Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Isis Ophelia

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Isis Ophelia »

While having a coffee break before I continue listing my products at the Market, I will sipp my coffee and introduce myself, to this community where I came 3 days ago. I'm totally impressed about the high quality of the support and how everything has been developed. It is a very cool concept. Oren and Ilan have created an awesome world.

My real name is also Isis. I am latina born in El Salvador in Central America. Coincidences brought me to Germany (I bumbed into my husband while in vacation) where I am living since many years. In March 2006 I joined SL and left end of 2008 for a break of 2 years. I'm widowed now and living as single with lot of time. In January 2011 I looked for an alternative to SL and found the opensim grids. And since then I have been creating, building or just spending times being lazy doing nothing at all, besides chit chatting with friends. Virtually I use the name Isis Ophelia in all worlds.

I am not complaining, those days in SL were good. I learned a lot, worked hard and made good money. But now I prefer to spend my time in opensims than to have stressy days working hard in SL to earn the money to pay the monthly tiers for the sims.

I have stores in 5 grids, now in Kitely. No, not because it would be a good business. I make around 50% of my land costs with the sales. But because I enjoy trying new things, opening new stores gives me new ideas and makes me improve my products. And I meet many nice persons. From my mde experiences sofar, people in opensims are relaxer, no griefers and no drama kings or queens around.

Very pleased to be part of this community and excited about meeting many of you :)
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerConstance PeregrineMarstol Nitely
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Welcome to Kitely Isis :-)
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Isis Ophelia wrote:no drama kings or queens around.

Very pleased to be part of this community and excited about meeting many of you :)
I so agree, except for sl and inworldz [where some sl ppl who could not be anything in sl went to and are now happy being big fish in a small pond] I have found a lot of wonderful people.

The good thing here is Ilan and Oren just don't get into any drama, and as well, are very transparent. Which, to me, is a good thing, even more so than the innovation they do here.

Living in the free opensims as I do, transparency, which is common there, is something we value greatly.

Most commercial grids are into keeping their residents hostage to their inventories, removing transparency wherever they can, and keeping their residents eyes closed as much as they can...not all, but some, especially inworldz.

They wish to keep everything they can get and it causes a lot of issues for many people.

But that's cool. Kitely will show them the way-)) eventually.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Speaking of coffee, I just woke up and realized that I never introduced myself, and I've been in Kitely for nearly a year, I think.

I am Judith Adele iRL, Ada Radius in Kitely, SL (since 2006) and a few other grids, though only active in Kitely right now. After designing for live virtual theater and machinima for the last six years or so, with the occasional shop iSL, I'm starting to get back into virtual shopkeeping. Because Kitely is going to make it easier and less frustrating. I'm mainly a 3D PhotoShop designer - textures, avatar skins and clothing layers, especially men's skins, fantasy and creature skins and avatars, and specialty avatars for virtual theater. Also a voiceover actor and singer for virtual theater, on hiatus this year. Mainly a designer, now.

I'm the founder of New Media Arts, Inc., a nonprofit tax exempt arts organization, and co-founded its two main projects: Avatar Repertory Theater (www.avatarrepertorytheater.org) - live Talk virtual theater iSL and occasionally other grids, and Antique Pattern Library (www.antiquepatternlibrary.org) which publishes pdf versions of crafts and design books that are in the public domain, for free, for anyone to use.

VERY HAPPY to be here in Kitely, meeting amazing people and having fun. :D
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineIlan TochnerMarstol Nitely
Constance Peregrine

Ada Radius wrote:I'm the founder of New Media Arts, Inc., a nonprofit tax exempt arts organization, and co-founded its two main projects: Avatar Repertory Theater (http://www.avatarrepertorytheater.org) - live Talk virtual theater iSL and occasionally other grids, and Antique Pattern Library (http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org) which publishes pdf versions of crafts and design books that are in the public domain, for free, for anyone to use.
oh, didn't your troupe perform in Metropolis a month or so back?

I am one of the Metropolis actors for "The Change" that is in sl. We haven't performed lately but I expect we will again some fine day.

Not looking to audition, mind you, just adding to this...lol

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Yes, for the Metropolis 5th B-Day I think. Which I missed :( , I think I was in hospital that day, but don't really remember. I'm not performing with them right now because of the medical issues, but I'll probably be back later this year.
heh, always looking for good new voices who can manipulate an avatar well. Here's audition information: http://www.avatarrepertorytheater.org/audition
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

@ Isis - A friend and I were at your IDdesigns last night. Love the shoes. I bought everything I could find a "buy" button on. My friend wants to go back when the pumps are available. So do I!
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

@ Ada - I've been telling people you are the resident expert on the marketplace if they have questions after reading the guides. Hope you don't mind. :)
Constance Peregrine

Ada Radius wrote:Yes, for the Metropolis 5th B-Day I think. Which I missed :( , I think I was in hospital that day, but don't really remember. I'm not performing with them right now because of the medical issues, but I'll probably be back later this year.
heh, always looking for good new voices who can manipulate an avatar well. Here's audition information: http://www.avatarrepertorytheater.org/audition

Yes, that was it then....I was going to "like" this but medical issues is NOT a likable thing....

and no, no way, jose, I am not adding anything more to what I already do online...no way...

Ephemeral wanderer...
Audra Resident
Has thanked: 0

Post by Audra Resident »

Hi everyone!

IIan told me to introduce myself, so here I am. I'm just figuring this Kitely thing out, so please bear with me :)

I'm originally from Second Life (Audra Siemens/Audra Resident) and have been there off and on (fairly regularly, but with a few breaks) since the start of 2008. I've been a dancer, host, manager, DJ, builder, script-er, sculpt-er and mesh creator... If there was something to try, I usually did. Unfortunately, I have the attention span of a 3 year old, which can be a bit of a problem.

<oh look! Shiny!>

Anyways, I was fairly wary of this to begin with, but after some correspondence with Ilan, I have some high hopes for Kitely and I'd like to help it grow and prosper. I hope to someday meet you all! :)
These users thanked the author Audra Resident for the post:
Constance Peregrine