Introduce Yourself...

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Orb Emerald

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Post by Orb Emerald »

Hi Everyone, I'm not new to virtual (I've been online since 1995), and have had my Kitely account for a while.. but, I've become active just recently. I buy and sell on Kitely Market.. purchasing over 250 items so far (lol) I'm an addict for sure :idea: I'm putting together a "Hypergridder's Hop Monthly Gift Event. Hopefully it'll be active soon on Opensimworld.com. My Home is in DigiWorldz since the past few years and I'm just setting up my main store there on my region Crystal Valley II. I love that I can upload to Kitely Market too so it's quite a busy time for me now. Add me as a friend if you like =)
Best Regards,
Orb
These users thanked the author Orb Emerald for the post (total 5):
Selby EvansIlan TochnerFreda FrostbiteDot MatrixZed deTremont
Frank SquirrelHerder

Post by Frank SquirrelHerder »

Hey everyone!

I've been a lurker for a while, watching Kitely for years. I set up an account in 2018 but never did anything with it. I think that's about to change!

I'm considering either a 2x2 or 4x4 region, within which I plan on creating a scale model version of the fictional world I created for the books I write with my wife. Here's an early version of the map: https://frhurt.com/bonus-stuff/aedynar-world-map/

I've already had the good fortune of meeting a few really friendly people (shout out to Desmond Lane who even gave me a temporary home on his sim, along with building platform access so I could experiment). I'm hoping to contribute to the community and be here a very long time. :)
These users thanked the author Frank SquirrelHerder for the post (total 4):
Dot MatrixIlan TochnerChris NamasteSelby Evans
By day I write modern fantasy novels, by night I torture prims!
Powered by black coffee and dark beer.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Welcome, Orb and Frank! :-)
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Frank SquirrelHerderOrb Emerald
Adira Quirina

Post by Adira Quirina »

Hello Kitely community!

it seems I am not the only one who posts an introduction years after creating the account :roll:

I am in my forties, german but living in the south of Spain, love sun and beaches and not to forget riding motorcycle 8-) I do appreciate life and nature, play the piano, love music, cats, dogs... and so much more. Technical I have some IT skills, thus I am interested in scripting beside building a nice sim. I have played around with Daz3d (I think 6 years ago), perhaps I might try again to dive into mesh and such things, seems to be interesting.

My first 1x1 region was a private project. My virtual 3D experience has started with first tries in "Cyberworld Network", was somehow fascinating at that time. In 2010 I made an account on Second Life, where I was primary role-playing and buying things :lol:

A while ago, we were thinking about setting up our own role-play sim and were looking for alternatives to SL, which we just couldn't afford. Even though, I had my account on Kitely already, I was checking other grids as well, but decided to go with Kitely, mainly because of the performance and pricing. And now, being active for two weeks, I am very happy with my decision. Performance is amazing, people are very friendly and support extremely quick. I had an issue and IM'ed Ilan and he was there right away and helped me to solve everything. Thank you so much for your help!

I am looking forward to meet lot's of other people and wish you all a good time, stay safe and take care!

Sincerely,
Adira

PS: Oh yes, not to forget my husband and I are now partners in Kitely!! :D :D :D Thank you also for this Ilan!!!
These users thanked the author Adira Quirina for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerFreda FrostbiteFrank SquirrelHerder
Frank SquirrelHerder

Post by Frank SquirrelHerder »

Hey Adira! It was great getting to meet you and your husband at the weekly Kitely Community Meeting. I've now gotten my wife into Kitely as we build out our new sim. We'll need to have you two over sometime for virtual beers. :)
These users thanked the author Frank SquirrelHerder for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerAdira QuirinaSelby Evans
By day I write modern fantasy novels, by night I torture prims!