Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Dot Matrix

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Dot Matrix »

Welcome, Alex!

You'll love the space for building here, plus the stability, plus the magic prim numbers...
Alex Skye

Post by Alex Skye »

Thanks Dot! :) I already do!

The thing I'm enjoying most so far is the freedom a slacker prim count regime brings. The SL customer base is so prim count sensitive (and quite rightly so) that it's really a big factor in designing products. With the SL based products I've uploaded to Kitely so far I've been able to make small improvements - subtle stuff like better LOD behaviour or improved physics accuracy - but important things that really ramp up the prim calculation in SL (very often it seems to me without good logic). So while I'm not going crazy - fast running assets are very important to me - it's great not to have to play the "workaround" game with the prim calculation to the same degree!

And the building space... oooh :)
These users thanked the author Alex Skye for the post (total 4):
Dot MatrixChris NamasteJack ShepardMichael Timeless
Trouble Ahead

Hello all :)

Post by Trouble Ahead »

My name in Kitely is " Trouble Ahead" and this name I brought in from my other avatars from SL and InWorldz . Not planning to bring trouble, but exploring the possibilities of Kitely and this wonderful 16 sims world options with no sim borders at all. ( SL name Mini Larsen , IW name Trouble Mooncurser)
In both SL and IW i have been active in building classical ships from the Golden Age of sail ( MTM Shipyard in SL ) and together with Hayaz Avril , scripter, we have been building and scripting ships for sailing battles. Besides that I have interest for historical buildings , especially in Dutch buildings from the Golden Age. ( not a " professional" builder though) .
My plan in Kitely is simply freaking out in landscaping. My worlds name is " Tessin" after a district in Switzerland. In this area u find all kinds of landscapes, from mediterranean coast landscapes to mountainous ones, caves, cliffs, villages, etc etc. I wish to make a nice natural sims group, hopefully interesting to explore for visitors.
There will be enough sea left to sail too, so who knows , we might import some ships, rewrite the scrips and provide visitors the option to sail ( and who knows , we do some sea battles as well. This sounds very ambitious ! First I need lots of time in digging holes and planting trees!

So a friendly hello to the Kitely community, and if u type " Tessin" in search, you can have a look at me digging holes :)

Welcome all.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 9):
Graham MillsIlan TochnerSelby EvansRobert StanleyMin TigerpawDot MatrixLouisAlexandre deLaunayMichael TimelessLucy Brown
Robert Stanley

Re: Introduce Yourself...Part Deux

Post by Robert Stanley »

First, Hello Trouble. :) Welcome to Kitely. I think you will find that this will be a great alternative to other grids and even SL. I have.

Now, I am reintroducing myself to you all. I was here under the name Baz Nadoda a few years back. I kind of dropped out of the virtual landscape awhile ago. I started running my own region on my PC, found I could not connect my other PCs to it, read a few articles and thought to myself "Self, why go through all this mess when I can just get land on Kitely again and let Illan and Oren deal with all that back end stuff. I can do it, but the alternative of being on Kitely has already been a huge plus to me firing up my own set up. So in short.. totally worth it to me. :)

I am rambling, huh? I do that in type form like this, but am quiet and reserved in person. How about a little about me:

Robert A is really my name, but feel free to call me Bob.

Other than that.. I am a middle aged father of 4 with 3 grandkids and another on the way and I am on disability. I am a huge geek. I love working on PCs, constantly upgrading and adding pretty LEDs to mine much to my wife's dismay. :D I love Star Wars, Doctor Who and much more sci-fi but also lots of comedy, cop dramas, etc. I get Geek Fuel and sometimes Loot Crate boxes, so have a small collection of nerdy goodness from them. I told you I was a geek.

