Help with stuck animation when I go to my region

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Genavieve Page

Help with stuck animation when I go to my region

Post by Genavieve Page »

Hello I ma fairly new to Kitely and developing my dream here.. for some reason I may have rezzed something or did something that has triggered this but I have a drinking animation stuck on my avatar I have gone through my whole inventory and scripts and animations nothing is on within my inventory. I have used stop animating my avatar and revoke permission a 100 times. it only happens on my own region not anywhere else. I have this drinking animation that opens my mouth and tips downs drink lolololol and cant get it to stop. any help would be fabulous or suggestions. I have also chn=anged and checked im not wearing anything no drinks in my hands and no animations I can see are active on me or should be thanks so much
Genavieve.
Serene Jewell

Re: Help with stuck animation when I go to my region

Post by Serene Jewell »

Heavens! I have never heard of this. I'm sure someone will be along with a helpful suggestion soon.

Are you wearing any objects that could have the script in it? Could be anything. Maybe change into a completely different avatar, relog, and see if it goes away. There are some avatars at the Kitely Welcome Center. You could grab one of those to change completely.
Jenny Evensong
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jenny Evensong »

Could you try using Area Search on your land with nothing in the search boxes, and cast your eye down the resulting list to see if there's anything that might be causing this? Then you could right-click the object in the list, and select and delete it using the context menu.
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Serene Jewell wrote:Heavens! I have never heard of this. I'm sure someone will be along with a helpful suggestion soon.

Are you wearing any objects that could have the script in it? Could be anything. Maybe change into a completely different avatar, relog, and see if it goes away. There are some avatars at the Kitely Welcome Center. You could grab one of those to change completely.

No I double and triple checked and also changed my whole avatar tow two different ones so not wearing anything that has any animations or huds. I tped to other regions and it stops then go home and its back I also did an area search for scripts and so far have not found anything containing a drink script
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Jenny Evensong wrote:Could you try using Area Search on your land with nothing in the search boxes, and cast your eye down the resulting list to see if there's anything that might be causing this? Then you could right-click the object in the list, and select and delete it using the context menu.
yes have been trying this and trying different names that might contain a script animation so far ive not found any drinking scripts but still trying to do more area searches in caseit under a different name. just have no idea . its crazy. ive also changed avatars and it still happens but only on my region no were else thank you so much for you reply though I will keep searching just driving me crazy. its been like this for 4 days now
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did this start happening all of a sudden. IF you want we can restore your world to a previously stored world state backup to see if it solves this issue (if it does than your world currently contains some script that is causing this).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Genavieve Page
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Serene Jewell wrote:Heavens! I have never heard of this. I'm sure someone will be along with a helpful suggestion soon.

AHHHH think I may have fix it fingers crossed. it was weird one I had rezzed a few coffee cups with steam they looked nice but after I went around and deleted all of them the animation seems to have stopped.. I have no idea how it was causing me to be animated lol but must have been a bad script or bug. thank you for your help. I just needed to think what had drinks animation in any objects I had rezzed thanks again
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Jenny Evensong wrote:Could you try using Area Search on your land with nothing in the search boxes, and cast your eye down the resulting list to see if there's anything that might be causing this? Then you could right-click the object in the list, and select and delete it using the context menu.
thanks Jenny I did that just had to think what I had rezzed I did so much work this last week I had forgot I rezzed a few coffee cps with steam they looked nice but must have triggered the animation without me realizing it. I deleted them from area search and the animation seems to have stopped thanks again for your help
Serene Jewell
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Did this start happening all of a sudden. IF you want we can restore your world to a previously stored world state backup to see if it solves this issue (if it does than your world currently contains some script that is causing this).
thank you for your help Ilan. I think I may have fixed it hoping..... I finally found some cups rezzed when I deleted them it stopped the drinking animation.. it was strange I dont remember accepting animate my avatar but must have at some point. All cups are gone now and will see if my avatar behaves when I next log in.. thank you for your quick reply to my help message as well and have a lovely day
thanks again
Genavieve
Serene Jewell
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

thank you all for your help. was so nice it was the first time I posted here and really your help was so fast I should have done this 4 days ago instead of pulling out my hair what was causing this issue. learned some things I never knew and had been in SL for years lolol I am learning so much here in Kitely and loving it.
much apreciation
Genavieve
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixSerene Jewell