Not sure where to post this, but----

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Freda Frostbite

Not sure where to post this, but----

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Hex and I have been offline for several days do to power outrages and lost wifi after off-shore hurricanes and tropical storms near us. This morning the sun is out so I am hoping the forecast is wrong in saying we have more storms headed our way today. I am at Starbucks this morning, using the wifi and hoping the wifi at our house is back on when I return. In the midst of the storms, our family grew by three. We have taken in a very elderly dog as well as two homeless parakeets. The dog is a terrier/lab mutt blend and about 15 years old. She has horrible arthritis, cataracts and is obviously deaf to most sounds. She is a lovely, well-behaved animal who deserves better than to end her life in the shelter. Mike is building the dog a ramp so she can get on and off furniture without being lifted, which causes her pain. She and the budgies were surrendered to the shelter where I volunteer. We are now a family of 8 (which includes 3 humans). Expect even more background noise from my end when I use voice inworld.

I am cancelling the one event I have scheduled for today, but hope to be able to get inworld for the community meeting later.

Freda
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineDon SmithGenavieve Page
Dot Matrix

Re: Not sure where to post this, but----

Post by Dot Matrix »

Oh my, Freda! :o

Do look after yourself and your rapidly growing family -- and good for you for offering homes to the newcomers.

Wishing you all the best...
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansDon Smith
Graham Mills

Re: Not sure where to post this, but----

Post by Graham Mills »

Yes, best wishes to all Floridians and those wherever this horrendous weather strikes next.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Don Smith