On Kitely, I have bought and secured the rights to use some templates that I will be modifying and posting on the marketplace. I am not what you would call a creator. I am pretty slow. I am learning both Panitshop Pro (just got the newest) and also have a monthly subscription for Photoshop, which I am liking more. Armed with those and Filter Forge and the templates, I am hoping to contribute here. I am no artist. But, I am learning. :ugeek:

So, in short (like this was short) This is my fresh start. Past friends.. please feel free to contact me. Future friends.. I look forward to meeting you. And I am happy to be on Kitely.
Last edited by Robert Stanley on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 8):
Ilan TochnerMin TigerpawChris NamasteDot MatrixLouisAlexandre deLaunayGraham MillsMichael TimelessJon Nielsen
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Welcome, Trouble Ahead!

And welcome back, Robert!

:D
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Robert StanleyLouisAlexandre deLaunay
LouisAlexandre deLaunay

Post by LouisAlexandre deLaunay »

welcome Trouble ...I've seen your ships .... hope you more to us !
Michael Timeless

Post by Michael Timeless »

Hi All
I've been lurking off and on for a few years here. Started my venture in virtual worlds back in 2003 with SL and finally saw the light and started leaving in 2016. Experimented with several of the grids and even Simonastick (still have Ruth nightmares but have sought therapy). Kitely is amazing. The people are very friendly and Ilan's Sunday afternoon open house shows his dedication to the user base. I've also been impressed by his more scholarly articles on the Metaverse (keep giving Phil hell).

As for me personally, I'm not much of a scripter, nor a musician, nor an artist like Skye and some of the other folk here who do amazing things with style, imagination and pixels. What I am is a dreamer and computer geek who never grew up. Kitely and my Savannah cat protect me from work, my wife and most of the insanity of the airline industry.

In the meantime I am hopelessly trying to redesign Frank Lloyd Wright's Kaufman house (Better known as Fallingwater). A task every noob attempts and often fails. Once upon a time about a decade ago I saw Cameryn Darkstone's excellent design and I've never been able to let it go, so I keep trying to recreate a better version of it. Four trips to the real Fallingwater, in PA, during it's reconstruction and I'm back to try building it again. If you see an avatar banging his head against one of Heart's pine trees it's probably me.

Take care all.
Mike T
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post (total 7):
Trouble AheadIlan TochnerSue CaxtonChris NamasteRobert StanleySelby EvansGraham Mills
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

Hi Michael, nice to meet you. :)
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Michael Timeless wrote:Hi All
I've been lurking off and on for a few years here. Started my venture in virtual worlds back in 2003 with SL and finally saw the light and started leaving in 2016. Experimented with several of the grids and even Simonastick (still have Ruth nightmares but have sought therapy). Kitely is amazing. The people are very friendly and Ilan's Sunday afternoon open house shows his dedication to the user base. I've also been impressed by his more scholarly articles on the Metaverse (keep giving Phil hell).

As for me personally, I'm not much of a scripter, nor a musician, nor an artist like Skye and some of the other folk here who do amazing things with style, imagination and pixels. What I am is a dreamer and computer geek who never grew up. Kitely and my Savannah cat protect me from work, my wife and most of the insanity of the airline industry.

In the meantime I am hopelessly trying to redesign Frank Lloyd Wright's Kaufman house (Better known as Fallingwater). A task every noob attempts and often fails. Once upon a time about a decade ago I saw Cameryn Darkstone's excellent design and I've never been able to let it go, so I keep trying to recreate a better version of it. Four trips to the real Fallingwater, in PA, during it's reconstruction and I'm back to try building it again. If you see an avatar banging his head against one of Heart's pine trees it's probably me.

Take care all.
Mike T
There may be a version of Falling Water at Seanchai Library on Kitely Grid:
https://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com ... em-of.html
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteMichael Timeless
Lucy Brown

Post by Lucy Brown »

Hi everyone, I have been here for three weeks now, I have been in and out of SL since 2007, I own Snurly island, looking for Kitely friends, it seems so hard to actually find anybody in Kitely! everywhere seems deserted, any tips on popular hang outs would be appreciated.
These users thanked the author Lucy Brown for the post (total 2):
Michael TimelessRobert Stanley