums--or any forums-- a useful choice for promoting events unless they are strongly related to Kitely or the relevant grid. If your are on the Hypergrid, you want to promote to the Hypergrid. You can do that in G+ communities, Facebook, and other social media sites. Furthermore, if you want Opensim to grow audience, you need to promote to people who are not yet on Opensim. You can reach some of those on metaverse-related social media.

I do consider the Kitely Calendar to be a useful tool for promotion, because it is readily available on the web, is easily displayed in Kitely, and provides one-stop shopping for events in Kitely.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerShandon Loring
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

As anyone who is reading this is probably aware, Seanchai is all over the place... Forum, Calendar, Google+, etc etc... and we're trying to step up our outreach to various different HG Grids... but still, a fair amount of the traffic that we DO get, is often people, Kitely or HG, that accidentally dropped by during a session and say "Wow! I didn't know you guys were doing this!"

Be it pizza, cars, or hairstyles... I generally try to avoid saying "the way they do it over there".... however, this is a pretty neat little thing that InWorldz does.
Upcoming Events are listed right on the login screen even before the user logs inworld...
In this picture below you can see the current upcoming events in the upper right corner...
I wonder if it is possible to do something like this in Kitely, perhaps tied to the Calendar like Selby is saying.
IW Open Screen.jpg
(that noon time event sounds pretty good!)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shandon,

Adding an official events system is already on our (long) todo list. :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Shandon Loring
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Oh I am very certain you guys have HUGE to do list, us residents can be so demanding!
And Seanchai is very grateful for all you do, and for being so supportive.

Thank you Ilan and Oren!
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

oh, and along these lines... if anyone has a minute, we'd love for you to take our quick Survey...

SEANCHAI LIBRARY WANTS TO KNOW, how to find people just like YOU!
Have you ever attended a Seanchai event in Kitely, or Second Life, or Inworldz, or one of our branches on other grids? Even if it has been just once or twice, we'd like your help.

We invite you to take this quick Survey (less than 5 minutes) to help us assess how and where intelligent, literate, fun-loving, outstanding people just like you might find their way to Seanchai Library.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCJNNQ2

Many Thanks!
~ Slainte'
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Constance Peregrine