Event Poster

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Shandon Loring

Event Poster

Post by Shandon Loring »

Hi All,
Trying a new idea...
Seanchai Library is starting a three-part Christmas story tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

We have sent out a Notice to the Kitely Community Group that includes an attached object.
The object is an Event Poster that can be copied and rezzed anywhere. When clicked it will give a Notecard about the story session and a Landmark to get there.
The Poster is pre-set to self-delete after the last story session. So once rezzed it can stay in place through December 22nd.

IF anyone would like to place a poster or two (or more!) anywhere that interested Guests might see them that would be super awesome!

These three story sessions will be presented simultaneously at Christmas Island here in Kitely, and at the Seanchai Library in Inworldz, and at the Seanchai Library in Second Life.

Thanks to Kurtis Anatine's script wizardy, all three grids will be able to chat with and respond to each other during the performance in Local Text Chat.
Yet another 'bridging of the grid divide'!
Hopefully helping to promote awareness of Kitely in other grids - such as SL! So of course, the more people we have attend in Kitely the gooder! :-)

(There is also a copy of the Event Poster available on Christmas Island and at The Seanchai Library if you want to pick up a copy.)
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerConstance PeregrineSelby Evans
Dot Matrix

Re: Event Poster

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thanks, Shandon. I was able to get the poster from the Kitely Community group notice, and have put up copies in Relto and at the landing spot in Intersections (the latter gets quite a few HG visitors).
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Shandon LoringSelby Evans
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Yay! thank you!
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

And I put a poster at the Hobo Sandbox on Cookie II and at the welcome point there and on Creative Collaborators.
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Thanks guys! Your support is so very much appreciated... it just seemed like a good experiment to try out.
We will report back here on attendance notes if anyone is interested.

We are anxious to use the 3-way intergrid chat device. We've been using a two grid one now successfully for quite a number of shows. But my 'power PC' was too unstable to do multiple grids for very long. BUT.. ah ha!! It is all fixed now (knock on wood) and should be able to do 3, 4, 10 grids simultaneously... lol.. not that i'd want to, i can only keep an eye on so many venues at once!

Anywho... thank you all... this looks to be interesting and fun.
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

JOULUTARINA poster2.jpg
thanks to everyone who helped, we had a pretty darn good turnout for the show last Thursday! yay!

There are two more sessions..
THIS Thursday the 8th..
and
Final session on Thursday the 22nd.

So if you can keep the posters up that is great!
And if anyone needs more Event Posters please let us know!

thanks everyone... and... MERRY CHRISTMAS!
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Selby Evans