Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Ada Radius »

Welcome Tuna!
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Tuna Oddfellow 2
Jerralyn Franzic

Post by Jerralyn Franzic »

Hi... I'm here from Second Life and OSgrid. Yes, I have a OSgrid account and I'm here because it's down at the moment. I have visited a few Kitely grids since I first arrived in Open Sim last December, so I'm not totally new here.

I like it thus far, so I may end up using this more than my OSgrid account.

The only issue I'm having right now is that I can't find a sandbox that'll let me rez boxes so I can put on some different clothes + sport a more modern avatar*. My current forum photo was taken via my OSgrid account; I'll replace it as soon as I get my Kitely look together.

IRL I am a dude who works in IT.

*Nothing against the system avis, but anyway... :)
These users thanked the author Jerralyn Franzic for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGraham Mills
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Jerralyn,

You can use the Kitely Merchants Sandbox: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Il ... ts-Sandbox (press the Enter World button on that page to teleport to this world)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Jerralyn Franzic
Veritas McMaster

Post by Veritas McMaster »

Hellooooo Kitely People!

I am Veri (pronounced "very"). My RL best friend since age 16 brought me to Kitely 4 years ago and to SL, where I stayed until recently. I joined under what is now my host AV, Cheeky Host. I could not get that login to work when I came back so I made this account. I had mostly a great four years in SL, made many wonderful friends (many of whom are joining us in Kitely), built a clinic with RL brain doctors, and a friends group to get away from what I called "mean girl" culture in SL (admittedly sexist and wrong since those issues are not gender specific but the term works to convey my meaning). Other friends had been trying to get me to look at Open Sims for over a year. A rampaging ex was my impetus for getting out of SL and in to what I am finding to be a much better fit for me at Kitely.

We were fortunate to find great hosts who gave us places to live and much more in Greenland (Desmond Lane) and Caribou (Jeanne & Angelic). The initial shock of starting over with basic AV (SL spoiled us with top grade products) was daunting for me and most of my friends; quickly replaced by awe with so much being free, having prim to play with, and what seems to be a more refined, intelligent, very talented community of people.

I've been trying to get networked in Kitely by going to the Community Meetings on Sunday, Blender Class with Mike & Kayaker, attending as many events as I can, and exploring. I welcome new friends.

Veri's Vagaries group has been started here - everyone is welcome. We have a Facebook page where anyone can post events and ads. The links are on my profile - same with SL.

I am trying to understand the bigger picture of hypergrids/open sims, resolve some ethical questions, and move forward making furniture, houses, equipment and animations with my eye firmly on what is happening with the metaverse where I am looking for my niche.

Thanks to Ilan and all of you Kitely people who have built this world and made us welcome. We are always looking for ways to give back.

Love to all ♥
These users thanked the author Veritas McMaster for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsJerralyn Franzic
Veritas McMaster

Jerralyn Franzic wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:29 pm
Hi... I'm here from Second Life and OSgrid. Yes, I have a OSgrid account and I'm here because it's down at the moment. I have visited a few Kitely grids since I first arrived in Open Sim last December, so I'm not totally new here.

I like it thus far, so I may end up using this more than my OSgrid account.

The only issue I'm having right now is that I can't find a sandbox that'll let me rez boxes so I can put on some different clothes + sport a more modern avatar*. My current forum photo was taken via my OSgrid account; I'll replace it as soon as I get my Kitely look together.

IRL I am a dude who works in IT.

*Nothing against the system avis, but anyway... :)
Jerralyn - Find me or Cheeky Host in Kitely and we can help. I made a welcome package for my friends because getting an AV in shape was priority one. We made a skybox with some harder to find items like adult furniture with out pose balls, adult parts, wet and strippable clothes, we found some trans items but are looking for more, etc., so incomers did not have to go to many places some times waiting for the sim owner to get on. Also have file with LMs for where to find other things most want like dances. All free, of course. If you get in the Caribou group, you can use Cheeky's beach as your home base, rez there, and get networked. :)
These users thanked the author Veritas McMaster for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerJerralyn Franzic
Jerralyn Franzic

Post by Jerralyn Franzic »

Jerralyn - Find me or Cheeky Host in Kitely and we can help. I made a welcome package for my friends because getting an AV in shape was priority one. We made a skybox with some harder to find items like adult furniture with out pose balls, adult parts, wet and strippable clothes, we found some trans items but are looking for more, etc., so incomers did not have to go to many places some times waiting for the sim owner to get on. Also have file with LMs for where to find other things most want like dances. All free, of course. If you get in the Caribou group, you can use Cheeky's beach as your home base, rez there, and get networked. :)
Thanks for the offer! As far as shaping and dressing my avatar, I have plenty of experience already from SL. It's great of you to offer a welcome package for people who absolutely have no clue in creating and maintaining avatars. :) I'm looking at a few sims now, but maybe Cheeky's beach would be great as a home base for rezzing my Kitely self. (At the moment I've mostly rezzed stuff in Frantonelli's sandbox.)

OTOH... I think I'll check out the welcome package should I decide to join the Caribou group.

Again, thanks a bunch. :D
Veritas McMaster

Jerralyn, I wasn't very clear. The AV help was on finding things, not shape, etc. Most of us found the transition from SL, where we were spoiled with looks and products, daunting so I tried to make it easier so everyone didn't have to go 6 places just for basics. The welcome package is from my group, Veri's Vagaries, but don't need to be in to get it. Caribou is one of the two places me and my friends from SL have been given free land. You could get some too. Cheeky's beach is a gathering place there that anyone can use, rez, etc. but since it is on Caribou, have to be in that group to rez. Greenland, Desmond Lane, has also provided housing for me and my friends and anyone can rez there. If you want me to drop you a package, friend me and I'll do so. Have fun!
These users thanked the author Veritas McMaster for the post:
Jerralyn Franzic
jasm charl
Has thanked: 0

Post by jasm charl »

Hi all
I am new here and excited to be a part of this community:) Slick platform, great community

Glad to be here.
These users thanked the author jasm charl for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixKimm StarrGregg LegendaryGraham Mills
Veritas McMaster

Welcome jasm. You're just in time for www.opensimfest.com , July 8-24. There are at least two of us using our exhibits to pay tribute and give back to Kitely and the great folk here. The theme is the Chemistry of Community.
These users thanked the author Veritas McMaster for the post:
Ilan Tochner
jasm charl
Has thanked: 0

Post by jasm charl »

Veritas McMaster wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:11 am
Welcome jasm. You're just in time for www.opensimfest.com , July 8-24. There are at least two of us using our exhibits to pay tribute and give back to Kitely and the great folk here. The theme is the Chemistry of Community.
Thanks Veritas:)