What New World would you fancy ???

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Carlos Loff

What New World would you fancy ???

Post by Carlos Loff »

Hello folks

Im so stubborn about land continuity that in spite of only trusting Kitely for long term projects, I had to move Digital Lisbon to another Grid, there I can have 9 Var Regions (4X4 each) clustered on a total of 12X12 = 144 Regions equivalent, having only minor sim cross issues

Kitely folks will always have priority on anything they want to develop in Lisbon because it will be very face-forward to Hypergrid usage, Selby Evans gave Me the first significant push and I hope to allow him to develop many great educational features wherever Lisbon is on the Hypergrid

But my trust and love with Kitely has not suffered a single scratch, I have now the personal freedom to develop a whole new world on my actual advanced 16 Regs world, with no more visitors/users fees or stress

So my post is about Kitely folks preferences

I have a pretty good idea of the kind of worlds I like to develop but I would love to hear from all Kitely folks what do they miss most in Kitely ?

Thinking about an advanced 16 Regs world everyone can use, what do you miss, need, wish, love, the most and is still not in Kitely ???

Thank you in advance
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post:
Selby Evans
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Selby Evans

Re: What New World would you fancy ???

Post by Selby Evans »

I will be interested in reporting on the 12x12 area -- amounts to a continent I should think. And, since you are doing a virtual city, good reason to need that much space in one piece. Be sure to get oars of everything.

I wonder if you have a lot of people coming in from Lisbon. Perhaps you will have people learning English as a second language.

I expect you will want me to move my posters over there--I can do that via HG.
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

I do think that now the pricing has decreased, it would be great to see worlds even bigger than 16 regions made available. I am sure many who were paying 99 bucks for 16 regions would do so again if the number went up to 32. Though I am not sure how technically viable it is under Kitelys advanced megaregion system.
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Selby Evans wrote:I will be interested in reporting on the 12x12 area -- amounts to a continent I should think. And, since you are doing a virtual city, good reason to need that much space in one piece. Be sure to get oars of everything.

I wonder if you have a lot of people coming in from Lisbon. Perhaps you will have people learning English as a second language.

I expect you will want me to move my posters over there--I can do that via HG.
Hi Selby, yes, it is my big passion experience and I will put all my soul in it, I know I have been much undecided but such a long term project needs some careful planing

I count on you to add the posters and I just need 2 weeks to get main things moved, I believe the new grid is quite permissive to Hypergriders not rezz, I just don´t know how permissive is Kitely to allow you to rezz outside, but there is always a way, in the worse case scenario you can sell me the posters via Kitely Market on export mode and I will arrange them all myself, also I want the resource centre to be bigger and more diverse

My main concern right now is exactly what you advised me, making sure all is exportable and backed up in OARs, no other grid offers Kitely trusty stability
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:I do think that now the pricing has decreased, it would be great to see worlds even bigger than 16 regions made available. I am sure many who were paying 99 bucks for 16 regions would do so again if the number went up to 32. Though I am not sure how technically viable it is under Kitelys advanced megaregion system.
I tried to challenge Ilan several times and he explained me exactly why is difficult to have more than a 16 World

What I will don with Lisbon is gathering 9 Varegions of 4X4 each

I have seen them working quite well on some grids, there is a bit of sim crossing issues when you reach a Varegion border and get into the next, but right now there is no other way to have what I will have a 12X12

I tried and actually owned a 7X7 but those are not well in performance, but things must evolve that way because Land becomes cheaper and people dream big
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Carlos -- I expect that I can put the posters in my suitcase, HG over there, and place them, assuming I am in the group that has rezz rights. If not, I can come over there and give them to you to rezz. I need a landmark. I think you will want the use the similar procedure to get the landmarks to Kitely: take a landmark, put it in your suitcase, HG to Kitely, send LMs to whoever you want (they should not have to be online at the time).
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Selby Evans wrote:Carlos -- I expect that I can put the posters in my suitcase, HG over there, and place them, assuming I am in the group that has rezz rights. If not, I can come over there and give them to you to rezz. I need a landmark. I think you will want the use the similar procedure to get the landmarks to Kitely: take a landmark, put it in your suitcase, HG to Kitely, send LMs to whoever you want (they should not have to be online at the time).
Yes, that is a good idea

My new grid Lisbon will open around July 15th and than I will be able to save and send a Landmark

Most Portuguese speak fluent English, specially below 50 years old but the city will have at least the tittles and signs in both languages

I would really like you to think about what else could be done around your main goals towards education - Even if I have to do some build or organize some event, you helped a lot and I want to help back and any idea you have will also make Lisbon a better place, so we all win

cheers