Linda Kellie

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Danko Whitfield

Linda Kellie

Post by Danko Whitfield »

Linda Kellie Henson has announced she is leaving virtual worlds for good. In the Content section of the Kitely Forums there is a thread about where to download her creations. This thread is to say Thank You to Linda. Many people on Kitely and other grids owe Linda a debt of gratitude, politics aside. I wrote a tribute to Linda on one of my blogs but I'm not looking to promote the blog here, so I'm not putting a link to it. But here is an excerpt from it, my way of saying thanks...

I met and chatted with Linda a few times during the short life of Aurorascape grid, in February and March of this year. She was kind and helpful to me. I'm aware of the situations she encountered on certain grids though I did not seek the details as I felt it was really none of my business.

All I know is, Linda spent a lot of time creating a lot of great things and then made them easy to find and gave them away free, no strings attached. That is admirable.

I'm sorry to hear Linda is going through difficult times. I hope the changes she is making will bring her peace of mind.

Her work will be around a long time. I hope everyone will make their best effort to keep her name attached to her creations. She will be remembered as a pioneer of OpenSim.
These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post (total 4):
Constance PeregrineAlice LibertyLeighton MarjoramMykyl Nordwind
Ada Radius

Re: Linda Kellie

Post by Ada Radius »

What Danko said.
And I am appalled to hear that so few people donated at her site. I have, modestly, and again today, and I assumed others were doing the same. Especially the government and educational sites with budgets, who took what she had and posted that because so much stuff is free, they didn't need to hire graphics designers. Yikes. A little money doesn't compensate for her pain at being unable to cope with forum flame wars, but it's a sincere way of saying Thank You, and meaning it.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 4):
Constance PeregrineAlice LibertyMykyl Nordwindbonny john
Tear Drop
Has thanked: 0

Re: Linda Kellie

Post by Tear Drop »

Danko Whitfield wrote:Linda Kellie Henson has announced she is leaving virtual worlds for good. In the Content section of the Kitely Forums there is a thread about where to download her creations. This thread is to say Thank You to Linda. Many people on Kitely and other grids owe Linda a debt of gratitude, politics aside. I wrote a tribute to Linda on one of my blogs but I'm not looking to promote the blog here, so I'm not putting a link to it. But here is an excerpt from it, my way of saying thanks...

I met and chatted with Linda a few times during the short life of Aurorascape grid, in February and March of this year. She was kind and helpful to me. I'm aware of the situations she encountered on certain grids though I did not seek the details as I felt it was really none of my business.

All I know is, Linda spent a lot of time creating a lot of great things and then made them easy to find and gave them away free, no strings attached. That is admirable.

I'm sorry to hear Linda is going through difficult times. I hope the changes she is making will bring her peace of mind.

Her work will be around a long time. I hope everyone will make their best effort to keep her name attached to her creations. She will be remembered as a pioneer of OpenSim.
She was a very nice person who did wonderful things to help other's , hope she return's one day.
These users thanked the author Tear Drop for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyConstance Peregrine