Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Constance Peregrine

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Constance Peregrine »

ok...stop it!! you got me seriously blushing...seriously-)))
Last edited by Constance Peregrine on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey Clocktower,

welcome to the club! I myself am a bit new here also but I think I will stay.
Been involved in Virtual worlds from 2006.

Ami
These users thanked the author Amiryu Hosoi for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineMarstol Nitely
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Jean Swashbuckler

Post by Jean Swashbuckler »

It's fascinating to read the Introduction posts. Many creatives and early adopters. A lot of us from SL which I expected and a lot of us from other worlds which is even better.

My better half, TexasKat76 Broome, and I signed into SL in the early Fall '07. We initially rented a growing number of parcels in Anshe Chung's sims then made the plunge and purchased a full and homestead. When LL introduced Nautilus City we loved the Atlantis theme and the Blake Sea area. At one point we were the largest landholders in Nautilus City. We were early community organizers in Nautilus City and worked with Blondin Linden to grow the community. We had great mentors who helped out from Bay City and folks in the United States Sailing community (USS). We organized the first two Nautilus City celebration events over a 3-day weekend. Concerts, rides, parades, the works to show off Nautilus City and introduce guests to all the different areas and "Mole" builds. We all know the history of what happened when LL's management changed so no need to repeat the impact of poor board of directors execution.

We left Nautilus City and moved our two sims into the USS shortly before the LL management changes. We were never sailors, loved to powerboat, but had a number of close friends in the USS and loved the community. We refurbished large yachts by gutting the inside and rebuilding with new textures and furnishings. These were rental yachts - different than a house :). Hate to think how much we purchased from Hippo lol. We also carried over our monthly concerts which we started in Nautilus City. Cutting Edge Concerts is a rock tribute group we loved to host. In NCity, we had a stage setup at the corner of 4 sims. We did the same in our sims in the USS. The stage was set so that people could cam in from the adjoining 3 full sims - all 4 sims were full sims. We never maxed out but we had large numbers attend the two concerts each month. If you have never seen a Cutting Edge show, check out their 4 minute trailer from the Blues Brothers trailer that took place on our stage http://aviewtv.com/videos/4528/Official ... x-Congrejo

Long story short, we ended up letting our 6 sims go about 18 months ago. Would have loved to have known about OAR back then, or even if OAR was possible back then. We've been renting a homestead from a dear friend and mentor in the USS since that time. Sadly, she passed on to her next adventure which started us re-thinking and here I am and TexasKat will be soon enough.

All this to say, our worlds have revolved around purchasing awesome content and builders tools. Kat is a pretty good builder but we furnish our places with content created by content creators. I really like Kitely's business model, Ilan's replies and helpfulness at all hours, the Kitely Market, and all of you discussing things in a collegial manner in the forums. We'll help in anyway we can. Would really would like to see more and more content creators add their content in the Kitely Market and we'll try and do our part to help the existing merchants already there.
These users thanked the author Jean Swashbuckler for the post (total 6):
Constance PeregrineDot MatrixIlan TochnerGraham MillsMarstol NitelyDanko Whitfield
Constance Peregrine

Welcome Jean & Kat-))

eta: you might join this g+ community also, if you wish.

https://plus.google.com/b/1139049545838 ... 042?cfem=1

Ephemeral wanderer...
Elijah Starfish

Post by Elijah Starfish »

Greetings,

I am kind of new. I've been working on my region about a month now. Was on SL some years ago and am happy there is a viable alternative here.

I like to put things together although I haven't quite learned all the ins and outs of building and scripts (been trying to figure out how to unbag a script tonight :) so I may be calling for help here once in a while.

Have seen a couple public worlds and was impressed. My best to all you pioneers and hope to see you around!

Aloha!

Eli Starfish
These users thanked the author Elijah Starfish for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerJean SwashbucklerDot MatrixMarstol Nitely
Constance Peregrine

Welcome Eli-))
Elijah Starfish

Ephemeral wanderer...
Boo Rojyo

Post by Boo Rojyo »

Hi everyone,

Almost seems a bit late to introduce my self even though I only arrived a couple of months ago.

I'm a veteran from SL, joined back in 2006. I've also tinkered in various Opensims worlds, (OSgrid, Inworldz, NewWorld, to name a few)

I have hosted my own regions before, however the Kitely offering really takes the hassle away, and is seriously good value.

Kitely seemed a bit quiet at first, a lot of regions and sparsely populated, but the forums reveal a strong community spirit.

The only person on Kitely I knew before is Minethere, and she's a seriously strong asset to any world:)

I like to build and get asorbed for hours. I've set myself a winter project to build my 4 sim region 'Booland'. Drop by and look, and copy what you like. I leave most stuff free to copy unless it took a lot of effort:)

I play with scripts without having much knowledge. It's a dangerous past time but rewarding when stuff works.

See you around.

Boo
These users thanked the author Boo Rojyo for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerElijah StarfishJean SwashbucklerMarstol Nitely
Constance Peregrine

Welcome Boo-))

but I would never think of myself as "a seriously strong asset to any world" [as I know better] but I accept the compliment as intended-))
Boo Rojyo

Ephemeral wanderer...
Jean Swashbuckler

Post by Jean Swashbuckler »

And Boo rocks are customer service :)
These users thanked the author Jean Swashbuckler for the post:
Boo Rojyo
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Great to see so many people joining and yes, I also love to read the stories people all bring to us. I think we need a nice place with a big bonfire and every friday night or so get together and tell our stories and exchange experience. Once I start building the regions I will def create such a place;-)

Ami
These users thanked the author Amiryu Hosoi for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineMarstol NitelyBoo Rojyo
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982