Why?!?!?!

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Egor Pobedin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why?!?!?!

Post by Egor Pobedin »

I trying to create an world that hosts on more players. But they want me to pay for my real money!!! WHY?!?!?!?! WHY YOU MADE IT?!?!?! CAN'T YOU JUST MAKE WORLD THAT ALLOWS UP TO MORE AVATARS THAT DON'T NEED MONEY!!! WHY YOU CAN'T MAKE IT?!?!?!?! :( :( :( :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ilan Tochner

Re: Why?!?!?!

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Egor,

Kitely charges people real money for its services because it dedicates a lot of server resources to each user's active world and that costs Kitely real money in data center charges. In addition, the people who've built and operate Kitely, and those that provide you customer support, need to be able to bring a paycheck home.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 10):
Keith SelmesBarnard SmithShandon LoringOzwell WayfarerBrayla SanaSelby EvansGenavieve PageChris NamasteCurt HalberdClara-Rose Pond
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

Because computers, programmers, and high bandwidth internet connections, are not free. It's that simple.

I pay for my sims because I am to busy and/or lazy to host my own Opensim. You can host Opensim on your own hardware and your own internet for free, though. That's the thing - Opensim has always been free to download and use, but i do not understand how people assume because the software is opensource that all sim hosting should be free. Nope, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I can be a bit snarky because I am only a customer. :D
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansGenavieve PageChris NamasteCurt Halberd
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

The support I have have since my time here on KItely has been the best I have had since knowing and being a part of the virtual opens sim world.... People who look after and continue to keep costs much lower that SL should be congratulated for their hard work an dedication NOT told with angry faces and Caps WHY they cannot have it all for free... As Ilan Tochner said those that created and take care of as well as updating our Kitely world.. including those that host their other grids need to take home a paycheck as this is their business that gives you a virtual space to create on.. servers cost money ,time, electricity so I just wanted to say thank you to those that work hard behind everything and continue to give 24/7 support
Genavieve Page supporter of Kitely virtual world
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post (total 6):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteSelby EvansCurt HalberdClara-Rose PondBrayla Sana