Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Frank SquirrelHerder

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Frank SquirrelHerder »

Welcome, Paul! Sounds like a fun place, and I look forward to seeing it get built.

You're absolutely right: way more bang for your buck with open sim! I shudder to think about the literal thousands of dollars I spent in tier to LL over the years before finally making the switch. There's no going back!
These users thanked the author Frank SquirrelHerder for the post:
Chris Namaste
By day I write modern fantasy novels, by night I torture prims!
Powered by black coffee and dark beer.
Ron Harris
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ron Harris »

Hello Folks!

I am on Kitely now ... after many years ago leaving SL.

I am trying to dust off my memory cells on being in the sim world ... it is taking a while but I am getting there!

I do have a question ... I wrote an LSL script using an external editor ... and have it saved on my PC now; however,
I can't see how to import or upload that script into my avatar's inventory. It is already successfully compiled into
a .LSL file. Using the UPLOAD function from BUILD in game I don't see a spot to do that.

I must be missing something really simple.

I would appreciate some tips and guidance on how to do that.

Regards

Ron
These users thanked the author Ron Harris for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixGraham MillsChris NamasteAda Radius
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Greetings Ron! Welcome to Kitely.

Yes, it is deceptively simple. Your .lsl file should be in text format. Rez a prim, in the CONTENTS tab create a NEW SCRIPT, and paste your script into it. Save it, and good to go. Placing it in a prim can allow you to test it for bugs. From the prim you can drag the script to your inventory.

Note that some Second Life scripts don't work on Opensim grids... so it may need modified, sometimes minor, sometimes significant modification, in some instances almost totally rewritten, depending on the script. However many scripts work right away. Note: you'll have to be on a region that allows you to both rez a prim and that allows scripts to operate in order to test it properly.

Again, welcome to Kitely! :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteAlexina Proctor
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Hello, Ron -- welcome!
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

Nice to meet you here Ron :)
it's a great 'bunch' here in Kitely & many helping hands :)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 2):
Alexina ProctorSnoots Dwagon
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Tuna Oddfellow 2

Post by Tuna Oddfellow 2 »

I am Tuna Oddfellow. I have been in Second Life since August 15th 2005. I am an entertainer and a community builder and I am known for creating my own virtual world artform and performance art and I became a wee bit famous in virtual worlds.

I began exploring opensimular worlds in 2006 but but the worlds were empty shells and I returned home to SL fast enough all the while learning how to play with the opensim tech. I maintain an OSgrid account and just got back there after years away.

I have performed my art in a number of worlds large and small. The other world I was most persistent in was InWorldz and I had a regular residency there for most of their lifespan thanks to residents Like Quadropop Tree letting me live in their skies and perform regular shows of the Odd Ball: The oddest little ball in the metaverse. Coming soon to a grid near you!

I am a real life magician and started doing magic when I was 4 years old so I can not help but view the world through the eyes of the magus. My mission in life is to touch everyone who crosses my path with a sense of wonder. I hope to do that here too. How do you create that wow factor in worlds where anything you can imagine is possible?

Hold my beer!

I met my RL and SL wife Ariella Oddfellow towards the beginning of my second life but we fell in love in InWorldz during the nigh of my performance for their final birthday celebration. Little did we know a month later that world would go the way of the dodo bird.

I created my Kitely account March 27 2011. Thank you Rosa and Mike for giving me the motivation to play here finally. everything in it's time.

I just got back to SL after being away from virtual worlds for the better part of a year. Covid has not been kind to many of us and my family is still dealing with it's destruction in our own lives. What we need now is community and I will slowly integrate Kitely into my virtual world routine.

Love to the Tunaverse I cant wait to play!

