Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Joe Jr
Has thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Joe Jr »

Gaga Gracious wrote:Hello All

I was probably one of the first to review Kitely on my blog and I think I gave a balanced account, if a little harsh at the time.
http://metaverse-traveller.blogspot.co. ... -deep.html
Kitely was still a largely unknown quantity back then. However, I am first to admit that Ilan and Oren have been true to their word and have strived hard to deliver on their promises and, moreover, contributed back to Opensim core a lot of very helpful code. Well done Kitely!

For my part I have been around role playing in chat rooms since the year 2000. I joined Second Life in 2005 first time but found it all a bit confusing and almost gave up. I returned in 2006 and made the effort to really understand the viewer and what I could do but I know a lot of people loose interest at this time and fail to see the point of virtual worlds. Anyway, I kept at it and eventually opened as many as five regions dedicated to the Barbary coast pirates which included trading, slaves and historical sailing, not to mention plenty of swashbuckling sword action. In recent times I closed some sims in SL to be left with just two while, at the same time, opening regions at OSgrid and a private standalone mini grid. I enjoy building. scripting and making things, especially themed clothes. I enjoy themes such as 1001 Arabian Nights, Belly dance and Steampunk. I also like Sci-fi themes too.

In the meantime I continue to work on my existing sims both in the open Metaverse and Second Life. I also try to keep up blogging at http://metaverse-traveller.blogspot.co.uk. Recently I also opened a Google+ community group "Opensim Virtual" at https://plus.google.com/communities/116 ... 2234467612 so I could help promote the idea of a Hypergrid connected Metaverse of both none-profit and commercial grids.

Eventually, I hope to build in Kitely too.

Hi Gaga do you need a captain for your ships ? :lol: or perhaps a pirate :roll:
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Sara Seurat wrote:Hello everyone! I'm Sara Seurat. I was in SL for the last 5 or 6 years, but somehow I never learned to build until recently. I discovered InWorldz about the same time I discovered Kitely. I don't come into Kitely too much because frankly, I can never seem to get any viewer to work. When I do get in, though, I like to practice my building. I can't believe I get a whole region for free! There must be some catch ... 8-)
Welcome Sara-)) glad to see you here and I expect you will find it much better than inwz...sl too I suppose..lol

Enjoy freedom... remember you can save all you do in the form of an OAR file to your computer-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Hello, All,

I have been exploring in virtual worlds since 2007, learning as I go. I must have been to at least a dozen grids plus ones you can just hyperjump to; amazing how many of them are gone already. I came to Kitely in 2011 and really like the growth and changes I have seen here. :D

At the moment I just have my first region but plan to expand soon:

http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ada ... alm-Adagio

One question I have not seen an answer to is how to find groups in Kitely. So far I have found a few by opening the profiles of creators of various items and checking out the groups they belong to. Is there some simpler way?

Adagio Greenwood
These users thanked the author Adagio Greenwood for the post:
Danko Whitfield
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Adagio :-)

We just implemented people search (will be rolled out in a few days) and we'll implement group search in a future release.
Bladyblue Bommerang

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

Hello All;

I started Second Life in 2005 and was a greeter and a mentor there for many years. I dabbled successfully in a few social business in SL. I had a fully staffed around the clock night club with live DJs for 6 years, I had a submissive restaurant where diners ate sushi off of human platters and I had a business where I taught people to become virtual DJs and hostesses. My stores had all of the club DJ and hostess supplies my students needed (I hosted re-sale vendors and was paid a percentage of each sale).

But my one favorite endeavor was my three-sim role play world. It was very expensive in SL to maintain without charging the players fees to live on the sims. I bought my roleplay to Kitely because I can maintain my Out of Character region at $40 for unlimited visits so people can explore free-of-charge and then get 10 more islands for only $20 to create a very expansive role play realm.

I plan on setting up another world just to teach DJing and club-related skills in Kitely (because I think its needed for our new residents that have no experience in virtual worlds), but for now I am concentrating on getting Rygeon up and running.

These users thanked the author Bladyblue Bommerang for the post (total 3):
Ozwell WayfarerGaga GraciousDanko Whitfield
Adagio Greenwood

Ilan, that is great news; I can't wait!

Bladyblue, it would be great to have those events here (well, not sure how I would do as a human platter, short attention span, ya know, but still.......). I learned how to use SAM in SL years ago (2009); you might even have been my teacher!

Adagio
Bladyblue Bommerang

Adagio Greenwood wrote:I learned how to use SAM in SL years ago (2009); you might even have been my teacher!

Adagio
If you went here

And you were taught by Lias Leandros - then that was me!
Adagio Greenwood

YES! And a great teacher you were/are too! I loved the little spaces you had set up so we could test our streams; I even rented a stream for a couple of months and had great fun with it, lol, the thought that some soul in China just might be tuning it to listen to my music..........

Adagio
Bladyblue Bommerang

Adagio Greenwood wrote: I loved the little spaces you had set up so we could test our stream
With an entire island at my disposal, I have great ideas to expand upon that concept. Should be fun.
Ander Freejack
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ander Freejack »

Hell Everyone.
Just found Kitely 4 days ago, amazed at the possibilities here, read about it for a few days and then jumped in and started playing around with 16 sims, lol not sure what I'm going to do with it yet still trying to figure out all the scripting and building differences from SL, love the NPC functions!

Started SL in 2007, I love to build and script, I like helping people with building question when ever I can. Main interest are Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Gothic, airships, and trains. Taking a break for content creating for a while and trying to learn how to build a RP game. One of the ideas I'm trying to work in to my game is that it's all so an in character destination guide, to games and interesting places out side of my game.
These users thanked the author Ander Freejack for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang