New Inworld Content App for High Fidelity

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Mike Lorrey

New Inworld Content App for High Fidelity

Post by Mike Lorrey »

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2017/03/finger ... edale.html

"High Fidelity users have already figured out how to import objects created in the Tilt Brush VR-based drawing platform into the social VR world, even how to import avatar-wearable costumes from Tilt Brush to HiFi, and now they've gone to the next level: FingerPaint, a Tilt Brush-like app for creating objects in VR while within High Fidelity.

"It was scripted mostly by [a developer named] Control Alt David, I believe, and was something requested by Philip himself," High Fidelity's Caitlyn Meeks tells me. "It's super fun and cool because it lets you spontaneously draw and express yourself in 3D space with your friends. It's also great for marking up and making notes in-world."

You can get it for free from the HiFi content store here, and you'll notice it has a "No Rights Reserved" Creative Commons license:

"We made it totally open source, our hope is that folks will modify it and share their derived creations," explains Caitlyn. Hoping to get some sample FingerPainted-objects to add to this post soon!"

I like building inworld as much as everybody else. This is a great development that we should be able to use in Kitely's Hi-Fi worlds when they become available.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerArton TripsaOzwell Wayfarer