Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Constance Peregrine

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Fascinating-)) & Welcome to Kitely Mykyl-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
gene arkright
Has thanked: 0

Post by gene arkright »

Howdy U'al
I stumbled upon Kitely looking for cheaper land as a six year SL veteran and Still active in sl. Also the last 2 years off and on with osgrid and inworldz. I have a 1024 x 1024 homestead of land at SeaPrior Plaza OSgrid for 9 months now. I have readied a lot of blogs and this forum about Kitely. I come to the conclusion that in my opinion Kitely grid seem to have a lot of potential, Right now !!! to me it seem like the new colonialism of the old virtual worlds. And Ilan Tochner seem to me to be our Explorer, Leader and Inventor of new ways of doing old things in the virtual world, and who seem to care about his people (us customers). Who will bring us to a Open Metaverse virtual world Internet threw the means of the Hypergrid and cloud hosting. Maybe some day we will have two Internets, one that we have now at president and one that is a Open Metaverse virtual world Internet in a cloud.
Anyway! I consider myself a virtual world geek lol :lol: I do build stuff, but I don't like to be call a creator because I am not God.
Let me explain; lets say I make table 4 legs and a flat top (5 prims) did I create that Hell No!!,Tho, somebody invented that and call it a table a long time ago but they did not create it they invented it, So!!! I go head and make a 3D table from a 2D photo or a 2D blue print sheet, be it mesh,sculptie or prims for the 3D virtual worlds that in my opinion makes me a builder not a creator.I think in my opinion that the misuse of the word creator, is because of the content licencing we have now in place that everybody is so worry about there builds be copy. I for one if somebody copy's my table with a copy-bot software to me that's a good thing means i did a great build job! and after all i did copy and build it from a photo and or blue-print WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME??? So my point is where do we draw the line? I'm really happy to hear that kitely will have a market place. What i'm not so happy to hear is about the paid-pal thing, because I'm just afraid of a bunch of builder coming in here and building stuff solely for profit and not giving a dam about the social committee ideas.
Well I guess i said more then i though i would ok I'll shut-up!!! lol
Oh! it would be an honor to me if i could be a mentor and join the mentor group.

Thank You,Gene Arkright
These users thanked the author gene arkright for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyBladyblue Bommerang
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Welcome to Kitely gene :-)

As per your request, I've sent you an invite to join the Kitely Mentors Group. We meet every Wed at 1:00pm PST on http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ila ... up-Hangout (this world page is updated with the times of upcoming meetings)
Constance Peregrine

Welcome Gene-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hi Gene,
Really like your first paragraph. It paints an interesting picture of Kitely. I've always thought of the osgrid as sort of a new frontier and Kitely is constantly exploring and expanding the boundaries. Can't say I agree with your view on creators, or merchants, but you are certainty entitled to your opinion. Look forward to seeing you at the mentors meeting :D
Bladyblue Bommerang

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote: As a roleplay creator, the biggest problem faced when arriving on other grids is most certainly content. Land is cheap, but filling that land with good looking stuff and compelling experiences can be problematic. I therefore have made it my "quest" to create a roleplay area which meets and even surpasses the quality of what is found currently in SL.
I took my 3 sim RP out of SL and created it in Kitely as a 16 megaregion. And content has been hard to come by. I bopught several expensive RAW terraform files from SL Merchants and found a few items I culd use from Kitely content designers.

I have been begging the creator of SpellFire to join me here so I can continue using his RP HUD.

My OOC sim is here: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Bla ... -and-magic

And my Megaregion is here: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Bla ... -of-Rygeon

I would love your feedback. Thanks.
These users thanked the author Bladyblue Bommerang for the post:
Autumn Dreams
Nancy Hilltops

Post by Nancy Hilltops »

I'm Nancy I'm new here not entirely sure what to do only have one friend that plays this and they are not on right now.
These users thanked the author Nancy Hilltops for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Dot Macchi

Post by Dot Macchi »

Hello Nancy. Welcome! :)

If you want to find people online, the Worlds at the very top of the World Search page usually have people in them:
http://www.kitely.com/search

Clicking "Shopping" will bring up places where you can find stuff (often free) to change your avatar:
http://www.kitely.com/search?ps=1

Otherwise, go exploring -- there are some lovely builds on Kitely. Try typing in some key words in Search and see what turns up.

Hope this helps.
Constance Peregrine

Nancy Hilltops wrote:I'm Nancy I'm new here not entirely sure what to do only have one friend that plays this and they are not on right now.
Welcome to Kitely Nancy-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Jon Bauer

Post by Jon Bauer »

My avi name is Jon Bauer. I actually have avis on other grids, including Second Life, Avination, Inworldz and Island Oasis. Someone in Island Oasis told me about Kitely, especially in reference to 100K prims. I thought, how generous! Also, I had seen Kitely listed as a grid on both Firestorm and Imprudence viewers and was curious about checking Kitely out. I just think it is fun to explore different grids!

My land in Kitely is an island: Jon Bauer's Island. So far, I am just getting started, learning the ropes. In Second Life, I have shops at Spirit Mountain and Gaia Rising. My avi name in Second Life is actually Jethro Baudin, in honor of the British Band "Jethro Tull." It so happens I play a variety of musical instruments in RL and have built virtual versions in Second Life, as well as on other grids.

The main appeal of virtual worlds is the people I meet online. Even if I do not build too much or manage to sell any of my virtual creations, at least I will manage to meet good friends. Thanks to Ilan, Oren and company for providing this awesome service.

Best wishes,

Jon Bauer
These users thanked the author Jon Bauer for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang