Inability to reach regions

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Elbereth Elentari 2

Re: Inability to reach regions

Post by Elbereth Elentari 2 »

It seems the problem reaching regions in Kitely has only stared occuring in the last few days/weeks(?). Sol just added this to the thread on the Opensim Virtual G+ page:

'I get the message "could not retrieve target grid information". Teleport does not start at all. This has been the case with all Kitley regions, with the exception of the Kitley start region. The grid sends its information, so the teleport does not start. Friends from other grids have also tested it. The result is the same.'

I don't think she has avatars registered on other grids, so there would be no way to check that possibility. Although I have entered Lisianthus on my GCG-av without issues.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Other than your reports we haven't encountered this issue. It would be interesting to know what OpenSim version the grid(s) she tried this on are using.

Please ask her to try teleporting to Universal Campus: grid.kitely.com:8002:Universal Campus
Elbereth Elentari 2

Seems the problems are the individual worlds and not any welcome center, etc. Also, they were all reachable some time ago, but no longer.

Sol last posted: "Like I said. The Welcome Center is not a problem, other regions are not available. I have an Arriba Grid, Simulator and PHP Grid Server, but for 2 years, not only recently and recently I have Transgenia and History HUB controlled. It was in full function. Now no more."
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did she verify that she can access other worlds that are listed on our Explore Worlds page? https://www.kitely.com/search (other than the Kitely Welcome Center which is always on)
Elbereth Elentari 2

No, she didn't, Ilan. Sorry.
Elbereth Elentari 2

Spike Sol entered Lisianthus this afternoon while I was there. She experienced no problems... but then, the world was already up.
Just thought you might like to know, Ilan.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Elbereth,

Please ask her to try to enter the Universal Campus I sent you the link for. It isn't an always-on world but it starts up faster than Lisianthus so seeing whether she has issues entering it could be helpful in providing us with insight about the nature of the problem she is encountering.
Elbereth Elentari 2

I'll send her the link again, Ilan.

Her last G+ post didn't bring any breakthroughs:

Spike Sol
I'm really sorry, but the error message is triggered again from Kitley. Not only for Lisianthus, but also for History HUB and Transgenia. I have the 10th April noted, the error occurs until then continue, I can unfortunately do nothing else. Unfortunately, I can not make a teleporter for a region that I can only reach with trick.