Time out when Idle

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Genavieve Page

Time out when Idle

Post by Genavieve Page »

Hello just wondering if there might be an increase at any stage to the time out when idle of a few hours, then get logged out, not really sure where to ask this question. but if any one has any info on this would be great. Thanks so much
Genavieve
Ilan Tochner

Re: Time out when Idle

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Genavieve,

Kitely automatically logs you out of your own world after 2 hours of inactivity and you are logged out of other people's worlds after 1 hour of inactivity.

Those times have been defined to enable people to walk away from their computer for other activities for a reasonable amount of time without being logged out while still disconnecting people who are just parking their avatar inside some world. Kitely offers a lot of server resources to worlds that are active and does so for a low cost. The way we can afford to do so is by only keeping worlds active when they are actually being used. Increasing the inactivity timeouts would mean we wouldn't be able to afford providing you with the current amount of server resources without increasing our prices.

Most people who we've asked said they preferred paying our current prices more than they wanted us to increase the timeout settings. Do you have a different preference?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Genavieve Page
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Thank you for your info Ilan, no that is all understandable, and it does make it affordable for me to have the size region I have here so I am very happy and wold not want an increase of fees.. so it makes perfect sense to save resources as you have explained to keep our costs low.
thank you again. Your feedback is always very much appreciated

kind regards Genavieve
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Genavieve, it's a good question I'm sure many people would like to know the answer for.