<3 Tuna Odfellow
These users thanked the author Tuna Oddfellow 2 for the post (total 7):
Ilan TochnerZed deTremontSnoots DwagonChris NamasteSelby EvansGraham MillsAlexina Proctor
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Welcome Tuna! As you explore Kitely you will find that Opensim has come a long way over the years. In the last few years major revisions have been made that have greatly enhanced system power and speed. In addition to that Kitely has made many modifications that have enhanced the operation of this grid. Just recently Kitely fixed a texture rezzing error that has plagued our virtual worlds since the founding of SL. Every Sunday at 1pm is an open-conversation grid meeting with Ilan Tochner (one of the grid owners) sitting in and taking notes. I have seen many things implemented on Kitely due to suggestions during those weekly meetings. So you'll find the owners of Kitely to be very open to ideas.

So again welcome! I hope you find it as enjoyable here as I have. Come visit us any time (see da signature). :)
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAlexina Proctor
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Gregg Legendary

Post by Gregg Legendary »

welcome to all :D who found their way here
These users thanked the author Gregg Legendary for the post:
Chris Namaste
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Welcome Tuna
I have a big 24/7 world and would be glad to host your activities there.
Creative Collaborators
https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Se ... laborators
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Chris Namaste
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Gashp! I haz just realized that after all this time I have not introduced myself. 'Scuses... scuses. :o

(If I have already introduced myself and just forgot, please let me know. Not that it will change this post, but at least I'll know.) :roll:

Halloo. I'm Snoots Dwagon. I've been a member of Kitely since April 2016... and some time before that as an alt. I was on Inworldz from day 1, and on Some Large grid since 2004. I'm a creator, scripter, merchant, self-hosted land owner, and specialize in avatars and spaceships, 'cos they awesomes. Am the founder of the Rabid Pink Pirates, an Elf Clan Dragon, and a Kitely Greeter.

My Kitely Market store is DragonForge... where (believe it or not) I sell Dwagons. Just getting started there.

I am a "Dinkie Dwagon", also known a a "tiny" or "wee" or "small" avatar. Genus: Dwaconis Impervius.

The story of Dwagons can be found here: http://elfclan.spruz.com/pt/Da-Dwagon-a ... c/blog.htm
Is a true story.

I am a Shadow Dwagon of the shapeshifting variety... which means I can take any of several dwagon forms as well as "biggie" forms. But on Kitely I'm pretty much always a Dwagon.

My normal appearance... Cap'n Snoots Dwagon of da Rabid Pink Pirates
Snoots Dwagon .jpg
Snoots Dwagon .jpg (246.42 KiB) Viewed 9166 times
In my NiteBite form
NiteBite Form .jpg
NiteBite Form .jpg (233.3 KiB) Viewed 9166 times
As a Tiny Dwagon
Tiny Varmint .jpg
Tiny Varmint .jpg (307.76 KiB) Viewed 9166 times

I became actively involved with Kitely in August 2020 at the request of Alexina Proctor and Prax Maryjasz, initially to build a Theater on the back of Wellspring's Sendalonde Community Library. Then they asked me if I'd like to build an entire Tiny Town. When we got that done they liked it so much they doubled the land space, so now Weefolk Township covers a bit over a region in size and offers free avatars and free homes to active Weefolks.

Here on Kitely I'm mainly involved with Wellspring and Tessin, both MegaWorlds. I've enjoyed working with Kitely to promote and help improve the grid. I've found Ilan and Oren to be excellent grid owners. No grid is perfect, but the trick is for the owners to be receptive to feedback, friendly, and fix the major issues as best they can. They do that, regularly. I like that Kitely has weekly meetings where any user can bring something like that to their attention... and they actually listen. :P That just rawks.

So... Dwagons like cookies (in case anyone didn't know), and chocolate, and pizza, and lasagna. (I bet you hungry now, right?). We is totally innocent of eberthing. Rumors I sit on chocolate cake is photoshopped propaganda. Okay, well maybe not, but hey, nobody else was sitting on it, so...

I'm happy to be part of Kitely.
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsAlexina Proctor
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~